Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Groovelord Neato posted:

give obsidian the license you hack frauds.

i am less worried about it now. i feel like its gonna be more of division type online rather then MMO poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

It's going to suck hard, there won't be hardly any narrative and that's what I want from a Fallout game

Like, gently caress, these are supposed to be Role Playing Games, where you play a role and shape the story and all that jazz, and they've just are moving further and further away from that into just shooty mans action game.

Like it might be a great Division game or whatever, but that's loving not at all what I want from my Fallout games.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

my man.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's Bethesda narrative, so you won't be missing much.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jimbot posted:

It's Bethesda narrative, so you won't be missing much.

Groovelord Neato posted:

give obsidian the license you hack frauds.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

WampaLord posted:

It's going to suck hard, there won't be hardly any narrative and that's what I want from a Fallout game

Like, gently caress, these are supposed to be Role Playing Games, where you play a role and shape the story and all that jazz, and they've just are moving further and further away from that into just shooty mans action game.

Like it might be a great Division game or whatever, but that's loving not at all what I want from my Fallout games.

i dont disagree. the way they are making it sound is that there is still some of that. the servers have maybe a dozen or so people on or some poo poo.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i dont disagree. the way they are making it sound is that there is still some of that. the servers have maybe a dozen or so people on or some poo poo.

Yea, but my point is that the "some of that" is going to be very bad because they're going to put all the focus on balancing multiplayer and making that part work (and monetizing the gently caress out of it, BTW), and the narrative is going to end up being an afterthought.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Yea, but my point is that the "some of that" is going to be very bad because they're going to put all the focus on balancing multiplayer and making that part work (and monetizing the gently caress out of it, BTW), and the narrative is going to end up being an afterthought.

who knows. i'll give it a shot. i need a game to play with friends.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1006010065533337601

christ, this dude has issues. how the gently caress does he make a couple thousand dollars per video? this isn't deep art critiques. its loving whinging.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 11, 2018

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

christ, this dude has issues. how the gently caress does he make a couple thousand dollars per video.

Someone should show him Starcraft 1 and blow his mind when he hears "nuclear launch detected"

He's not nearly as insane in his videos as he is on Twitter. His video on The Big Bang Theory is actually pretty brilliant.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

like i feel bad for her but idk. its not my type of game i guess.

Personally, I enjoyed Before the Storm a lot more than the original. Mainly because you're playing as the character who is going through poo poo rather than the dopey girl who bailed on her best friend and got time-manipulation powers out of nowhere. Chloe is the best character.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

WampaLord posted:

Someone should show him Starcraft 1 and blow his mind when he hears "nuclear launch detected"

He's not nearly as insane in his videos as he is on Twitter. His video on The Big Bang Theory is actually pretty brilliant.

yeah its sexist and lovely and really surface level to nerd culture.. it doesn't take a genius to figure it out. it pisses me off that he makes money and other good critics dont. probably because he is white dude or some poo poo. some of his videos make good points. but gently caress its mostly "this trope in movies is bad and harmful" or " i jerk off to steven universe". its just copy paste stuff from his Femfreq days.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 11, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TheMaestroso posted:

Personally, I enjoyed Before the Storm a lot more than the original. Mainly because you're playing as the character who is going through poo poo rather than the dopey girl who bailed on her best friend and got time-manipulation powers out of nowhere. Chloe is the best character.

i have to actualy try them all at somepoint but i havent finished the witcher 3 and since i graduated last month i dont have an excuse anymore.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Midnight's Edge re-uploaded their explanation of why Solo bombed: Turns out it was Marxism. Not often I see a reviewer go into so much detail and then blame it on the Soviet Menace.

Maybe he's posting from the Fallout timeline.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Comstar posted:

Midnight's Edge re-uploaded their explanation of why Solo bombed: Turns out it was Marxism. Not often I see a reviewer go into so much detail and then blame it on the Soviet Menace.

