Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Can we get a separate devolver digital thread? It might even get upwards of 10, 20 posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I wish I knew how to get rid of chat on PS4's twitch app it is the opening greentext of The Matrix but misogyny.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

No Mods No Masters posted:

Can we get a separate devolver digital thread? It might even get upwards of 10, 20 posts

It has 60 pages at the moment you should join it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Devolver is loving amazing

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goddamn I love devolver lady she's so amazing

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i cant tell whats real anymore

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Sinteres posted:

Holy poo poo.

Edit: lol trolled, they didn't even say which province it was

Nerds have figured it out already based on the little land shown in the trailer.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
well im buying that

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

WHAT ALTERNATE TIMELINE DID I STEP INTO!?! :psyboom:

DEVOLVER IS NOW MY FAVORITE GAME STUDIO

HOW DID I MISS THIS LAST YEAR

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Here comes the madne-IS THAT A DREAMCAST?!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
METAL WOLF CHAOS MOTHERFUCKERS

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
I love motion tracker corpse removal guy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
LETS PARTYYYYYY!! :peanut:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

How is it even possible to cut such a weak trailer for metal wolf chaos, the most trailer-ready game of all time

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
...and this is why they told us to watch Robocop

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

To Be Continued

Next Year

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
HUH... :magical:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Grouchio posted:

WHAT ALTERNATE TIMELINE DID I STEP INTO!?! :psyboom:

DEVOLVER IS NOW MY FAVORITE GAME STUDIO

HOW DID I MISS THIS LAST YEAR

Devolver is the greatest thing E3 has ever showcased.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Metal Wolf Chaos has updated controls and some gameplay tweaks. It'll still be straight outta the 2004 bargain bin but it might not control quite so badly

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Shinjobi posted:

Devolver is the greatest thing E3 has ever showcased.

I dunno, it's kinda missing something without the 24-hour games-free livestream of insanity.

Also I just caught up on Microsoft's livestream and it seems like their new cunning strategy is "if WE show the multi-platform titles first, people will think they're exclusives! :pseudo:".

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

al-azad posted:

I wish I knew how to get rid of chat on PS4's twitch app it is the opening greentext of The Matrix but misogyny.

Stick to the left and tap x

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Barudak posted:

Metal Wolf Chaos has updated controls and some gameplay tweaks. It'll still be straight outta the 2004 bargain bin but it might not control quite so badly

It's not a very long game anyway

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RatHat posted:

It's not a very long game anyway

They added a new save system so it'll be even shorter because what made it take longer was dying was rough. That said it's still worth it to buy and while its aged hard the destructive effects and gimmick being to blow everything up was super cool, the dialog's still great, and unlocking explosive footballs of death to destroy a laser base in Alcatraz remains good for the length of the title.

Unless they charge 60 bucks in which case lmao.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still think that Cyberpunk reveal at Microsoft was fantastic, what a neat way to show off a trailer.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

I still think that Cyberpunk reveal at Microsoft was fantastic, what a neat way to show off a trailer.

I need gameplay after all this time

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm kinda disappointed about the Prey DLC. I wanted more story, not some rogue-like mode.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

If it had been exclusive in any capacity it would have.

Instead they're going up against Sony who will assuredly end their conference with an actual exclusive. I'm hedging The Last of Us 2 but they could surprise again.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Can someone please link me to last years Devolver thread? I’d love to see the reactions when people had no idea what was coming.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

I need gameplay after all this time

I'm guessing it's a third person shooter type thing similar to Witcher

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/NudeEskimo/status/1006010206646689793

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Barudak posted:

If it had been exclusive in any capacity it would have.

Instead they're going up against Sony who will assuredly end their conference with an actual exclusive. I'm hedging The Last of Us 2 but they could surprise again.

They're betting on looking impressive by showing the multiplatform titles before Sony can, but they're just not taking into account that Sony's going to roll over them, again, with a handful of actual good exclusives that will drag the multi-platform game purchases away from Xbox anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Taintrunner posted:

I'm guessing it's a third person shooter type thing similar to Witcher

Maybe fps? Will it have pausing time like other shooter rpgs? Idk

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I'm glad I'm not the only one making this terrible joke

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They're betting on looking impressive by showing the multiplatform titles before Sony can, but they're just not taking into account that Sony's going to roll over them, again, with a handful of actual good exclusives that will drag the multi-platform game purchases away from Xbox anyway.

It also takes time to, you know, develop first party games something that Microsoft hasn't really been doing since like 2008 so they had to also squeeze a section in of "we're fixing this, promise" so they're doing what they can but laaaaaffo they're like 4 years behind still.

I still laugh that the same guy was allowed to gently caress up the PS3 completely then go over and gently caress up the Bone completely.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

We Happy Few is still coming out on PS4

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's so weird to me that a lot of consumers want exclusives instead of just being happy that everyone can play something.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Sinteres posted:

It's so weird to me that a lot of consumers want exclusives instead of just being happy that everyone can play something.

Console Warriors are the worst.
If you like games, you don't care what platform you can play it on.
You just want to play it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sinteres posted:

A lot of them are kids who only own one console so they develop a sort of console loyalty.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k6GC5NtuAg

DMC5 THEME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Want exclusives is funny, because obviously a consumer wants all the games always, but when the choice is between two systems that get all the games you're going to buy the one with exclusives. Then once you're locked in you hope they keep making your purchase look good and convincing your friends to do the same

• Locked thread