Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can I get a gamer hell yeah over here for persistent vegetative states

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I like Bethesda sometimes :)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

literally doubled over in exhaustion from the galaxy brainpower it took to type "bethe$da" in the e3 thread

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

I like Bethesda sometimes :)
I haven't liked much of what they've done but they published Evil Within 1 and 2 and I liked those games so they get major credit for that in my book.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Have you considered that judging people and things as bad makes me feel awesome? Has anyone considered that? It rules.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Only judge people in moderation IMO. Go to town on video games and other things though.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Only judge people in moderation IMO. Go to town on video games and other things though.

Well I think this opinion ... is bad!!!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

codenameFANGIO posted:

Oh yeah well the Tunnel Snakes don't rule at all.

What now, huh?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

codenameFANGIO posted:

congratulations, you've learned all that I can teach you, you're now a big brained master of negativity :hai:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Oh yeah well the Tunnel Snakes don't rule at all.

What now, huh?

this post is extremely hosed up and I don’t really like it actually :(

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

codenameFANGIO posted:

this post is extremely hosed up and I don’t really like it actually :(
I-I'm sorry... :smith:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

but they're just not taking into account that Sony's going to roll over them, again, with a handful of actual good exclusives that will drag the multi-platform game purchases away from Xbox anyway.
I thought Sony announced they were primarily doing deep dives on Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man and Last of Us Part II? There are gonna be other announcements, but I suspect the main points of attention have already been announced.

Granted, finding out what in the hell Death Stranding even is is a pretty big deal.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Gonna be fun when someone just hacks '76 Online and the whole map is covered in nukes or some such poo poo.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

The Kins posted:

Granted, finding out what in the hell Death Stranding even is is a pretty big deal.

The rumours about it being an intra-dimensional time-travel game or w/e seem legit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Kins posted:

I thought Sony announced they were primarily doing deep dives on Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man and Last of Us Part II? There are gonna be other announcements, but I suspect the main points of attention have already been announced.

You're missing the point. Think of this way;

I am going to buy a console. Do I buy the one that has just the multi-platform titles that Xbox showcased, or do I buy the one with those titles and Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man and Last of Us Part II?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I am going to buy a console. Do I buy the one that has just the multi-platform titles that Xbox showcased, or do I buy the one with those titles and Death Stranding, Ghost of Tsushima, Spider-Man and Last of Us Part II?
You split the difference and buy the one that has Zelda and Splatoon on it, of course. :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You buy whichever one you want and nobody else cares

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

exquisite tea posted:

Being profoundly negative about everything is no more intelligent than just reserving judgment and moving on with your life.

I guess Andromeda was exceptionally rank?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Rinkles posted:

I guess Andromeda was exceptionally rank?

History has vindicated me.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

The Kins posted:

You split the difference and buy the one that has Zelda and Splatoon on it, of course. :v:

So a PC with emulators?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Can't remember if it was posted here but while we are on the e3 train: For Canadian folks, Soul Calibur 6 is currently 30 dollars cheaper than normal at 50.00 even on amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/Namco-Bandai-Soul-Calibur-PS4/dp/B077YDJYRY

So get it while that lasts. Seems normal pricing on the american amazon site.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Turns out that the reason that the rest of the continent was so badly hosed up for 200 years is because of survivors from West Virginia were griefing each other 25 years after the initial bombs fell.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

limaCAT posted:

So a PC with emulators?

That costs more than a console? Okay.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the cyberpunk trailer was bad because I thought we would play the cringy dudebro at the end, but now I hear you can make your own character?

get rid of the dumb dudebro!!! otherwise it was megarad imo

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

seeing bitter tears of fallout grogs is worth it after every Bethesda presentation IMO

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is No Mutants Allowed still a thing?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

nerd hate lives on forever

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Fallout 4 is a better game than Fallout 2.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Deak

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

best reveals were Shadows Die Twice and DMCV since both had grapple arm combat. demons, cute sidekicks, and great music

worst reveal was doom eternal because I'm not playing it RIGHT NOW

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

DLC Inc posted:

best reveals were Shadows Die Twice and DMCV since both had grapple arm combat. demons, cute sidekicks, and great music

worst reveal was doom eternal because I'm not playing it RIGHT NOW

You forgot arm surfing

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

frajaq posted:

nerd hate lives on forever

:hai:

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
let go of the past and hate again

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'm just glad I never grew up with Fallout 1/2 because it seems like it made people into massive jerks whose only sustenance is telling other people that they're not allowed to enjoy things

Sakurazuka posted:

Is No Mutants Allowed still a thing?

they all moved to the Fallout thread here I think

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Your Computer posted:

I'm just glad I never grew up with Fallout 1/2 because it seems like it made people into massive jerks whose only sustenance is telling other people that they're not allowed to enjoy things

:rolleyes:

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!
All these Bethesda shooters look the same to me.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I'll give Bethesda some credit in that with '76 they finally seem to be breaking out of the Fallout mold with the monster designs.

I always thought it was pretty lame that we were on the East coast but hey, the Brotherhood (at least there's story reasons?), super mutants...ect. are here too!

Fallout 4 was even worse, it really felt like someone just went through concept art for Fallout 1 and said "ooh, I guess if we include all these things its a fallout game" and then forgot to make an interesting story or a world that made sense within the setting.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I think Fallout 3&4 are way, way worse games than New Vegas but I can also recognize the people who like those entries are coming to Fallout for different stuff than I am. The Fallout thread here is super insular and doesn't seem to realize the public at large doesn't give a gently caress about NV, if they even know it exists, and that multiplayer basebuilding is a huge draw for the general audience of people who enjoyed Fo4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Your Computer posted:

This always confused me because I grew up on those games yet I like the new Fallouts.

I just accepted they are different games with different focus

• Locked thread