Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

who cares about that guy

anyway

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Taintrunner posted:

If you try to play "cop" the game crashes and deletes itself from your computer

:yeah:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

GTA is loving awesome, so looking like a skinned over version of it (whatever that means beyond 'it's an open world game in a city' doesn't seem like a bad thing to me as long as the story and gameplay are actually good.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Imagine the cyberpunk world in a GTAV environment, with good vehicle/player control and RPG mechanics. Sounds loving sick to me.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

JBP posted:

Imagine the cyberpunk world in a GTAV environment, with good vehicle/player control and RPG mechanics. Sounds loving sick to me.
I know it's a meme but, stop I can only get so hard.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The game already has "Edgerunners". I don't think it has to rip off the exact visual style, too. I get that lots of good videogames just take a movie and remember it for us wholesale but it's good to know CDPR has some of their own design flair to show us.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

televisions tuned to a dead channel looks different in 2018, grandpa

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God I want to play it so badly please.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

frajaq posted:

who cares about that guy

anyway

I was looking through the source book and i hope you can give up humanity to get chrome skin and tech hair in this game too.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Awwww yeeeeees

CDPR continuing to be my favorite dev.

CJ posted:

I was looking through the source book and i hope you can give up humanity to get chrome skin and tech hair in this game too.

You give up humanity in Cyberpunk for anything that makes you physically or mentally less human. Similar to giving up Essence in Shadowrun for anything that is cybernetic because of the whole Soul VS Machine thing.

I MAY have lost humanity in a Cybergeneration (cyberpunk sequel) because I killed a genetically modified monster as a 13 year old child then ate it's heart like Daenerys Targaryen with that horse heart; THEN went on a minor rampage where I made an FBI agent crash his own car by pulling the pin on a tear gas grenade while in in the back seat.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 11, 2018

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

Pretty sure I was squealing like a lil girl when the first trailer music started playing. Honestly, it's the only game I have any hype for.. CD Projekt has yet to disappoint me.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

please still be able to play a cop in this :pray:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm glad this game is taking forever so i have time to go through witcher 3

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Be still my throbbing dick.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
So excited for this. Hope its not in 2020.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

frajaq posted:

I too really want them to maintain the Psycho Squad gameplay they promised with this.

They were really cool from the table top; elite teams made to take down crazy over the top cyborgs and other big threats. Secretly their ranks included actual Cyber Psychos they'd captured and partially re-programmed, because by that point they were more machine then man.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

It seems like it might have a sense of humor? I loving hope so! I mean, stewardesses and a flaming flatline? Heavily armed mooks in a cab?

I love it. Plus his car kinda looks like the V8 interceptor.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

I too really want them to maintain the Psycho Squad gameplay they promised with this.

They were really cool from the table top; elite teams made to take down crazy over the top cyborgs and other big threats. Secretly their ranks included actual Cyber Psychos they'd captured and partially re-programmed, because by that point they were more machine then man.

Hmm, reminds me of a group of super powered individuals from another franchise.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hope we get to do some hilariously retro netrunning in this game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

frajaq posted:

gently caress I want you to be able to do this stuff in side stories or just big open "sign up to do X and Y" type content (I guess a la Elder scrolls things like dark brotherhood etc). Let me be a corporate CDPR and make it extremely funny.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Pussy Cartel posted:

Hope we get to do some hilariously retro netrunning in this game.

Sadly, the fact that it's on consoles too means they can't actually have you type "cd HAX".

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

7c Nickel posted:

Sadly, the fact that it's on consoles too means they can't actually have you type "cd HAX".

Not so quietly hoping that CD Projekt Red includes mouse/keyboard support for the console versions and it's an alternate/bonus minigame if you have them enabled.

it won't happen but I still have like five years left to pretend it might.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

7c Nickel posted:

I was thinking more like what System Shock did. Neon polygons and wireframes for days.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

In the trailer that one guy's head burst into flames from being hacked.

I better be able to hack someone's head on fire OR ELSE.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Jack Trades posted:

In the trailer that one guy's head burst into flames from being hacked.

I better be able to hack someone's head on fire OR ELSE.

Wireless brain hacks or no deal.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

The potential of this game is huge, I wanna wander a city of well written cyber hijinks, sounds good.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I really really hope that you can fully customize every part of your character. Replacing limbs, improving stats through upgrading yourself physically through technology. At least one character class has to be able to do some extensive modifications like that, I hope.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Well, he's not wrong.

But going just on visuals one might have gotten the impression that W3 was a generic hack-n-slasher, when it was anything but.

It's gonna be good.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I'd love a bleak, and I mean loving miserable game set in Gibson's Sprawl. Where the game is definitely going to end with your character dead, and the only question is who is going to gut you first: the Yakuza? Megacorp thugs? Your lover?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Gridlocked posted:

As someone who doesn't know about the table top, I guess this explains the original trailer from years ago.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Gibson isn't coming after this game specifically. He has a bone to pick with how cyberpunk is portrayed in general. He fawns over Blade Runner in interviews, so he likes 'em real dirty and drab. C2077s bright palette and neon mohawks probably triggered him. Deus Ex would be more his thing.

Regardless, I'm totally up for GTA Blood Dragon.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If they go with you being psycho squad there's all sort of witchering, I mean investigating to be had.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Well if this is how the game looks during the day.

Then wait until we see some of it at night. It's going to look loving sick.

And call me optimistic but I'm sure there's going to be aspects of the game world that will appeal to the dark and drab tech noir aesthetic that many cyberpunk fans enjoy.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Seems weird to introduce us to a place called “Night City” mainly in the day. Still looks fantastic though.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

:hellyeah:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Donnerberg posted:

Gibson isn't coming after this game specifically. He has a bone to pick with how cyberpunk is portrayed in general. He fawns over Blade Runner in interviews, so he likes 'em real dirty and drab. C2077s bright palette and neon mohawks probably triggered him. Deus Ex would be more his thing.

It only makes sense to deviate from whatever material you draw inspiration from. Literal Blade Runner isn't bad but I'm glad cdred is doing whatever take they find fitting.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Donnerberg posted:

Yeah, Gibson's more into grey skies, trenchcoats, and mirrored sunglasses.

I prefer my cyberpunk with a side of Tank Girl. 18" day-glo pink mohawks, skimpy clothes for everyone, and the kind of neighborhood where going to the corner store needs a shotgun just to keep the neighbors from stealing your kidneys.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Seems weird to introduce us to a place called “Night City” mainly in the day. Still looks fantastic though.

I appreciate the irony.

JBP posted:

If they go with you being psycho squad there's all sort of witchering, I mean investigating to be had.

I don't know if you'll be able to go psycho, but I do remember reading that one of your allies is a psycho (and the fun THAT will be to deal with).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Here's a cool video I found via rope kid twitter where a guy compares/connects stuff in the trailer to the original sourcebook material. Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIavK76ZeNU&t=787s