Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Folt The Bolt posted:

That reminds me, which IP crossing over with the Warriors formula would you like to see next? I hope I get to see a crossover with Super Mario Bros. since there'd be a lot of cool elements that could be added to the Warriors gameplay and the HW and FEW games are pretty much the best, most high-quality ones I've played in this franchise.

Castlevania might not have enough weapon variety (100 whip users!) but I would still like to kill thousands of skeletons with Shanoa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Rirse posted:

Wait the bombchu can FIGHT? I was laughing when I saw "Bombchu is attacking Cucco Chick", but when I went to save it, the thing was chasing it around in the keep.

What the gently caress that's incredible hahaha

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

CaptainRat posted:

Castlevania might not have enough weapon variety (100 whip users!) but I would still like to kill thousands of skeletons with Shanoa.

I haven't played many Castlevanias, but I think there are plenty of not-whip users to be had.

Dawn of Sorrow had a bunch of weapons, plus the whole Soul system. Lots of options for movesets there. Then there was that girl... Maria(?) who summoned dragons and birds and monkeys and poo poo. That'd be rad in a Warriors game. And the Charlotte part of the Charlotte!Jonathan! duo used magic.

If you throw in the sub weapons like the cross and the throwing potions and stuff... there still not a whole lot of variety but you could make it work, maybe?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

That reminds me, which IP crossing over with the Warriors formula would you like to see next? I hope I get to see a crossover with Super Mario Bros. since there'd be a lot of cool elements that could be added to the Warriors gameplay and the HW and FEW games are pretty much the best, most high-quality ones I've played in this franchise.

at the top of my head...

Super Smash Warriors
Metroid Warriors
Kingdom hearts Warriors
Mega man Warriors
and Wario Warriors

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pixeltendo posted:

Metroid Warriors

A Warriors game with only one character would be an interesting choice.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kirby Warriors.

I mean seriously, excuse me

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

this mission for the rank 3 spinner is my first “don’t get hit” mission and it seems very hard to a-rank. especially with sheik as the boss. are there any tips or cheeses for this

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

chumbler posted:

A Warriors game with only one character would be an interesting choice.

Well I imagine they'd also make the Prime Hunter characters playable too.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Advance Warriors (weapon types are vehicles and you ride around on a little cartoon-looking tank/jeep/helicopter unless you're playing as infantry; all vehicles are available to all COs, who have a variety of different powers they can use independently of them instead)

Other classical world literature besides Romance of the Three Kingdoms could be fun to exist. Round Table Warriors, or Mahabharata Warriors, or something. I know they tried this once with that one based on the Iliad, but they shouldn't give up.

Apparently the president of Koei Tecmo has wanted to do Star Wars Musou for years, and I can't see a single thing wrong with that concept as long as Darth Sidious is playable and you can just go around electrocuting various enemies and cackling about Unlimited Power.

Pixeltendo posted:

and Wario Warriors

Dynasty Warios

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

b_d posted:

this mission for the rank 3 spinner is my first “don’t get hit” mission and it seems very hard to a-rank. especially with sheik as the boss. are there any tips or cheeses for this

This worked in the 3DS version. I dunno if they nerfed it, but the water fairy gets an ability that creates a water shield around you, just like Sheik's water shield. It blocks attacks. It won't save you from much, but it'll save you from that ONE lousy mook that scratched you while you were busy fighting something else. Another thing that's supposed to be helpful is an item power up potion (or something similar) and spam the Light Arrows at everything.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Is that an apothecary thing? I guess I need more skulltulas

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is there some trick to Young Link that I’m missing? He seems completely useless in combat

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Sockser posted:

Is there some trick to Young Link that I’m missing? He seems completely useless in combat

1. Buld up special. 2. Use X to convert special into magic. 3. Max out magic. 4. Use Focus Spirit. 5. Enjoy destruction of all things.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Bongo Bill posted:

Other classical world literature besides Romance of the Three Kingdoms could be fun to exist. Round Table Warriors, or Mahabharata Warriors, or something. I know they tried this once with that one based on the Iliad, but they shouldn't give up.