Maybe he's posting from the Fallout timeline.

well it sounds like our president wants to bomb Canada so maybe we are. I actually enjoyed solo. its not amazing. but its fun and enjoyable movie. my guess is everyone including myself thought it would be complete dog poo poo plus people sick of them star wars.

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1006015678292246528

lol. just really. like i can understand doom because its gory as gently caress but holy poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 11, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I genuinely believe John is an alt-right troll

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Alaois posted:

he reminds me of a guy i knew who was just the worlds biggest sourpuss about absolutely everything, and when he was called on it he said he doesn't view himself as negative, just "in a dialectical relationship with the world"
You knew Phil Greaves?
https://twitter.com/philgreaves01/status/942709261347500032

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Nah he wasn't really that kind of political, he would mostly just never really acknowledge anything's positives while endlessly harping on any and all negatives.

as you can imagine he was a very fun person to have intrude on a conversation

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

he isn't. he worked for feminist frequency(hell he produced and wrote a ton of stuff) then he hosed off after the doom poo poo(i think he ran their twitter too.) and he got replaced by cool people like carolyn(the lady from gamespot)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Alaois posted:

Nah he wasn't really that kind of political, he would mostly just never really acknowledge anything's positives while endlessly harping on any and all negatives.

as you can imagine he was a very fun person to have intrude on a conversation
Oh yeah I hate those kind of people who are just miserable for the sake of it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he isn't. he worked for feminist frequency(hell he produced and wrote a ton of stuff) then he hosed off after the doom poo poo(i think he ran their twitter too.) and he got replaced by cool people like carolyn(the lady from gamespot)

he's a very invested alt-right troll.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

Then... don't play it?

I mean, my guy, they already put out a mobile game that isn't an rpg either. Fallout is a brand that can be multiple types of games. Elder Scrolls is a phone game, a card game, an mmo, and an single player rpg too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh yeah I hate those kind of people who are just miserable for the sake of it.

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1006017877336440832

yeah but now he will whip himself to show what a martyr he is. "i said stupid loving poo poo online because of how enlightened i am, and when people mock/laugh at me for being a dumb gently caress, i will be right"

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jun 11, 2018

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

OmanyteJackson posted:

Then... don't play it?

I mean, my guy, they already put out a mobile game that isn't an rpg either. Fallout is a brand that can be multiple types of games. Elder Scrolls is a phone game, a card game, an mmo, and an single player rpg too.

as i said, i need a game with friends. so i might go for it. though i may get assassins creed peloponnesian wars first.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well it sounds like our president wants to bomb Canada so maybe we are. I actually enjoyed solo. its not amazing. but its fun and enjoyable movie. my guess is everyone including myself thought it would be complete dog poo poo plus people sick of them star wars.

lol. just really. like i can understand doom because its gory as gently caress but holy poo poo.

I can't believe Todd Howard unveiled his nuclear arsenal AND put Skyrim on my iPhone tonight.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Screw that, Todd made Skyrim into a choose your own adventure voice command game.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

I can't believe Todd Howard unveiled his nuclear arsenal AND put Skyrim on my iPhone tonight.

he is making MGS 5 part three.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1006010065533337601

christ, this dude has issues. how the gently caress does he make a couple thousand dollars per video? this isn't deep art critiques. its loving whinging.
I think his perspective is very telling because in the presentation the nuke gameplay element was framed very much in the sense of "I've put a gun on the table. Who will pick it up and will they fire it?"

That's a very interesting and human question. Of course people will drop the nukes because it's a videogame and there's no consequences except maybe getting a nuke dropped on you later in some kind of mutually-assured destruction pact, but I don't really see how that could illustrate empathetic lessons about the retributive nature of the cycle of violence not just between nuclear-backed powers within the world, but between those who could later achieve the ability to escalate historical grievances to nuclear retribution.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

I think his perspective is very telling because in the presentation the nuke gameplay element was framed very much in the sense of "I've put a gun on the table. Who will pick it up and will they fire it?"

