Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hey keane i'm not following that meinberg read can you explain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Atomic Soda posted:

hey keane i'm not following that meinberg read can you explain?

I received mod confirmation via on that I am town aligned and Meinberg is trying to vote me.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hmhm excellent point

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pods “catch” was dumb for sure. Still not sure why you would expose yourself like that as scum, AA was likely to go down anyway

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I do think IS has been kind of hedgey on some stuff and I don’t get a good feel from their posts, I would be against voting IS

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hal Incandenza posted:

I do think IS has been kind of hedgey on some stuff and I don’t get a good feel from their posts, I would be against voting IS

Huh

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I think Hal meant "wouldn't"?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Moatillata posted:

I am going to be camping. I'll be back Sunday night.

I got my wife to post this while I was driving in the mountains

She is now simultaneously a poster and a mafia player

No matter what happens this game I'm gonna claim it as w

Slamburger your council aligned stuff is ridiculous. There's not way that AA was scum because I am council and I know I am town aligned

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Same with Mona

I'm not sure if pods gotcha was too dumb to be scum. I'm still on the fence with it esp the way the end of day played out

I think cckeane, pmom, meinberg are all good votes

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also Hal would be a good choice imo

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Gonna toss this down and ask for reads again as before

##vote hal

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
^^ Hmmm

Slamburger posted:

Probably. How do you feel about an IS lynch?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
b- what is your issue with ASoda and IS? Please summarize in a case against each of them, thank you.

I reread IS and my concerns about him from D1 have evaporated with the lack of people dying to ASoda's PGO per her claim (since I thought he was assuming too much about there being a scum redirector). I notice that he posted a solid case on b- yesterday before the whole dustup with AA that should not be ignored: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857599&userid=62202#post484837656 In light of that, I don't really like b-'s push back on him. There are far more egregious non-posters in this game than him.

I also really want Sal to follow up on this:

SalTheBard posted:

Meinberg is the one that jumps out at me. I'm out right now so I will follow up with that tomorrow. I've had a long loving day today.

As I pointed out yesterday, Sal has been doing a lot of drive-by commentary/self-conscious excusing and not a lot of concrete casing, aside from some pushes on Meinberg without a lot of elaboration. I understand that this is partially just Sal's style but I don't want it to slide under the radar.

Aside from those three, I feel good about Slamburger, Keane, ASoda, and Moat atm. Rereading Hal, Meinberg, PMom now.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

b- what is your issue with ASoda and IS? Please summarize in a case against each of them, thank you.

I reread IS and my concerns about him from D1 have evaporated with the lack of people dying to ASoda's PGO per her claim (since I thought he was assuming too much about there being a scum redirector). I notice that he posted a solid case on b- yesterday before the whole dustup with AA that should not be ignored: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857599&userid=62202#post484837656 In light of that, I don't really like b-'s push back on him. There are far more egregious non-posters in this game than him.

I also really want Sal to follow up on this:

As I pointed out yesterday, Sal has been doing a lot of drive-by commentary/self-conscious excusing and not a lot of concrete casing, aside from some pushes on Meinberg without a lot of elaboration. I understand that this is partially just Sal's style but I don't want it to slide under the radar.

Aside from those three, I feel good about Slamburger, Keane, ASoda, and Moat atm. Rereading Hal, Meinberg, PMom now.

It's currently tomorrow, I'm done with my podcast. Chill out. If it was tomorrow and I hadn't posted any follow up about Meinberg then I could see the criticism. Literally I was out watching UFC with friends, I was bored between fights checked the thread and posted my "gun to the head" read. So ya no need to call me out Pod.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

^^ Hmmm

Probably. How do you feel about an IS lynch?

