Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i ended up seeing solo because a friend had an extra ticket and i had nothing to do last night. it's very not good and i had to laugh that all the dumb poo poo people said was in it was actually in it. i legit thought some of it was trolling (i would've definitely thought maul was if i hadn't seen a picture of it).

in conclusion, rich evans is a hack fraud with eye problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Wrageowrapper posted:

Three Arrows, along with the voices of Shaun and Harvey the Bomberman, dunks on Black Pigeon Speaks for his continued stupidity and thinly veiled nazism apologia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbLzVZysFyM

This is a good video. I’m glad youtube is starting to get more voices holding a line directly against the nazi creep, although I don’t know how they can tolerate listening to one of those loving videos all the way through.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
the answer is that we don't need a star wars movie every year

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Fabricated posted:

the answer is that we don't need a star wars movie every year

There was only ever one Star Wars movie, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. :confused:

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Tarquinn posted:

Uh, assuming everything written in their statement is not a lie, what could they have done better, or less pathetic

More than six sentences for a start.

Full disclosure - I don't know who these people are, I have minimal understanding of what has happened. I had insomnia last night and stumbled across the tweet that I posted, which I popped here because I figured it was relevant. Then later on someone I know posted the statement on FB, and just reading that hit me as minimum effort. It reads as pathetic to me because because it is so bare-bones and heartless.

Delving into deeper territory, and I'll remind you that I don't know all the details, but the whole 'assuming it is not a lie' thing is where I have a bigger problem. There's no timeline. "Half a year ago [person] left. At some point later they made accusations. This statement is coming out as these allegations have reached a public platform. At some point in between these events, we have had a full investigation" I can't take that seriously. How long were [person]'s allegations floating around before action was taken? How long did action take? Does HR Firm have a name? or is that their name?

quote:

To ensure maximum employee protection, we asked the HR firm to provide a list of recommendations for the future. Extra Credits is currently implementing these recommendations.

Can we see those? Doesn't have to be the full thing, but evidence of an actual report and action plan would be really really helpful right now, don't you think?

So, from my viewpoint - "what could they have done better?" loving anything!. Something. Whatever.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
Also I don't play Visual Novel games and picked up Mutiny!! on a whim without looking at it too much because I saw it mentioned as a good thing in this thread and THE gently caress DID YOU DO TO ME?!?!?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

KayTee posted:

Also I don't play Visual Novel games and picked up Mutiny!! on a whim without looking at it too much because I saw it mentioned as a good thing in this thread and THE gently caress DID YOU DO TO ME?!?!?

It's a good game fam

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Went to look at that game and man, so many of the top/featured reviews are "FUKKEN CENSORSHIP I DON'T EVEN LIKE VN'S BUT I BOUGHT THIS ON PRINCIPLE", like okay so now that you all totally stopped valve from doing that thing could there be some more reviews to the otherwise.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

Went to look at that game and man, so many of the top/featured reviews are "FUKKEN CENSORSHIP I DON'T EVEN LIKE VN'S BUT I BOUGHT THIS ON PRINCIPLE", like okay so now that you all totally stopped valve from doing that thing could there be some more reviews to the otherwise.

Late Stage Capitalism has led to this phenomenon where the only true political change individuals can meaningfully express is conspicuous consumption and it's loving us up really hard.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

WampaLord posted:

Late Stage Capitalism has led to this phenomenon where the only true political change individuals can meaningfully express is conspicuous consumption and it's loving us up really hard.

Some of these are a real hoot at that.

"I havent the slightest interest in playing this game. I still don't.

I also found Hatred to be in extremely poor taste. It nearly made me sick when i played it for the first time.

And yet out of all of my 500+ games, and my 6 years on this platform, these two are now my most treasured.

Because if you begin censoring that which you find odious, you cease to believe in the concept of free expression."