That's a very interesting and human question. Of course people will drop the nukes because it's a videogame and there's no consequences except maybe getting a nuke dropped on you later in some kind of mutually-assured destruction pact, but I don't really see how that could illustrate empathetic lessons about the retributive nature of the cycle of violence not just between nuclear-backed powers within the world, but between those who could later achieve the ability to escalate historical grievances to nuclear retribution.

see what your doing is actually interesting critiques that could be expounded and turned into an interesting discussion.

the problem what could be a interesting tweet thread ends immediately when he follows that up with this moralizing bullshit. "you might be monsters, BUT REAL PEOPLE know its filth".

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 11, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
real people, aka pearl-clutching moms.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also the Devolver Digital E3 show was a far more biting, insightful, and humorous indictment of the gaming industry and culture than anything that blithering jackass has tweeted in the past 8 hours. Not to mention briefer as well. Just FYI.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

real people, aka pearl-clutching moms.

yeah, he sounds like my mom when i was in junior high. its kinda sad.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Also the Devolver Digital E3 show was a far more biting, insightful, and humorous indictment of the gaming industry and culture than anything that blithering jackass has tweeted in the past 8 hours. Just FYI.

yeah, gonna watch.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Tired Moritz posted:

I've thought the same thing (not seriously, mind you), but it's really how he comes across sometime. Like, Jon doesn't even seem like a real person; It's like he's some caricature made flesh, and everything he says is calculated to be the most annoying proselytizing hand-wringing thing possible, as some sort of psyop to push people towards the right.

Granted, when I write that out, it sounds silly, but still...

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1006017877336440832

yeah but now he will whip himself to show what a martyr he is. "i said stupid loving poo poo online because of how enlightened i am, and when people mock/laugh at me for being a dumb gently caress, i will be right"
https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/811840580674125824

"Clearly all of the people I blocked were at fault, and not me" :jerkbag:

Ghostlight posted:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he is making MGS 5 part three.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8kIQ_neK6M

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Max Wilco posted:

Reminder that several of those were literally just queer women who went "what are you talking about you turd? We like Tracer being a lesbian let us have this."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

I've thought the same thing (not seriously, mind you), but it's really how he comes across sometime. Like, Jon doesn't even seem like a real person; It's like he's some caricature made flesh, and everything he says is calculated to be the most annoying proselytizing hand-wringing thing possible, as some sort of psyop to push people towards the right.

Granted, when I write that out, it sounds silly, but still...

thats what i hate. i hate the martyr complex poo poo that he has. that and he retweets anything anyone ever says positive about him.

Linear Zoetrope posted:

Reminder that several of those were literally just queer women who went "what are you talking about you turd? We like Tracer being a lesbian let us have this."

"no she is conventionally attractive, i gelded myself so i wouldn't feel any kind of arousal because its problematic, so you can't either."

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1006031561945313281

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1006033262874001408

what a douche.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

He is the Colin Moriarty for liberals.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

What would be really nice is if more games explicitly recommended a specific difficulty setting for proper game feel. It's irritating having to guess around at that.

John Murdoch posted:

It was a conversation worth having, IMO. There's ways to do flavor without calling people who want to play on easy little poopy babies.
The one that was worst about this was the Ninja Gaiden games that actually had people in game mock you for playing on easy.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jimbot posted:

He is the Colin Moriarty for liberals.

more like the jack thompson of woke liberals.

https://twitter.com/radicalbytes/status/1006038913910169600

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Terrible Opinions posted:

The one that was worst about this was the Ninja Gaiden games that actually had people in game mock you for playing on easy.
I'm not so sure...

I think that in NInja Gaiden, the game only mocked you if you intentionally started on the Easy difficulty. The game will let you drop down the difficulty after you die so many times, and I don't think you get any patronizing notes from Ayane if you do that. However, I don't know if that's the case (I was playing Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and it's been a long time since I've played it.)