Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Atomic Soda posted:

ha too early yet

be honest now

did you type lol, then backspace it and type 'ha' instead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for Lando131.

Votecount for Day 3
With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 10th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 13 minutes.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Lando VT ate the lunch.

Night 3.

Bif is a lurker.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Beet dies. VT.

Day 4, deadline 12/06/2018 11:59 EST.

Bif's still a lurker.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): Atomic Soda, Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, flerp, MMM Whatchya Say, Monathin, Yami Fenrir

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 12th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Why do you take away everything dear to me bif

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Deadline moved back by 15 minutes at the request of a player.

If anyone objects PM me.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Please move it back one additional minute

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Imagine being so loving evil you'd kill beet

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
Been trying to update my reads. Work's been eating into my mafia time so I don't have nearly as much time to re-read stuff, so I'll have to trickle this out.

Managed to re-read MMM and AS so far and I don't like that weird "lol omg" slapfight they have. I think one or both sides of argument are fake, but I can't quite tell which one. Something about it just seems off to me.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It’s the person who tried to laugh off a legit point with lol and omg, and then got weirdly upset with me as quoting those parts specifically when quoting their posts as if it was a constructed narrative

I don’t think Atomic Soda has hither to ever used lol or omg except to laugh along nervously to the idea of the vote swinging onto her

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
to me it’s strange if Soda is using anything but acronyms

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Bif I’ll save you one of your posts by telling everybody
dont put any goddamn votes down

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

To be clear it’s not really about actually saying lol as opposed to like, haha or whatever. It’s about flippant and trying to laugh it off.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Acknowledging I’ve been completely loving wrong about everything so far this game, my strongest scumread is on Monathin atm

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
drat what if it rly is birb

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

flerp posted:

drat what if it rly is birb

that would be messed up, but I doubt it

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

Acknowledging I’ve been completely loving wrong about everything so far this game, my strongest scumread is on Monathin atm

Elaborate on this one

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Elaborate on this one

A few things

- Light on content compared to everyone alive. Scum generally are quieter because their reads aren’t genuine; not always but it’s a factor.

- Only vote on Day 1 was a joke vote right at the start. Day 2 spent some time thinking about Anidav and eventually voting Anidav after previously ruling out an Anidav / MMM scumteam.

Monathin posted:

Yeah, I really don't see that team at all tbh.

Like, fine if he had a town read on you, but I think if he was town there would have been a reason why Anidav was scummy and you weren’t?

The vote on Anidav was towards deadline, it and the Day 1 vote read like scum not wanting to commit to their reads.

Monathin posted:

I'm not inclined to think Lando is scum right now. A lot of their scummier actions are circumstantial, imo. Like I mentioned yesterday they seem to be putting in genuine effort into their casework so, even if they're scum, I'd be less inclined to vote them because this game has had so many people coasting by.

Like flerp. I'm not going to vote yet because it's pretty early in the day but, yeah, you raise a good point about flerp not having made any reads at all so far.

Hey, flerp, buddy, who scum?

Similarly with the soft-casing if flerp, it’s saying “flerp you suss” without ever committing to a vote.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
My take on flerp remains that because he didn’t do too much on d1 / some of d2, and he voted to kill Sal, he was a name you could throw out like “flerp, that dude scummy we should think about him” without doing any real work, just a lazy lazy case

he could be scum yeah, though if he was I think a scumbro would have bussed him harder.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
like if he’s sitting there all scummy, why wouldn’t you as a scumbro try and get that sweet town cred for being the first to put a vote on him

whereas in this game nobody has really gone to that much effort on him

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Yami Yugi went and hard-voted flerp, as well as Soda, MMM at various points in time.