I lean town on IS, so I wouldn't want to lynch him. He's been making reads and it feels like his questions/opinions appear to be from the standpoint of a player trying to figure out the game and not a scummy faker. I feel like the strongest point against him in my eyes is that he hasn't pushed harder against you today given that you've been his strongest scum read, but not much of anything has gone on today. So, its not like he has posting up a storm about other stuff and dropped his suspicion of you.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Moatillata posted:

Slamburger your council aligned stuff is ridiculous. There's not way that AA was scum because I am council and I know I am town aligned

To clarify my AA thing, I'm not saying the whole council is scum, but rather there could be scum players on the council.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hal:
- As previously pointed out, potential connections to both N1 kills
- Something about this post pings me as insincere:

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am a little put off by the "I'm just not good enough enough for this role" because it's not really true, AS is a fine player
- Did a lot of stating "AS must die" in absolutes on D1 but hasn't revisited that on D2+

Hal Incandenza posted:

Do you have a better option? (besides me)

AS has boxed us in. Can't investigate. Scum won't kill. Will flip scum. They either stay around as a distraction or we get it over with.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean maybe if AS was in here dazzling us with reads it might be different but we have heard nothing but the claim and "I'm not good enough to play this role"

Bottom line is the 3 options are:

1 - AS is possibly telling the truth but we won't know until the game is over and it will be a permanent distraction and possibly used against town. Also who would want AS in a LYLO situation?
2 - AS is a jester and leaves the game when dead
3 - Is scum gambitting and we won't know until the game is over

If someone has a great non-AS scum case today, I'm all for looking at that. Otherwise AS is kind of a detriment to town going forward. If I were scum I would want AS around as long as possible after that claim unless I was totally convinced she was a master scum hunter who would break the game open if left alive.

Hal, what changed your mind on ASoda after these two posts? And what is your issue with IS being "hedgey" that could not be applied to other posters?

Pinterest Mom:
- Not a lot of posts but the posts they have show engagement/thinking
- Disagree with their read on Moat as hedgey but I see where it's coming from
- Some good stuff from D1 even as a replacement
- This post made me go hmm:

Pinterest Mom posted:

Notable that Slam's posting has been 100% focused on mechanics and wording, and not on reads on people
But Slam's cased people today and did catch the "naive cop" thing from the OP vs. flip.

PMom, thoughts on Hal and moat today? You've mentioned them previously, would like to hear where that's gone.

Meinberg:
- ugh awful lack of posting, has really only mentioned me, Keane, and AA this entire game
- kind of went back and forth on AA up to his vote in a way that I'm not sure feels genuine:

Meinberg posted:

Hello I’m here now, please do not turbo me.

AA’s babble feels fairly genuine to me, seems like the sort of thing I would do in a similar circumstance. The only part that trips me up is the claim that he didn’t read his role PM in enough detail, but that’s largely a shrug from me.

Nothing much has really jumped out at me, but I probably could use with another look at some things.

Meinberg posted:

Yeah, I’m definitely starting to come around to the other side on my perspective of AA. His claim seems to be the crux of everything he’s saying, but without knowing his sanity he’s willing to call Pod scum despite claiming to check him as town? This is pinging me as off.

Meinberg posted:

Bleh, I’m not going to be around for deadline tonight either.

I really think that AA’s story has been floating a bit too much, so I’m going to put my vote there.

##vote AA

Meinberg, what are your thoughts on anyone besides Keane/me at this point? You're a giant questionmark.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

I wish we could freelynch Meinberg today.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

Meinberg:
- ugh awful lack of posting, has really only mentioned me, Keane, and AA this entire game
- kind of went back and forth on AA up to his vote in a way that I'm not sure feels genuine:

Meinberg, what are your thoughts on anyone besides Keane/me at this point? You're a giant questionmark.

I mean this is kind of my feelings on Meinberg too. I wonder though, is Meinberg too scummy to be scum? I saw this somewhere else so I'm not claiming this is my idea, but wouldn't a scum player want to try to blend in with town instead of being so overtly scummy?

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Podima posted:

Pod, why do you feel good about Keane?

