Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you only get one favorite pick carefuly. if you name more than one or try to cheat with categories i will write your name on a piece of paper and set it on fire dont gently caress with me. i think this will help people discover and remember cool things about wrestlers we like. mma fighters are eligible too. and then make a tribute post about them gifs vids you want other people to see funy stories basically dedicate a post to profiling your favorite wrestler

my favorite wrestler is toru yano

look at his success

toru yano is less a pro wrestler and more of a force of nature. he is what he is and there is zero need for him to change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC1pr-CrXM4

he is a business man who wants to sell his dvd

he wants to show you his amateur prowess.

....by cheating whenever he can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGU4LCPU4_g&t=171s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZWdWjSiU9Y&t=263s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwR0aeQNrl4&t=34s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3vk8PjJYnY&t=30s

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jun 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All time? Taker. Full time active? Ambrose.

I'll make a big old effortpost with videos and poo poo in the next few days if people would like to see it. :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My all time favorite? I'm tempted to say Ric Flair but it's gotta be Stone Cold Steve Austin. I've never seen anything before or after him that compares to just how incredibly over he was, even beyond the insanity that was Hulkamania in the 80s. Yeah there were better wrestlers, better brawlers, better technicians, and arguably better promos both before, during and after his run, but he had some magic intangible "it" that made it impossible for me to take my eyes off of him and just puts him on a different level to everybody else.

Maybe it's helped by the fact his run on top was so short by comparison to others, but goddamn he packed a lot into that timeframe.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Tommy Dreamer.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Randy Savage. That guy was "pro wrestling" unlike anyone else.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Rob Conway

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

My favourite wrestler is Minoru Suzuki. I never really watched WWF during the attitude era, as I was firmly a WCW kid when I was able to rent the videos, and then moved on to early TNA and CZW/ROH/CHIKARA in the mid 2000s. I got into Japan through Dragon Gate, but nothing really caught my attention until I saw MiSu vs Tanahashi at King of Pro Wrestling, and later Suzuki vs Yuji Nagata at WK7 (because who doesn't like two old men beating the hell out of each other). MiSu is one of the only guys that I will make sure to watch everything he does in any promotion I can find, and even when he's wrestling people like Mecha Mummy I can suspend my disbelief because he's such a great character. Plus he's a great influence on Zack Sabre Jr., who I also enjoy.

Look at this handsome motherfucker :love:

P.S He's also got time for the ladies.
https://streamable.com/tvd2

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chris Jericho has been my one of my favorites since like 1996, and 22 years later is my hands-down favorite. That he continues to be a great performer after all that time is amazing to me.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Rob Van Dam is the guy who got me back into pro wrestling in the 90s right before the peak of the Monday Night Wars, and he will always hold a special place for me, even though I did eventually drop back out of things before his rise (and fall) in WWE. Although Akira Hokuto and Manami Toyota are the ones that put me on the viewing path I would later go, RVD put my proverbial butt in the seat in the first place.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ask me this 10 years ago and I probably say it's Bryan Danielson. Ask me 11 years ago & I probably say Chris Benoit but while I still completely enjoy watching him it's still not hard for all that to hang over him, he was a horrible dude even by wrestling's standards. Ask me when I started watching wrestling & it's The Ultimate Warrior.

But you've asked me now rather than in the past. So I guess I have to say it's Daniel Bryan. He's obviously really quite good in ring, but he's also still got that powerful underdog vibe, he's been a terrific heel in the past, he's able to do comedy and the dude is over unlike anyone in years. How much I enjoy him was just summed up by the fact that the rumours of his return was able to get me hyped for the WWE at a time where I am just totally burned out on it. He's really good and just likeable.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Modern: Daniel Bryan

All-time: Stone Cold Steve Austin

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
its the big dog

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hiromu Takahashi. He's still learning and keeps getting better but the guy is magical. He reminds me a lot of Daniel Bryan in the ring, super fast with a really stiff style that is magical to watch even if it will kill him someday. He also has a really fun gimmick and has a lot of style. His matches with Dragon Lee are always great because those 2 try to kill each other everytime they get in a ring together. Just look at this great boy.

https://twitter.com/njpw1972/status/1005044071096729601?s=20

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Another Person posted:

its the big dog

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Stone Cold Steve Austin

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
A really obscure japanese guy you've never heard of but I could show you some tapes

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
All time, it's Eddie Guerrero. He was such a great all around performer and once he turned heel in WCW, he seemed to have permanently shifted gears into greatness.