Just go all the way, Sid Meier's Civilization Warriors.

EDIT: I wrote this as a joke but now I'm imagining George Washington armed with hatchets battling Frederick the Great wielding those star badges he wore as shurikens and I want it for real.

Reveilled fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jun 10, 2018

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Folt The Bolt posted:

1. Buld up special. 2. Use X to convert special into magic. 3. Max out magic. 4. Use Focus Spirit. 5. Enjoy destruction of all things.

note that you can keep converting meter to refill your magic while you’re powered up too

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Sockser posted:

Upgrade his magic and special bars ASAP. Stay in Fierce Diety form as much as possible

He only really shines on maps with tons of enemies that let you stay in FD mode indefinitely. On like quiz or duel maps without mooks he's pretty bad

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

How about Toon Link? He probably has killer combo potential or something but as a bad he just seems weak and boring.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Zore posted:

Upgrade his magic and special bars ASAP. Stay in Fierce Diety form as much as possible

He only really shines on maps with tons of enemies that let you stay in FD mode indefinitely. On like quiz or duel maps without mooks he's pretty bad

Toon Link actually has very effective combos outside of the meter, so he's still better than most characters in his untransformed state.

The Moon Monster posted:

How about Toon Link? He probably has killer combo potential or something but as a bad he just seems weak and boring.

:confused:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Mylan posted:

Yeah the burst radius increases as the fairy gains levels. It seems like fairy kills dont count towards skill unlocks though :(
Stats (traits) do, which fairies get from food. Trouble is, there are TEN traits, and fairies only have five. If your fairy hits 99, you can refresh her, which grants a cumulative 1% bonus to damage and allows you to swap one trait for another.

Once you have all your traits in line, you still might need help getting your stats to the highest levels for skills like Magic Fountain+ (one whole minute of unlimited magic) so if you feed fairies you don't want to level 50 before replacing them, you'll get food granting stats to every trait.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Linkle has absolutely no chill :stare:

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Bell_ posted:

Stats (traits) do, which fairies get from food.

I know, I meant weapon skill KOs. Makes sense I guess, but still a bummer.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I don't understand Fairies. I just noticed that I can click the right stick to activate... something? It took a bunch of my magic. I have a bunch of types of food (Lon Lon milk, magic beans, all-purpose bait etc.) but I seriously don't know enough about them to put any time of effort into the system yet.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

"Fairy magic," activated by pressing the right stick while having enough magic, does damage to enemies over a wide radius. There's no visual effect associated with it, but it seems that it can kill enemies that aren't even loaded yet. The higher the fairy's level, the more damage and the wider the radius. At levels 25 and 50, a fairy gains additional elemental effects that are added to the affected area. Units that the spell is affecting are colored blue. They do more damage if the element matches the recommended element for the stage, and the damage scales with their level. Their clothing also influences the damage and the cost.

Additionally, a fairy gives you one or more "fairy abilities," which show up in the item menu. The abilities a fairy can give you are based on their stats, which are complicated to manage.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Silver Falcon posted:

I haven't played many Castlevanias, but I think there are plenty of not-whip users to be had.

Dawn of Sorrow had a bunch of weapons, plus the whole Soul system. Lots of options for movesets there. Then there was that girl... Maria(?) who summoned dragons and birds and monkeys and poo poo. That'd be rad in a Warriors game. And the Charlotte part of the Charlotte!Jonathan! duo used magic.

If you throw in the sub weapons like the cross and the throwing potions and stuff... there still not a whole lot of variety but you could make it work, maybe?

I'd play Soma Cruz but only if they bring back his coat from Aria.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I think I got 500 kills with a fairy once.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

b_d posted:

I think I got 500 kills with a fairy once.

My level 68 fairy took out over 1k the last time I played but it was on one of the maps that spawns ridiculous amounts of enemies whenever you kill captains or giant bosses. I dunno what I'm doing with food. I just shove all of it down one fairy's throat regardless of stat changes.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Linkle owns.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I hope they announce fire emblem vs Hyrule Warriors at e3 tomorrow

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Finally finished Legends mode, and I've got about 35% of the first adventure map done, but I'm wondering what level I should be before I start tackling other maps?