Yeah sick dude, I too stand up for free expression by giving money to bigots for their literal spree killer sim. (I'm sure the Mutiny people are fine but loving big fat lol at "treasuring" anything related to Hatred)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Freedom of speech means that everyone must always listen to and entertain tedious bullshit whenever it occurs, and also that the most important speech is video games or nazis on twitter, although most of these people probably aren’t big fans of regulations on private actors so

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm a fan of cinefix's "what's the difference" that compares a novel to its adaption. movies vs their novelizations would be a cool series for someone to tackle imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XZyjp8uTJk

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

tbh mutiny is just a queer anime titties pirate VN and you probably know whether you want to play it or not based off of that description

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Junpei Hyde posted:

tbh mutiny is just a queer anime titties pirate VN and you probably know whether you want to play it or not based off of that description

With horsecock futanari. I feel that mentioning the horsecock futanari should also play into the description somewhere.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You buy stuff to make your enemys frustrated and anxious about the proxy culture war.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

KayTee posted:

With horsecock futanari. I feel that mentioning the horsecock futanari should also play into the description somewhere.

we live in a wonderful world

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

You buy stuff to make your enemys frustrated and anxious about the proxy culture war.

I just found out those red Trump hats are $40 on the official campaign site store.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
There was a local arts festival yesterday with a stand where you could buy "hats to offend people", or something. Had MAGA and "Make the Military Great Again" hats. I just laughed and moved on, wish I had a camera with me.

I would not buy some stupid hentai visual novel to own the magachuds, though.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

KayTee posted:

More than six sentences for a start.

Full disclosure - I don't know who these people are, I have minimal understanding of what has happened. I had insomnia last night and stumbled across the tweet that I posted, which I popped here because I figured it was relevant. Then later on someone I know posted the statement on FB, and just reading that hit me as minimum effort. It reads as pathetic to me because because it is so bare-bones and heartless.

Delving into deeper territory, and I'll remind you that I don't know all the details, but the whole 'assuming it is not a lie' thing is where I have a bigger problem. There's no timeline. "Half a year ago [person] left. At some point later they made accusations. This statement is coming out as these allegations have reached a public platform. At some point in between these events, we have had a full investigation" I can't take that seriously. How long were [person]'s allegations floating around before action was taken? How long did action take? Does HR Firm have a name? or is that their name?

Can we see those? Doesn't have to be the full thing, but evidence of an actual report and action plan would be really really helpful right now, don't you think?

So, from my viewpoint - "what could they have done better?" loving anything!. Something. Whatever.

All right, fair enough.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I have hated Extra Credits for a long time, but mostly due to the fact that they never actually cover the topic to any degree, they just raise the central question of their clickbait title and then go "Well, there's a lot we still need to learn!"

Also the really dumb chipmunk voice filter thing.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

plus, as we discussed, their fallout 3/new vegas comparison is one of the dumbest things ever created in the history of man.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

BigRed0427 posted:

Also, wht the gently caress was Darth Maul doing in this film?

Maul showing up like 30 seconds was basically Dave Filoni bursting into the room and shouting in your face “YES, THE TV SHOWS ARE CANON. BYE!”

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

KayTee posted:

Groovelord Neato posted:

plus, as we discussed, their fallout 3/new vegas comparison is one of the dumbest things ever created in the history of man.

These are both posts that I can't tell if I want explained or not.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIQ6yWptvfA

note: your character in new vegas doesn't have amnesia.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIQ6yWptvfA

note: your character in new vegas doesn't have amnesia.

They're basically saying that because an action happens in the beginning it has to be the 2nd act and not the 1st? This is really dumb, and I hate their stupid chipmunk filter so much.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

business hammocks posted:

I just found out those red Trump hats are $40 on the official campaign site store.

WHAT THE gently caress

Hey does the Han Solo movie have Dash Rendar?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Leal posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

Hey does the Han Solo movie have Dash Rendar?

Yes. He’s the best part of the film.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I used to have the one name, but after a chance with fate I am now called John BillboardSlogan.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

nine-gear crow posted:

Maul showing up like 30 seconds was basically Dave Filoni bursting into the room and shouting in your face “YES, THE TV SHOWS ARE CANON. BYE!”

https://www.slashfilm.com/solo-reveal-explained/

Ron Howard posted:

I will say that was scripted and there was a lot of uncertainty as to who that character would be. So it was sort of initially written in a rather generic way.

It just sort of said “Boss”. And I thought when I came in, I assumed they knew who it was and they were just keeping it under wraps. And they didn’t. But Maul was listed as one of the candidates. And I lobbied hard for that. I thought that made a lot of sense to me. I found that character to be really effective. And I knew for a fact, without asking directly and giving anything away, my son Reed who just turned 31, who’s a dedicated Star Wars fan, he’s a golfer. He’s not in the business. Dedicated Star Wars fan. I just whispered that possibility and he just thought that would be incredibly cool. And so for that generation, I thought, well that was gonna be a pretty interesting idea. And doing a little more research and understanding sort of how the character had worked elsewhere, I thought it was good. And the Kasdan’s were on board with that. And but then we actually shot it twice. Because we did it once. And then we realized we, it wasn’t quite Maul enough yet.