I haven’t played with them before, I could see them as scum because their vote has continued to jump around a bit (like they’re not committed to their reads)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
left field angle: Soda was paying attention to the Sal softclaim and didn’t want to be on the vote because she was image conscious as scum voting a town power role

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

left field angle: Soda was paying attention to the Sal softclaim and didn’t want to be on the vote because she was image conscious as scum voting a town power role

I like this line of thought because its something i considered before:

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I like Atomic Soda's style of posting, it's a sort of a steady burn

The unvote close to the deadline is something to think about though. I don't think most people would have picked up on that as a soft claim, but perhaps it reads differently if you're scum? Something I'm mulling over right now.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yami Malik is quite obviously town btw

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I like this line of thought because its something i considered before:

It’s not my strongest feel by any means but we have to weigh up everyone as potential scum today

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

It’s not my strongest feel by any means but we have to weigh up everyone as potential scum today

Ok sure but there's no need to convince me, a man talking about lols and omg and why atomic is scum for it

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

What is your strongest read bird?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Probably Monathin still.

I thought bringing up AS yesterday didn’t make sense but having read from the start today I’m finding her response style a lot more grating

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

It’s the person who tried to laugh off a legit point with lol and omg, and then got weirdly upset with me as quoting those parts specifically when quoting their posts as if it was a constructed narrative

I don’t think Atomic Soda has hither to ever used lol or omg except to laugh along nervously to the idea of the vote swinging onto her

frustrated, not nervous.

lol is for shared laughter, derision an despair. ha is for telling a bro you saw what you did there eh. to answer your earlier question.

is there anything specific you'd like to ask me about it?

Birdstrike posted:

this is a reasonable read but it is wrong. if i was that concerned why did i bang on about it day two, including after you said nah. if it were the case i'd still be better off not drawing attention to myself.

Birdstrike posted:

to me it’s strange if Soda is using anything but acronyms

sorry i blame the aps tbh plus cpsu fwiw

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Atomic Soda posted:

is there anything specific you'd like to ask me about it?

Yes, who are your scum b uddies?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also please quite making it out like its the shorthand i have a problem with and not the idea expressed

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I want to take over votefinder again so every votefinder post has a giant neon sign that says something like "You can't put forward hypotheticals about yourself" or "you cannot act as expert on your own behavior"

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

actually still not over this because its really bad

i told you a specific day that i wouldn't post, the idea that's some loving master villain plan where i make a great idea to lurk for exactly one real life day by not posting at all and then presumably posting again after is beyond goofy poo poo

what would even be the point? at what point have you picked up "this guy doesn't want to post a lot" vibes from me?

about here is when I first got a townread on MMM. I thought the exasperation about saying you had something irl on and getting poked by beet about it (as he does) was genuine

I guess scum can get mad for real reasons too so maybe I’m an idiot

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I wouldn’t vote bif today but if we mislynch and the game continues tomorrow I would consider this as a weird one-person scum game, even though Gaspy already ran that one with Bif as the scum, and that game was bad some real shoddy modding in that one

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Birdstrike posted:

I wouldn’t vote bif today but if we mislynch and the game continues tomorrow I would consider this as a weird one-person scum game, even though Gaspy already ran that one with Bif as the scum, and that game was bad some real shoddy modding in that one

"I decided to make Bifauxnen immortal" - Gaspy, 2016

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i did not look at that post, think "as scum, my feelings are hurt" and make a post to that effect.

here is the post in question

Beetphyxious posted:

If I was scum I would have already won.

This is like amateur hour

this post is a read on town, not scum. i call it out, and yours, cause i don't think either are helpful in terms of encouraging town to play. i am not calling it out because i am scum who thinks that beet is saying he would do a better job than me.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Atomic Soda posted:

this is a reasonable read but it is wrong. if i was that concerned why did i bang on about it day two, including after you said nah. if it were the case i'd still be better off not drawing attention to myself.

sorry i blame the aps tbh plus cpsu fwiw

It would have been better but who can tell why people do things in the moment? Just a though to consider.

imo cpsu should bbq actu then send iww an fyi

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Birdstrike posted:

It would have been better but who can tell why people do things in the moment? Just a though to consider.

imo cpsu should bbq actu then send iww an fyi

nah we gunna foi the apsc re actu then its asap to the fwc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
ABCC more like ACAB

• Locked thread