There's so much content on the first map, but I'm starting to run into issues where enemies are massive damage sponges on the harder challenges, so I feel like I need to dip into other maps for better weapons.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The first couple of levels in each map are easy enough to handle as soon as the map is unlocked, and there are some high-level weapons that can be accessed early if you know what you're doing, like Sheik's 4+. It absolutely is a good idea to be bouncing around between maps a lot.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If you're having trouble with the missions involving traitors, I find it helpful to start out by going back into the allied area and eliminating the leaders of the initial wave of turncoat forces. The leaders of those groups are a lot weaker - so weak you can't even target them, but they still have health bars, and eliminating one still makes all of their followers go away. Very often there's an owl statue accessible in that direction as well, which it will be helpful to have activated. It's still a challenging mission type, but doing that initial sweep means that the allied base takes longer to start having problems and lasts longer when they do arise.

I like how much this game is based on efficiency. The character you're controlling can do anything, but only one at a time, and everything is going wrong at once. So the sense of progression comes from upgrades that help you get those tasks done faster, and the challenge in each mission is to prioritize all of the threats, deciding which ones will help you win and which can be left alone for now, and react to changing circumstances. It really is a strategy game played from an action perspective.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Speaking of efficiency, gently caress Volga's L2 Weapon mission, I tried it for over an hour last night and kept failing the A rank. "Don't let captains flee!" oh yeah right they die to superpowered enemies in two hits. "Cia's in troub---Cia's in danger assist--You failed the mission!" all in the span of 5 seconds like what the gently caress allied AI can't you do anything? And even if you make it to the end of that they you still have to fight Imprisoned who seems resistant to Volga's attacks and needs like, 4 WPG depletions to beat. gently caress this level, I guess it's time to level him up to like Level 50 and try it again (I'm attempting it with him at level 30 or so and all the rest of the missions on Great Sea normal have been doable at that level or lower).

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

tithin posted:

I hope they announce fire emblem vs Hyrule Warriors at e3 tomorrow

Concerns about how the gently caress they are going to reconcile the two playstyles aside, it would be loving awesome. :allears:

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

FPzero posted:

Speaking of efficiency, gently caress Volga's L2 Weapon mission, I tried it for over an hour last night and kept failing the A rank. "Don't let captains flee!" oh yeah right they die to superpowered enemies in two hits. "Cia's in troub---Cia's in danger assist--You failed the mission!" all in the span of 5 seconds like what the gently caress allied AI can't you do anything? And even if you make it to the end of that they you still have to fight Imprisoned who seems resistant to Volga's attacks and needs like, 4 WPG depletions to beat. gently caress this level, I guess it's time to level him up to like Level 50 and try it again (I'm attempting it with him at level 30 or so and all the rest of the missions on Great Sea normal have been doable at that level or lower).

His level two annoyed me so much I just did his level 3 on Master Quest map and was way easier. Just traitorous captains with a Argorok fight that I killed in two depleted WPG at like level 30.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Maybe it's an homage to the fact that it was easier to get his L3 in the original game than his L2. Still, good to know, thanks.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Probably do the same with Impa's level 3 weapon instead of dealing with traitor captains and the plant snipers..

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Mylan posted:

I know, I meant weapon skill KOs. Makes sense I guess, but still a bummer.

This isn’t... entirely true

I had a 5000 unlock on Sheik, went to one of the KO contest maps, unlocked the skill somewhere around 6500 KOs, most of which were from fairy magic

I notice a lot of times when I pop fairy magic my KO count will go up by 4-500 but then the pop up will tell me that I cleared like, 130

Fairy Magic is wonky and weird is what I’m saying.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

FPzero posted:

If you are struggling with a level.

Enable Co-op and choose your desired OP character for Player 2

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Rirse posted:

Probably do the same with Impa's level 3 weapon instead of dealing with traitor captains and the plant snipers..

Impa's level 4 in the twilight map is nothing special, I managed it no problem with a 25 Impa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Crashing after completing a rough level is so loving deflating