Active, it's Daniel Bryan. I've been following his career a long time and he's been incredible pretty much the entire time.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Ahora? Pasé lo qué pasé. Al final, no pasa nada. Es el toro blanco, tú pinche pendejo.

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 11, 2018

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Jake the Snake, like come on no contest.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
uh yes hi hello is this where I vote for Mike Mondo

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bryan Danielson by far. He was my favorite since I bought the first round robin dvd in 2002 from an fye when I was still buying whatever wrestling dvds I could as a young teenager with a part time job delivering Pepperidge farm cookies with my grandpa and working at Panera bread, and I’d never seen wrestling like what he did. Watching him turn into the best wrestler in the world in 2006 and seeing his career progress and watching him overcome WWEs prejudices and pettiness to steal the show twice at WM30. His retirement speech was incredible and although I’m not a huge fan of how they’re treating him currently he’s still my favorite ever. HBK second and Flair third

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Used to be Steve Austin but these past couple of years it's become independent wrestling star, Kenny Omega.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

A really obscure japanese guy you've never heard of but I could show you some tapes

show us we want t;o see

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Ahora? Pasé lo qué pasé. Al final, no pasa nada. Es el toro blanco, tú pinche pendejo.

This one is mine also

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Probably Artie Lange

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Chris Jericho. I will make an effort post after I remember that I posted in this thread

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

All time? HBK. Active? Omega.

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Cesaro. Incredible in ring performer and he's the only one in wrestling whose big "feats of strength" spots actually impress me. I don't particularly care for Sheamus and I wish they would break up and Cesaro would get a legit push finally.

All time my favorite growing up was Owen Hart. After he died my favorite was Chris Benoit. I have stopped calling people my favorite since then.

Fentry fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 11, 2018

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Stone Cold got me hooked
X-Pac took over for a bit
Then it was Foley after his first book came out
Then it was RVD after I saw his match with Lynn on that first ECW compilation DVD
Fell outta wrestling for a bit, CM mutha fuckin Punks ROH run brought me back
That lead to the discovery of Samoa Joe, he was neck and neck with Punk for a while

After that I think I grew out of having one particular favourite, but Daniel Bryan’s big run up to WM 30 was pretty god damned special.

All time though... it’s probably Shawn Michaels. He’s a dude I can watch at pretty much any point in his career and loving love it. I’ll never forget his comeback match against Trips. Or his feud with Jericho. Or his Mania matches against Taker. Of course there’s the retirement match against Flair. And the time he FINALLY turned on Hulk after teasing it for weeks. I love the way he just stared at Hogan’s dead old man body after hitting that Sweet Chin Music.
gently caress yeah.

Also I’m going to add in one more category: my favourite “before my time” wrestler. That’s gotta be Macho. Literally no wrestler has gotten as many YouTube views out of me than he has. The way he transcends wrestling to a point that non-fans still recognize him, the voice, the name and the look. People still mark for a good “Ohhhhh Yeah!” Randy Savage loving WAS Pro Wrestling.

Sometimes it’s easy to forget these days, but Wrestling is loving awesome :allears:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

All Time:

Currently Active:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Even if his in-ring career was incredibly unstable after 1991, Mr. Perfect would have to be my all-time favorite. Awesome in the ring, awesome on the mic, had a great look and gave us one of the best face-turns in wrestling history.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
bam bam bigelow

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Lovin' Nick Lovin.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I change my answer, this guy is my new favorite wrestler.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

sami zayn is the best wrestler in wwe and one of the best in the world and his chase of the nxt title was the first wrestling story that gave me real emotions

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shinya Hashimoto. He was this giant, Elvis impersonating honey glazed ham who was a martial artist and also was the ace of New Japan in the 90's and he fuckin' owned. Theres a G1 match from back in the day between him and Tenryu where they just smack and kick the poo poo out of each other and it's legitimately the greatest match I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/845082632992014336

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Always and forever be my main man.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Shawn Michaels. I'll intellectually concede that Flair was probably better all-around at his peak, that Okada has clearly surpassed him in-ring, that Daniel Bryan is a phenomenon, and I love all of those dudes and more, but Shawn is a legit top 10 or 20 of all time dude, and he was my favourite when I was 10 and watched him beat Bret at WM12. Hell, he's about 60% of the reason Juice Robinson is pretty high on my list of active dudes I enjoy. (Actual top of that list is probably Ishii or Suzuki)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Can we at least all agree that our favorite goon wrestler is Johnny Blast

He's good

• Locked thread