Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
c'mon guys lets work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Fell asleep last night so I had to go rewatch the main. Holy Hell that was brutal.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Cart Mountain posted:

im just getting around to watching the card now. im impressed by colby's workrate but i think he has absolutely nothing for tyron

he's got cardio, and woodley doesn't. if he can keep grinding woodley against the cage and doesn't eat any big shots he can prob wear him out enough to win a few rounds

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

i dont think hes big or strong enough to body tyron though.

i just finished. bobby knuckles loving rules

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
There's no way the 5th round was 10-8, especially with the two blatant elbows to the back of Whittaker's head and a whole bunch of clinching against the cage with nothing happening.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 10, 2018

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

Cart Mountain posted:

brittle knuckles loving rules

Agreed

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Dana is extremely mad about Mike Jackson

https://streamable.com/iseok

Tezcatlipoca posted:

There's no way the 5th round was 10-8, especially with the two blatant elbows to the back of Whittaker's head and a whole bunch of clinching against the cage with nothing happening.

Yeah I dunno what the gently caress Joe was talking about 10-8 and 10-7 rounds. He was incredibly annoying last night. His call during RDA/Covington was insane; he also seemed to think Covington/RDA was a blowout instead of tied in going into the fifth. He and Sal D'Amato should hang out

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 10, 2018

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I am watching the second round of the Punk/Jackson fight right now and remember that time that CM Punk said that he was strongest on the ground because of his BJJ background, which consisted of him watching the Gracie University DVDs? lol

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Soothing Vapors posted:

An 0-1 fighter looked bad Im shocked. Did he want punk to die in the cage or something?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

eric posted:

An 0-1 fighter looked bad Im shocked. Did he want punk to die in the cage or something?

mike jackson refused to finish punk when he had plenty of opportunity and clearly the skill to.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

STONE COLD 64 posted:

mike jackson refused to finish punk when he had plenty of opportunity and clearly the skill to.

He probably could have. Sometimes guys get cautious when they have their opponent in trouble. I wouldnt be surprised if he had no idea what to do on the ground either. He was never going to fight in the UFC again anyways.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I'm glad he took his time. He doesn't owe anyone poo poo especially if he wins.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
And even if he did sandbag for the sole reason of punishing CM Punk for a full 15 minutes, who cares?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I am watching the second round of the Punk/Jackson fight right now and remember that time that CM Punk said that he was strongest on the ground because of his BJJ background, which consisted of him watching the Gracie University DVDs? lol

He is a blue belt apparently. lol

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Well the problem I had is that with him sandbagging someone with just a little more ability could have taken advantage. How emabrassing for him and the ufc if he lost due to his wanting to be on tv longer.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Optimist with doubt posted:

Well the problem I had is that with him sandbagging someone with just a little more ability could have taken advantage. How emabrassing for him and the ufc if he lost due to his wanting to be on tv longer.

The UFC would have been happy to see him lose, and it really couldnt have gotten any more embarrassing for them than putting CM Punk on the main card.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

does dj just retire after he puts away cejudo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

And even if he did sandbag for the sole reason of punishing CM Punk for a full 15 minutes, who cares?

well, i suppose if he was a better fighter it could have led to serious consequences. which is probably why mister white isnt happy about it either (i didnt listen ot or read about or watch anything he said) but when it comes down to it the ufc is responsible for making it happen in the first place

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he was just acting like a dick head the whole time when he also looked like garbage

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tezcatlipoca posted:

i agree. it was a real close fight tho

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
He played it really safe but considering he has never won an mma fight, that really isn't surprising

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Rob's hand from his hospital visit last night. Broke it in the first round.

So we've still never seen 100% Whittaker in a fight against Yoel.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

you don't lose points for elbowing the back of the head unless the ref says so. so in fact elbowing the back of the head is, in most cases, good.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Mean Bean Machine posted:

he's got cardio, and woodley doesn't. if he can keep grinding woodley against the cage and doesn't eat any big shots he can prob wear him out enough to win a few rounds

Fighter wins (or ties) last three fights that go 5 full rounds... THAT GUY HAS NO CARDIO!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Did anyone post Dana said Khabib v Conor will be his first defense?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

drat cant believe khabib will be the longest reigning champion of all time

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

He's not wrong - Jackson did look like a complete loving idiot. He probably thought he looked amazing stylin' on his opponent but his opponent was an amateur fighter with no hope in the first place so it just made him look like he couldn't finish someone that in mid fight was trying to finish himself. In a whole fight that was sad at least CM Punk was trying even if it was hopeless for him so Jackson was the saddest part. He's just a lazy dumbass.

Edit: Hopefully neither of them ever fight again it was tough to watch and not in an entertaining way

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 11, 2018

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

vainman posted:

He played it really safe but considering he has never won an mma fight, that really isn't surprising

If he has enough presence of mind to mug for the camera, joke with the ref, and tickle his opponent, he can make a better attempt to put away an opponent who can barely stand up

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Fighter wins (or ties) last three fights that go 5 full rounds... THAT GUY HAS NO CARDIO!

cool. have you ever watched a tyron woodley fight? he manages to go 5 rounds by only attacking in bursts. if he's pressured and forced to engage for all 25 mins, he's bound to get tired a lot faster. r-word

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

cool. have you ever watched a tyron woodley fight? he manages to go 5 rounds by only attacking in bursts. if he's pressured and forced to engage for all 25 mins, he's bound to get tired a lot faster. r-word

If Colby pressures him the way he pressured RDA and Maia, he's going to get lit up, just like he did against RDA and, well, Maia. Except by someone who demonstrably hits a lot harder.

I'm very mad at RDA for forcing us to give a poo poo about Colby's 'fights' for a bit longer.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Mr. Nice! posted:

coolshitthatwillneverhappen.txt

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Demonstrably

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

eric posted:

He probably could have. Sometimes guys get cautious when they have their opponent in trouble. I wouldnt be surprised if he had no idea what to do on the ground either. He was never going to fight in the UFC again anyways.

I've seen a lot of styling and showboating, but until that fight, I had never seen someone not even look at his opponent while GNPing them.

And by "GNPing", I mean doing absolutely nothing that had the potential to end the fight.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

if he can keep grinding woodley against the cage and doesn't eat any big shots

yeah. if.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

chaleski posted:

If he has enough presence of mind to mug for the camera, joke with the ref, and tickle his opponent, he can make a better attempt to put away an opponent who can barely stand up

Amateurs mean mug all the time

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I'm not saying mike Jackson is a good fighter, just that if you put amateurs on ppv they are going to do dumb stuff like that every time

mewse
May 2, 2006

The sad thing is that punk has the heart and attitude and spirit of a true martial artist and then he got in the ring and got clowned by a guy who truly sucks and it upsets our perspective of the universe

e: well not really because we knew punk is bad, but what a waste of 3 rounds

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mr. Nice! posted:

we just had to sit through cm punk, we shouldnt have to watch khabib with a has been boxer

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

does dj just retire after he puts away cejudo

he needs to focus on twitch more if he wants to make the big bucks

318 average viewers is better than most, but he still has a long way to go. Better than former UFC Champion Jens Pulver though, who just finished 94th in this Fortnite match that he's streaming to 12 people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
dana being angry at the abortion between two 0-1 'fighters' that he put on a ppv main card is very funny mike jackson sitting up with zero pressure flailing at punk doing absolutely nothing was one of the very few times i've felt that my performances in the ring compare favourably from a spectator's perspective in both watchability AND skill

• Locked thread