Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

cm punk has done nothing wrong and sometimes you gotta walk away from your past life

Agreed completely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
why can't cm punk just act like all the good mentally ills i know

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
if you're mentally ill, and you still have aberrant behavior, you're just a lazy subhuman who doesn't deserve any sympy. you probably like all the perks being mentally ill gives you.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cutting out everyone who still works for a company that has actively tried to destroy your life also seems like a smart move for your mental health. Graves can say he doesn't represent management and it's just a paycheck but the dude is a public face of a company that has tried to humiliate and financially drain Punk. Cory's whole rant is about how Punk isn't loyal to him but Cory still works for people who have tried to destroy him. That loyalty poo poo cuts both ways.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

GRaves worst trait is his raised eyebrow and little bow whenever he’s announced

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

:gas:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cutting off people due to who they work for is a dick move. Cutting off people because they remain friends with your "enemies" is a petty childish dick move.

But all in all CM Punk is a grown up, and is free to be friends or not friends with whoever teh gently caress he wants to be for whatever bullshit reason he wants to.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And Corey Graves can be mad about it if he wants, but whining about it on Twitter, especially with how he worded it, is not a good look.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

Cutting off people due to who they work for is a dick move. Cutting off people because they remain friends with your "enemies" is a petty childish dick move.

But all in all CM Punk is a grown up, and is free to be friends or not friends with whoever teh gently caress he wants to be for whatever bullshit reason he wants to.

It was a mess of situation all around. I was very aggrieved that Colt was being sued by essentially WWE. ROH announcing contract aside it is very hard to find a more self-made man than him in wrestling and someone who wasn't afraid to spread the knowledge about merchandising and marketing to people like The Youngs, Kevin Steen and many others.

rovert fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jun 11, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Baron Corbin posted:

if you're mentally ill, and you still have aberrant behavior, you're just a lazy subhuman who doesn't deserve any sympy. you probably like all the perks being mentally ill gives you.

I do like them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/JerryJarrett/status/1005946431147036673

https://twitter.com/JerryJarrett/status/1005940152303325187

https://twitter.com/JerryJarrett/status/1005827656556871687

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Yep.

Baron Corbin posted:

Also you realize this isn't what I was saying like, at all, right?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Oh for Pete’s sake we’re talking about mental illness and CM Punk now sir :mad:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
In even more important news I am proud to be part of a gang of people roving twitter to harass wrestling sites if they are not always talking about LA Park.

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1005957807865294849

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

In even more important news I am proud to be part of a gang of people roving twitter to harass wrestling sites if they are not always talking about LA Park.

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/1005957807865294849

I thought you were in the gang harassing Rush to have a mask vs. hair match with LA Park.

NameHurtBrain
Jan 17, 2015
As someone who grew up in a lovely situation, I sort of understand where Punk is coming from. I've cut swathes people out of my life, and there's collateral damage of people who really didn't gently caress me over but it's just a matter of trying to balance your sanity since they might not understand.

Punk isn't personally telling Corey Graves to gently caress off, but Graves is collateral damage. Punk can be a dick about it, but it's sort of an understandable dickholery.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

I thought you were in the gang harassing Rush to have a mask vs. hair match with LA Park.

That feud is already going on thanks to the blimps so now onward and upward.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NameHurtBrain posted:

As someone who grew up in a lovely situation, I sort of understand where Punk is coming from. I've cut swathes people out of my life, and there's collateral damage of people who really didn't gently caress me over but it's just a matter of trying to balance your sanity since they might not understand.

Punk isn't personally telling Corey Graves to gently caress off, but Graves is collateral damage. Punk can be a dick about it, but it's sort of an understandable dickholery.

Yep. I've been in that same position and still am. 100% will always believe in this option. Sometimes you just need to know when to move on from something and someone toxic, and I definitely don't recommend trusting someone who argues with that by saying people can't be toxic

MassRafTer posted:

That feud is already going on thanks to the blimps so now onward and upward.

yaaaaaaaaaassssssss

enjoy the hair while you can, rush :getin:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

WWE sued him by proxy for four million dollars, I think you can take the scare quotes off of enemy.