To me, he has done a really good job of keeping his reads extremely narrow. You're his #1 but he's barely pushing it, and he did a weak omgus on Meinberg which was basically a joke.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
WRT to Meinberg I think looking at Fisks posts are important. I understand they are different people but they have the same role so maybe trying to glean some information from him can illuminate Meinberg a bit.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

i thought AS was fakeclaiming, but apparently not lol

Jonathan Fisk posted:

occam's razor leads me to think this claim is false. but then the way b-minus engages with it strikes me as odd as well. maybe it's just because i don't agree with his logic but he pings me

Monathin posted:

Hey heads up this is a bad post.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

it's not a bad post, you're just retarded hth

good play isn't writing 5000 words about how nobody can know anything for sure, man

This is really the substance of Fisks posting (outside of joke phase stuff). I was in a Masonry with Fisk last game and this is the exact same things he did that last game where he would dismiss posts with little to no explanation. My biggest issue is the flip flop on AS.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Slamburger posted:

To me, he has done a really good job of keeping his reads extremely narrow. You're his #1 but he's barely pushing it, and he did a weak omgus on Meinberg which was basically a joke.

You're excluding his stuff D1 re: AS and Monathin. He HAS been on vacation IRL (much like I was) so I'm not hammering at his low participation right now when he's not the worst offender. This exchange also felt genuine to me (as I feel like scum would have backed off at the PR claim instead of pushing it further re: flavor justification):

Monathin posted:

I have a power role of a currently indeterminable amount of usefulness.

CCKeane posted:

Do you have a reason for why you weren't murdered with the rest of the town?

Monathin posted:

Yes. I was tending to my vineyard.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Flavor question here is notably weak.

CCKeane posted:

Mona's speed of response is not.

(Full disclosure: I had an earlier showerthought that his immediate "do you have a reason for why you weren't murdered" indicated a softclaim of some kind by knowing that power roles had that in their PM, but I saw the following bit while gathering the above quotes so forget that.)

CCKeane posted:

Mine is very similar to the sample PM listed as well.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

WRT to Meinberg I think looking at Fisks posts are important. I understand they are different people but they have the same role so maybe trying to glean some information from him can illuminate Meinberg a bit.
---
This is really the substance of Fisks posting (outside of joke phase stuff). I was in a Masonry with Fisk last game and this is the exact same things he did that last game where he would dismiss posts with little to no explanation. My biggest issue is the flip flop on AS.

Closing the loop here, are you saying that this is scummy behavior from Fisk/Meinberg (via comparison to previous game where he was scum) or what? The point-out is fine but I'm missing what your conclusion based on it is.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Podima posted:

Closing the loop here, are you saying that this is scummy behavior from Fisk/Meinberg (via comparison to previous game where he was scum) or what? The point-out is fine but I'm missing what your conclusion based on it is.

It's scummy for Fisk, however like I said they are two different people.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

Hal:
- As previously pointed out, potential connections to both N1 kills
- Something about this post pings me as insincere:

- Did a lot of stating "AS must die" in absolutes on D1 but hasn't revisited that on D2+

Hal, what changed your mind on ASoda after these two posts? And what is your issue with IS being "hedgey" that could not be applied to other posters?

Nothing changed my mine and if I had posted once more earlier my next post would be that AS was still a fine choice since I'm still not sold on all these alternate alignments being pro town. She hasn't really come in blazing looking for scum either, she's been fairly happy to stay under the radar after the heat died down D1.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Slamburger posted:

Yeah obviously. My bad!

IS stuck out to me on my catching up earlier today although I don't feel it quite as hard looking back. I think the whole "pod was probably the kill" is weird, although perhaps thats just a breadcrumb and IS has reasons for thinking that. That plus the quick latching on to Slam's point about Pod not having reasoning and kind of just pressing that point and little else just feels like making content for content's sake

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Keane has seemed like a good town bro most of the game to me, and before his vacation he was giving good content. So I don't think calling him out for:

Slamburger posted:

which I don't even know why "narrow" is that bad. Keane usually goes hard at people he is suspicious of (in his own way)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

PMom and Meinberg I can't even get a read on, there is so little of substance (or even non-substance)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Pmom has requested a replacement. :(

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

Pmom has requested a replacement. :(

We can save you the trouble Ecco ##vote PMom

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Pod how do you feel about AAs flip?

