Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Idk how it happened but Pete’s command for fetch has turned into sort of a high pitch “Pete Pete Pete Pete Pete Pete,” until he comes back.... it’s super cool to do in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://i.imgur.com/TKsMKYj.gifv

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i think my heart just tore in half

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I noticed today that Timothy doesn’t pee OVER Zipper’s spot, but to the side where she peed.

It’s as if he’s telling the world “Timothy and Zipper forever.”

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOSImod6250

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Wtf hardly anyone is posting dogs

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Here is a good dog, but gently caress, dude just give the dog the goddamned stick!

Don't bother watching the whole video, just skipping to 3 or 4 points will get the point across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_wlZ6XUyu8

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Copy+paste from discord:

I’m about to start traveling for work. It’s looking like it’s going to be every month for two weeks at a time. And that lifestyle isn’t fair to Monty. He doesn’t deserve a part time owner. So long story short, this summer I’ve got to make a decision and I’m considering giving Monty to my neighbors that I had before I moved here. They know him, they love him. He loves them. They have kids that will always play with him. He will always be loved and best of all, he won’t have a part time owner.

I still don’t know for sure. I’m taking the summer to decide, and its going to probably be the most difficult choice I’ve ever had to make if I do decide to give him away. I get sad just thinking about it. But he deserves a better life than what it looks like I’ll be able to give him.

I just want him to have the best life possible.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Noooooooooo

:( :( :(

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

You should just find a random person to marry and live at your house to play with and feed Monty while you are on work trips. He can't lose his dad!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:smith:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Would your work travel schedule be a permanent thing? Because if it is, I think you should grind it out until you can find a new position, inside or outside of your current firm, that doesn’t have you traveling so much. I admire you wanting to do right by Monty at all times, but frankly, I believe that we work so we can enjoy the things that we love and provide for the things that we care for, and if work precludes either of those things, it’s time to find another gig.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Would your work travel schedule be a permanent thing? Because if it is, I think you should grind it out until you can find a new position, inside or outside of your current firm, that doesn’t have you traveling so much. I admire you wanting to do right by Monty at all times, but frankly, I believe that we work so we can enjoy the things that we love and provide for the things that we care for, and if work precludes either of those things, it’s time to find another gig.

He literally just started his first post-college job. Dude needs to stay put for a bit.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I get that, hence why I suggested that he gut it out until he can figure out a lateral move within his company or get promoted into something else. I remember him scoring this job and moving to the DC area; I didn’t recall him mentioning 50% travel being a part of it.

I know Cole will ultimately do what’s best for Monty.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Cole I get you love Monty to death and want what's best for him, but knowing your history and what this dog has done for you I think it would be a huge mistake to give him up. You're his dad since he was a puppy and I know he's helped you with some tough times. I really encourage you to find a way to make this work.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I just feel like I’d be really selfish to make Monty deal with my work schedule until I can maybe figure something else out, because I don’t know when that would be. I’m giving myself until the end of July to make a decision, because that would give my neighbors a month to think about it before something absolutely has to be in place long term for him.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Have you considered a dog sitter?

There's some that have pretty competitive rates.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

boop the snoot posted:

I just feel like I’d be really selfish to make Monty deal with my work schedule until I can maybe figure something else out, because I don’t know when that would be. I’m giving myself until the end of July to make a decision, because that would give my neighbors a month to think about it before something absolutely has to be in place long term for him.

Maybe you don't have to give him up, just have a foster family. He's with them for two weeks, then he's with you for two weeks. Twice the love!

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

BigDave posted:

Maybe you don't have to give him up, just have a foster family. He's with them for two weeks, then he's with you for two weeks. Twice the love!

This seems like the best option if your neighbours would take it, if they're interested in looking after him full time already.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The neighbors he’s talking about are back home not in new environment.

My suggestion, like others, is keep him and find a regular sitter in the new place for him to stay with while you’re out of town. You won’t be in a high travel position forever, and it might be such that enough of your travel is by car that you can just loving take him with you and he chills in the hotel while you’re working.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Just put the bowtie on him and bring him to meetings.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Monty is a professional and gentleman. Also a good boy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Bow ties are for plebs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

But seriously it isn’t hard to find hotels that take dogs, you can bring his kennel (probably leave it open and unlocked for him since he doesn’t have much anxiety) for him to chill in, and some rooms will have beds that he can fort monty under. It’ll be good for you to have a road buddy anyways.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

boop the snoot posted:

Bow ties are for plebs.

Lando at his Good Boy graduation would beg to differ.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Mr. Nice! posted:

But seriously it isn’t hard to find hotels that take dogs, you can bring his kennel (probably leave it open and unlocked for him since he doesn’t have much anxiety) for him to chill in, and some rooms will have beds that he can fort monty under. It’ll be good for you to have a road buddy anyways.

Seconding this, everything I've heard and seen about you and Monty has been incredible, you and this dog deserve to be together.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

A doofus having a good time; I love his perfectly curled tail.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think you could probably even get monty certified by your shrink as a genuine therapy/assistance dog because he legitimately is for you. I’m not saying monty is the only reason, but take a look back four years ago and look at the impact he has had on your life. Monty is a companion that has drastically improved your mental health and overall wellbeing. Your success is in part to what that dog has done for you. They’re empathy batteries. They know when we need them, and he’s always been there for you.

You don’t have to give him up at all and I don’t think you should.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Well if you don’t want him, I’ll take him off your hands for free...

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It will be difficult for both of you to manage things while you have to travel for work, but I think the alternative of seperating you two would be worse.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Is there any chance of a non travel role? I understand you have worked hard to get where you are but I'm assuming that you didn't know about the travel aspect until recently because that kind of job is not ideal for pet owners. Can you, financially and mentally, keep looking for a more suitable job?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Can you find all the puppers?

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
Im traveling and miss my big sleep dog

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?

Barcley posted:

THOSE PAWS

You should have brought him. Nobody would have even noticed. Tiniest baby.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Barcley posted:

thank you for buying an appropriate dog bed

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think you could probably even get monty certified by your shrink as a genuine therapy/assistance dog because he legitimately is for you. I’m not saying monty is the only reason, but take a look back four years ago and look at the impact he has had on your life. Monty is a companion that has drastically improved your mental health and overall wellbeing. Your success is in part to what that dog has done for you. They’re empathy batteries. They know when we need them, and he’s always been there for you.

You don’t have to give him up at all and I don’t think you should.

A friend of mine did this and it has worked out really well for him. I dont know how it works in the states but that dog can legit rides next to him when he flies for work with no legal issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Ultimately, a decision that results in a happy dog is a good decision.

And if it's with your neighbours, you'll still get to see him, right?