Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:siren::siren::siren:[RELEASE DATE: 04/19/2019:siren::siren::siren:[

About the game
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OinRDzEbqXc

Cyberpunk 2077 is an upcoming role-playing video game developed by CD Projekt Red and published by CD Projekt. Adapted from the tabletop game Cyberpunk 2020, it is set fifty-seven years later in dystopian Night City, California, an open world in which a group known as Edgerunners serve society in eight different roles, which the player is free to choose and customise a character from. Player agency and choice lead to alternate endings.

Using the REDengine 4 game engine, more staff members worked on Cyberpunk 2077 than worked on CD Projekt Red's previous game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The developer also launched a new division, CD Projekt Red Wrocław, to support development of the game.

Platforms
: Xbox, Ps4, Pc

Release date
: When its ready

:siren::siren::siren:INFO:siren::siren::siren:

• CD Projekt describes the game as a “first-person RPG.”Gameplay is in first a first-person perspective, but switched to third-person during a cutscene.

• You play a character named V (as in the letter).V can be a man or a woman.The stats you pick at the start include Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflexes, Tech, and Cool.

• These stats are all pulled from the original tabletop RPG.

• You can drive cars in the game, and seemingly toggle between first and third person during this.

• While driving in first-person, the U.I. appears diegetically on the windshield.
    CD Projekt also described Cyberpunk as a “mature experience intended for mature audiences.”

• Like Witcher, you take missions from NPCs and have dialogue options in conversations.

• It’s an open world that you open up more with “street cred.” For example, a specific jacket might raise it by 5%, allowing you access to new places.Completing a quest levels up your street cred.

• The UI in the demo is extremely minimal at — just a light compass and a small quest log. UI expands during combat — enemies have names, health bars, and what appear to be levels.

• Some enemies have question marks instead of levels, possibly meaning they’re much higher level than you.

• Damage numbers pop up during combat.There’s a bullet-time-like ability that allows you to slow down time.

• CD Projekt keeps emphasizing that choices have consequences, in the moment and to the world at large.

• Obstacles have several solutions depending on your skills. For example, V got to a door, but his hacking skill was too low. However, his engineering skill was high enough, so he could open a panel and bypass the door.

• There’s an inspection system lets you look super close at items and learn more about lore.

• You use an inhaler to heal.

• Gunplay feels slower than Doom or Borderlands, but faster than Fallout 4.

• :siren:romance and nudity confirmed https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-romance?tw=PCGN1:siren:

• You can own apartments and store your stash in some cool 'stylish' way. Wardrobe changes happen in your home, but you can change gear in the world

--------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Media

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8&t=16s

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots

LORE

GET HYPE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85bkCmaOh4o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjF9GgrY9c0

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- E N D O F T R A N S M I S S I O N ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Is there multiplayer? is there Coop?
What year is it coming (2077)
What kind of game is it?

sliami
Apr 28, 2018

there was a shiny robot girl in that trailer and all i wanna know is how do i be that. i want to be shiny and chrome projekt red

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

super excited for the release of this game that will definitely happen within the next decade (maybe)

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
hidden message in the E3 trailer

edit: Second half https://imgur.com/a/e6sVpYh

edit 2: Text

quote:

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise [sic] you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :).

But to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised [sic] life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team

Inkel fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 10, 2018

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am very excited to play as Geralt.exe

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Inkel posted:

They're such a great company.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
"You will be able to create your .............................."

?????

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Inkel posted:

"Microtransactions? In a single-player role-playing game? Are you nuts?"

I love CD Project.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Avalanche posted:

"You will be able to create your .............................."

?????

Character creation possibly.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Im hype

Secret Agent Cow
Dec 29, 2010

:dukedog:
Looks like there is an arg because every game has args now.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/quadra

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Wicked Them Beats posted:

"Microtransactions? In a single-player role-playing game? Are you nuts?"

I love CD Project.