Slamburger posted:

To clarify my AA thing, I'm not saying the whole council is scum, but rather there could be scum players on the council.

The theory that scum has a naive cop is long shot imo and an unproductive train of thought

I think pmom is scum and replacing out

##unvote
##vote Pinterest mom

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
What if All scum have replaced out lmao

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Hal Incandenza posted:

Nothing changed my mine and if I had posted once more earlier my next post would be that AS was still a fine choice since I'm still not sold on all these alternate alignments being pro town. She hasn't really come in blazing looking for scum either, she's been fairly happy to stay under the radar after the heat died down D1.

i have been somewhere over the radar i feel

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah obviously. My bad!

IS stuck out to me on my catching up earlier today although I don't feel it quite as hard looking back. I think the whole "pod was probably the kill" is weird, although perhaps thats just a breadcrumb and IS has reasons for thinking that. That plus the quick latching on to Slam's point about Pod not having reasoning and kind of just pressing that point and little else just feels like making content for content's sake

why do you think that the whole pod being the kill is weird? seems like the most likely scenario after yesterday, unless you think scum caught the naive thing earlier.

happily vote pmom

Moatillata posted:

Pod how do you feel about AAs flip?

ditto

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
also in one (1) week i am flying to lovely canada. not gunna replace out but there is definitely no chance i will be able to post for at least a 24 hour period.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Atomic Soda posted:

also in one (1) week i am flying to lovely canada. not gunna replace out but there is definitely no chance i will be able to post for at least a 24 hour period.

Spring for the in flight Wi-Fi, you're worth it

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I did it for shine 2 and that game went great for town

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Still wanna kill pod or IS.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Podima has posted a bunch of words this game. But the majority of his posts occur near the end of the day, when he hijacks discussion and takes advantage of an apathetic/idiotic town to control the narrative. This has happened two days in a row now, but I am putting a stop to it today. Pod led the lynch to vote TM on d1. Then he pushed for AA lynch. This was partially my fault because I was too busy loving around to actually read AA's posts. And when I finally did, it was too late, podima (and IMO, Illegally Sober) had already done enough damage.

Take a look at his post history.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857599&userid=157116&perpage=40&pagenumber=2

There's a lot of content, but very few scumreads, and basically no votes.You would think that someone who has this much to say about the game would be eager to put actual pressure on another player by voting for them and trying to move this dying game forward.

Vote podima with me. It's time for him to answer for AA.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IllegallySober posted:

Happy to see we have a Monday deadline so we have some time to figure this out. I'll be gone for a good chunk of Saturday but should be around otherwise.

My assumption following the flip is that Pod was the kill target and either we have a protective role that covered Pod, or we have a jailer or similar that made a good guess.

I suppose there could be an alternating-night kill mechanic or something but that doesn't seem likely at this point, nor does it seem reasonable for scum to have withheld the kill.

How is your first thought that podima was the kill target, instead of podima is scum?

Man everything about this post pings me so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

b-minus1 posted:

How is your first thought that podima was the kill target, instead of podima is scum?

Man everything about this post pings me so hard.

Because we'd just flipped the loving cop who'd investigated him? And at the time we did not yet have Ecco's contradicting info about him being naive?

I'm honestly fine with going unofficial Thunderdome and making the vote today either you or me. You've been this constant drumbeat of "kill IS" with basically nothing to back it up, and I went to the effort to case you and got "lol" in return and basically no other feedback from anyone, so at this point I'm totally cool with you either getting dunked, or me leaving this game.

Slamburger posted:

I lean town on IS, so I wouldn't want to lynch him. He's been making reads and it feels like his questions/opinions appear to be from the standpoint of a player trying to figure out the game and not a scummy faker. I feel like the strongest point against him in my eyes is that he hasn't pushed harder against you today given that you've been his strongest scum read, but not much of anything has gone on today. So, its not like he has posting up a storm about other stuff and dropped his suspicion of you.

I was really trying not to come across as tunneling in B- but in the absence of feeeback I don't really care anymore.

##vote B-minus

• Locked thread