Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

Holy gently caress it is literally everything that Devil May Cry is in music video form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

That's only Nero's battle music like the time has come and so have i

Dante' s will probably be wild

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fly with me posted:

Console Warriors are the worst.
If you like games, you don't care what platform you can play it on.
You just want to play it.

I want to play all of the games on the best console, the personal computer

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Bethesda conference was awesome because you could see the exact line in the audience between the clapping superfans up front and the stone faced people in the back.

Plus all the other garbage.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

It also takes time to, you know, develop first party games something that Microsoft hasn't really been doing since like 2008 so they had to also squeeze a section in of "we're fixing this, promise" so they're doing what they can but laaaaaffo they're like 4 years behind still.

I still laugh that the same guy was allowed to gently caress up the PS3 completely then go over and gently caress up the Bone completely.

Every studio they bought just shipped a game. (4 out of five of them on xbox exclusively already to giant apathy and bullshit engagement stats)

3 of the five are still supporting their game long term and wont start anything right away.

it will be 2021-2022 before any of these (except the forza factory) ship a game

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Barudak posted:

Holy gently caress it is literally everything that Devil May Cry is in music video form

wheres the pizza

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Every studio they bought just shipped a game. (4 out of five of them on xbox exclusively already to giant apathy and bullshit engagement stats)

3 of the five are still supporting their game long term and wont start anything right away.

Thats why they're still 4 years behind. It's fine to scoop up game studios with records, but if you've got portfolio gaps you need to be doing more.

Like not buying IO interactive is loving bizarre.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Thats why they're still 4 years behind. It's fine to scoop up game studios with records, but if you've got portfolio gaps you need to be doing more.

Like not buying IO interactive is loving bizarre.

I was agreeing with you mea culpa

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Poniard posted:

wheres the pizza

What do you think the shoot was catered with?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Insofar as exclusives encourage some actual competition and can result in good games I think they're good. Professional console warrior here, ♪ lock me up and throw away the key ♪

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

That's not counting any of those studios getting "rebranded", losing all their talent, or being dismantled outright because of internal mismanagement (eg; Scalebound).

No Mods No Masters posted:

Insofar as exclusives encourage some actual competition and can result in good games I think they're good. Professional console warrior here, ♪ lock me up and throw away the key ♪

The simple hard truth is that exclusives dictate which console will actually sell to general consumers. If they both have good exclusives, both will sell in decent quantities. The XBOne does not, so the PS4 just walks away with most multi-platform title purchases as well as exclusives.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 11, 2018

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I just broke noise ordinance screaming to Devolver's conference. I think I've gone insane.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I was agreeing with you mea culpa

Oh haha. We're on the same page; Microsoft is making half of the correct steps to fix the problem but chose the one that results in even more dead time on this console life-span.

If anything I take this E3 as a "we've fully and completely given up on the Bone"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im interested in what the crystal dynamics studio guy makes with a budget like they are gonna give him but "the initiative" is a lovely studio name

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Im interested in what the crystal dynamics studio guy makes with a budget like they are gonna give him but "the initiative" is a lovely studio name

Based on the name when they announced it I was assuming it was a multi-studio thing where that guy would nurture like, three different projects in MS to try and build different studios but then it wasn't so welp who gives a poo poo till I can see some product.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I own a 1s and want cool games i can only play on it that were made for it but all im seeing are another gears i'll snooze through and a bunch of next gen hail marys i wont play unless they let me stream them to my outdated console.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

I own a 1s and want cool games i can only play on it that were made for it but all im seeing are another gears i'll snooze through and a bunch of next gen hail marys i wont play unless they let me stream them to my outdated console.

Oh my god I can't believe I didn't realize that's what the streaming is actually for. This conference is straight up "we are laying the groundwork for the Bone 2, enjoy "

I'm surprised there isn't another Killer Instinct rumored to be spinning up. The game as far as I'm aware did ok and its a true Microsoft IP.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Oh my god I can't believe I didn't realize that's what the streaming is actually for. This conference is straight up "we are laying the groundwork for the Bone 2, enjoy "

I'm surprised there isn't another Killer Instinct rumored to be spinning up. The game as far as I'm aware did ok and its a true Microsoft IP.

The streaming is absolutely just so they can sell a top of the line expensive console in small volume every other year for people that demand zero latency while not losing legacy owners from their service and bringing in mobile/pc on top.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Maaaan, I'm actually excited for Fallout 76 but only because it can be offline if you want.

They said there was a story and missions but there's no way it's structured the same as previous games.
There's still so many unanswered questions but I'm super hype for these good, gross monsters.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

The streaming is absolutely just so they can sell a top of the line expensive console in small volume every other year for people that demand zero latency while not losing legacy owners from their service and bringing in mobile/pc on top.

Absolutely. It's going to be them touting that every game they release is now forwards compatible. Buy Gears 6? Your original Bone can play it as long as you're online.

Are there drivers for Bonetrollers to connect to iPhones through blutooth?

Inzombiac posted:

Maaaan, I'm actually excited for Fallout 76 but only because it can be offline if you want.

They said there was a story and missions but there's no way it's structured the same as previous games.
There's still so many unanswered questions but I'm super hype for these good, gross monsters.

That demo didn't show VATS once so that should probably indicate basically everything about the game to you.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hell fuckin' yes

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/AboveUp/status/1005985003489189888?s=19

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pretty sure that's this game getting a US port

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-aBRcsKOuA

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fist of the North Star get into my PS4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

Absolutely. It's going to be them touting that every game they release is now forwards compatible. Buy Gears 6? Your original Bone can play it as long as you're online.

Are there drivers for Bonetrollers to connect to iPhones through blutooth?

That demo didn't show VATS once so that should probably indicate basically everything about the game to you.

Holy poo poo amazing catch on no vats

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Inzombiac posted:

Can it? I thought they said it was online, but you could play it solo if you want.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Finally, a Bethesda game you can’t mod. I for one applaud them

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The "no server list" thing seems like it can backfire if you keep getting matched into a server where someone is harassing you.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

katkillad2 posted:

Can it? I thought they said it was online, but you could play it solo if you want.

You can play it solo in the same way you can play any of these open world survival games solo, presumably.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Holy poo poo amazing catch on no vats

You'll also note there was no reference to SPECIAL, and it being a multiplayer, squad based, material grind game I don't think thats coming along for the ride either.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I thought there was a typical poster that said SPECIAL stuff in the vault

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

You can play it solo in the same way you can play any of these open world survival games solo, presumably.

Yeah. If you think any care has been put into making it single-player friendly rather than "well, technically you can play it single player" you're deluding yourself based on the info we have at hand.

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

Are you trying to tell me I can't trust Todd Howard?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Barudak posted:

You'll also note there was no reference to SPECIAL, and it being a multiplayer, squad based, material grind game I don't think thats coming along for the ride either.

There were SPECIAL posters in the vault, at least.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm sure the game will play like VATS is active within the first few weeks of launch

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

There were SPECIAL posters in the vault, at least.

I meant out of Todd's mouth or in any of the gameplay things that popped up. The "revenge" and such that popped up also didn't show XP, it just showed some special currency which I assume is what meta-progression is tied to.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

No Mods No Masters posted:

I thought there was a typical poster that said SPECIAL stuff in the vault
It seemed like job classes to me, though

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

muscles like this! posted:

The "no server list" thing seems like it can backfire if you keep getting matched into a server where someone is harassing you.

But... they also said Dedicated Servers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Policenaut posted:

But... they also said Dedicated Servers!

They also called a mobile game "free" then said you could pre-order it.

• Locked thread