Too bad they don't treat their employees as well as their customers.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Can't wait to play it when it releases in 2021 december.. :negative:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

WrightOfWay posted:

That sucks, and no ethical consumption blah blah blah, but speaking as a consumer I'm hyped.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Y'all don't know how hard I was praying "not watch dogs, please god don't be watch dogs" when the glitchy effect started on the e3 video

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Y'all don't know how hard I was praying "not watch dogs, please god don't be watch dogs" when the glitchy effect started on the e3 video

Past you didn't need to worry, because there's no way Ubisoft would give that to the MS presentation.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
When the trailer appeared I thought "wow, Cyberpunk 2077 is actually happening after all" but then they didn't announce a release date and now I'm back to being skeptical

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The release date is in the title.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

sliami posted:

there was a shiny robot girl in that trailer and all i wanna know is how do i be that. i want to be shiny and chrome projekt red

If you can't get borged the gently caress out in this it'll be a travesty. Need to get my wolvers on.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

WrightOfWay posted:

All capitalism bad, of course (and fitting that that's probably gonna be a theme of this game), but I haven't seen anything to suggest they're shittier than any other big studio. Programmers are treated like garbage and get chewed up and spit out by the industry and I'd be perfectly happy to see that change.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That trailer was easily best in show, game will certainly be incredible. CDPR for all their issues really knows how to make a masterpiece.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

This is gonna be the game of the century

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
This is how you kill the EA/battle royale/loot box. I fuckin hope.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

frajaq posted:

This is gonna be the game of the century

Yeah, gonna blow the 22nd century away when it finally releases.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vandalism posted:

This is how you kill the EA/battle royale/loot box. I fuckin hope.

lol

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Night City is a really odd setting in spots and I hope Cyberpunk 2077 lives up to some of it. Especially poo poo like taking armed taxi rides through the Free Fire Zone or one of the character classes being "I am the lead singer in a punk band"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Shoehead posted:

Night City is a really odd setting in spots and I hope Cyberpunk 2077 lives up to some of it. Especially poo poo like taking armed taxi rides through the Free Fire Zone or one of the character classes being "I am the lead singer in a punk band"

So, a bard?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be based on a new and unreleased edition of the tabletop RPG, so people thinking it's gonna have the full classes of the older editions are going to be disappointed

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/shiftwinter/status/1005929976619823104

Night City appears to be Neo-Tokyo according to the amount of JP text/idioms that appeared in the trailer.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJacobs posted:

Night City appears to be Neo-Tokyo according to the amount of JP text/idioms that appeared in the trailer.

Hell fuckin' yeah shoot that aesthetic into my eyeballs

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

CJacobs posted:

That's just your 80's punk aesthetic. The Japanese were going to conquer the world according to 80s/90s media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq7wnMvLYg4&t=52s

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Lobok posted:

So, a bard?

A CYBER bard!

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

That's just your 80's punk aesthetic. The Japanese were going to conquer the world according to 80s/90s media.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq7wnMvLYg4&t=52s

I'd rather Japan took over than Russia.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

There is no way we won't have another ghraphics-downgrade "controvery" on our hands by the time this goes gold.

Trailer was dope as gently caress, but for some reason it gave me vibes of the GTA 5 reveal trailer. :v:

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Is the protagonist seriously the Generic RPG Template of a white dude with a buzz cut, or did I miss something?

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

This looks so loving good ughhhhhhhhhh

ufarn posted:

Is the protagonist seriously the Generic RPG Template of a white dude with a buzz cut, or did I miss something?

It's gonna have a character creator.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

Hell fuckin' yeah shoot that aesthetic into my eyeballs
extremely :same: everything they've shown from this my aesthetic

ufarn posted:

hello are you me from a few minutes ago?

apparently there'll be a character creator. They've at least said you will "create your own character" so hopefully that means appearance too and not just skill progression

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

my favorite bit is the lady putting on makeup with most her mouth missing. oh and the 3 weirdo guys in the cab look great too

cdpr are masters of videogame cutscene direction and it looks like this game will let them show off more than ever, i cant wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Incredible screenshots, can't wait to play the full trailer when it releases.