Also, Graves should already be a social pariah on the basis of his lovely dye job and haircut.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 11, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NameHurtBrain posted:

I agree with all this (trying to find common, non-controversial ground here). I'm not saying Punk set out to personally hurt Graves or Kofi or anyone else, and there are parts of Punk's choices that are 100% understandable and even strong at least in terms of having conviction.

That said, I really feel like Punk is overly quick on the trigger and paints really really broad strokes and always has. There's tons of evidence of this. Punk didn't do anything wrong, but something can be not wrong and still also not necessarily ideal or without shittiness. Basically I'm saying Punk can be justified in his actions and still be a dick. Also SMH at Corey Graves.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Yeah but on the other hand:

gently caress all bootlickers

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I bet you Cabana is still friends with people in the WWE.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Yep, we all deal with poo poo in our way. Maybe it just hits close to home in some way but I understand needing to walk away and starting a new life completely away from a toxic element. And WWE sounds like a very toxic element when there is a weird element involved thanks to the politics of the whole thing

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Yep, we all deal with poo poo in our way. Maybe it just hits close to home in some way but I understand needing to walk away and starting a new life completely away from a toxic element. And WWE sounds like a very toxic element when there is a weird element involved thanks to the politics of the whole thing

No one is saying that Punk isn't allowed to walk away if he feels that's better for his mental health. But you cannot expect to form bonds with a human being and then tell them to gently caress off and then expect that other human being to be perfectly alright with it.

EDIT: And you know what? Punk doesn't appear to give a poo poo that Corey went off at him, and I doubt he does. It's everyone around the situation that are acting like this is a major thing.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Onmi posted:

No one is saying that Punk isn't allowed to walk away if he feels that's better for his mental health. But you cannot expect to form bonds with a human being and then tell them to gently caress off and then expect that other human being to be perfectly alright with it.

EDIT: And you know what? Punk doesn't appear to give a poo poo that Corey went off at him, and I doubt he does. It's everyone around the situation that are acting like this is a major thing.

Punk told Corey two years ago that he wanted nothing to do with him. Corey waited two years for a moment where he could kick Punk when he was down. It wasn't some emotional outburst in the wake of losing a close friend.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/JayWhiteNZ/status/1005993086617509888

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1006098330034851840

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Gedo told Jay to morally support the team after a rough night and this is what they get

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Baron Corbyn posted:

Punk told Corey two years ago that he wanted nothing to do with him. Corey waited two years for a moment where he could kick Punk when he was down. It wasn't some emotional outburst in the wake of losing a close friend.

Or, get this, maybe Corey was triggered/reminded of the loss with some of the poo poo Punk said about WWE and what have you in the wake of the trial. As a matter of fact didn't Corey outright say as much? It seemed perfectly plausible to me. I didn't question it or think he was bullshitting at all.

We're going to bend over backwards to excuse and make justifications for Punk but not do the same thing for the other side on something as human as being upset by the loss of a friend? Come on people.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I think not wanting to talk to anyone in WWE after it came out that there were several people that Punk considered friends in WWE who were making fun of him to the Doctor that was suing him is pretty reasonable.

Who can you even trust after that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love that in Knife Pervert's head, they all call him "Mister Switchblade" :allears:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Hmmm, with Knife Pervert the only belt holder in CHAOS being potentially really fun I've suddenly changed my mind on wanting Juice to beat him. I hope Switchblade retains & gets increasingly obnoxious about it

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I love that in Knife Pervert's head, they all call him "Mister Switchblade" :allears:

It's not enough they call him by his chosen nickname, they have to be formal about it.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/FinnBalor/status/1006037397023453184

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I like that Finn's gimmick is that he'll gently caress everyone.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well you know what they say about the best gimmicks.

Also Graves needs a reality check on the fact that just because he can compartmentalize working for a literal evil empire doesn't mean everyone else can or should have to.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/ostpies/status/1005964321640206336

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baker the Ox, Sega's first attempt at a mascot, wasn't very successful outside of the USA.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

https://twitter.com/itsLioRush/status/1006277984691552257

https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/1006280775359172608

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
I like that they're giving lio rush the cocky heel gimmick. I think he's going to play it well.