Added the lightsaber. And intensified it. And definitely took a big jump.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

sexpig by night posted:

for comparison when a tiny roleplaying game podcast network called One Shot had someone close to them accused of some bad poo poo they also hired an outside firm to investigate. They, however, made a big public statement right away explaining what they were doing, that they took the claim seriously and believed the accuser, and walked everyone through the exact process being done. When the report came back that it was indeed a fake claim they posted the entire report, which had a detailed investigation and timeline and all, and posted a helpful summary to give a clear message of 'because it's been found that he literally wasn't even in the state during a couple of these accusations and there's zero communication found between them we're considering this closed'. It was 100% transparent from the start, making it clear if it was found true they'd have no issue taking direct action even though it sucks to find that about a friend. Every step of the process was public and available for everyone to see.

EC, however, just said 'we hired an HR contractor...A FEMALE HR person....She says it's ok, bye.'

yeah okay, that's fair. I do think there's probably a middle ground between "everything is public" and "we did the thing, no further details" that they could reach, cause I don't think literally everything should be made public or really needs to. like, privacy is still a thing, right? I can see why they'd want to save on elaboration, cause even the smallest details can open the whole pandora's box of privacy invasion by people who really want to crack that nut.

but yeah okay, maybe a few more details are needed to calm people down. I'm fine with taking them at their word and ignoring them again.

nine-gear crow posted:

wait seriously?

I may actually watch this film just for this (not really but hyperbole)

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

He’s just Dash until he applies for a job at a special effects company doing cg.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

KayTee posted:

See, I bought Mutiny, because when it was first announced that it was going to be removed from the storefront, the devs dropped the price down to 99¢. Were it not for that, I probably wouldn't have picked it up.

As far as it being a 'protest', what I figured was that since they figured their game was going to get removed from the store, they dropped it to such a low price in order for as many people to pick it up. Obviously, they wouldn't make that much from it, but neither would Steam.

Going back to GOG, they've occasionally offered up their games on sale or for free when the licenses for them are due to expire (though it depends on who the publisher is).

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005535390365712384
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005583250721402880
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005511156847370240
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005925675121958912

Eeeeeeeeeh.

I don't think video game industry you envision is ever going to be what you want man, barring a total and final collapse of capitalism creating a new paradigm in how we create and sell media.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

He posts that hot take every year at E3.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I kind of agree but on the other hand, it's entertainment and games of empathy and solidarity aren't often fun. Interesting and provocative, yes, but rarely "fun" in the sense. Conflict is fun. But also, humans are complex creatures. It would be nice if everyone got along, but people will have different beliefs and views on the best possible action to better everyone and when two people with different ideas clash, it breeds conflict.

Also murdering nazis is always good and fun. I won't hear otherwise by anyone. :colbert:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that stupid bastard exists as a whipping boy for gamergate and nothing else

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It’s silly to feel guilty about what entertains you, but it’s hard to disagree with his diagnosis. “Knowing” cynicism and a refusal of a better world betray an impoverished politics and a naive capitulation to the world as it is. It all sounds like a teenager’s idea of what harsh truth is, because so many Americans have the depth of thought of a teenager.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

The seems like a few steps next to "Call of Duty and Doom are causing mass shootings"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005535390365712384
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005583250721402880
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005511156847370240
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005925675121958912

Eeeeeeeeeh.

I don't think video game industry you envision is ever going to be what you want man, barring a total and final collapse of capitalism creating a new paradigm in how we create and sell media.

does anyone actualy like this dude. like i can agree with the basics of his points but he goes way to far down jack thompson ally way to often. the difference between him and say good critics like lindsey ellis or even his old work place of Femfreq is they didnt turn criticisms into weird morality purity poo poo. dudes sex negative as gently caress as well. plus most of the time if he hates it, its probably at least decent. He makes good critics/progressives look bad.

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005929435126611969

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1005938559683981312

he legit doesn't like anything.

SgtSteel91 posted:

The seems like a few steps next to "Call of Duty and Doom are causing mass shootings"

he has posted grossman type arguments and he probably got "let go" because he went off on doom a couple years back.