Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Julio Cruz posted:

This event does nothing for me because I live in a heavy water biome, but hey 3x dust is cool I guess.

Not only a chance for a giant purple ball whale, but also a giant purple murder whale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Excited at the prospect of my very own shiny ice vagina.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Ah gently caress. Hope everybody remembers how much fun it is to get 1-shot and/or trapped in the Dodge bug hell every time that whale sonofabitch uses a charged attack.

gently caress blizzard Kyogre forever.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Ballz posted:

Excited at the prospect of my very own shiny ice vagina.

Please leave your mother alone.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Vegastar posted:

Ah gently caress. Hope everybody remembers how much fun it is to get 1-shot and/or trapped in the Dodge bug hell every time that whale sonofabitch uses a charged attack.

gently caress blizzard Kyogre forever.

Not to mention Kyogre is the hardest legendary to catch in the game.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

even shiny potential cannot force me to ever care about ever trying to catch another fuckin kyogre, ever

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
iirc didn't they fix Kyogre so that it's slightly closer and not like the maximum distance possible away from us?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Willsun posted:

iirc didn't they fix Kyogre so that it's slightly closer and not like the maximum distance possible away from us?

yeah but even after that it was still just the fuckin worst

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Since when can remoraid be a ditto? Just caught one and wasn't paying attention, went to transfer it and saw the background was purple. Closed the menu and... ditto

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

X13Fen posted:

Since when can remoraid be a ditto? Just caught one and wasn't paying attention, went to transfer it and saw the background was purple. Closed the menu and... ditto

Seems like a new addition to coincide with this event, probably to quell the complaints of chained events making it difficult to catch Ditto as the trash pokemon are mostly gone during them.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

yeah but even after that it was still just the fuckin worst

I'm only just now remembering how much Kyogre likes to swim to our right and stay there forever. Also the absurd distance makes it easier for Kyogre to attack again after an attack because our balls have like twice the hangtime to get there.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Seems like a new addition to coincide with this event, probably to quell the complaints of chained events making it difficult to catch Ditto as the trash pokemon are mostly gone during them.

yeah, they seem to have added chances for ditto to spawn as some of the event-boosted pokemon recently (I know it happened with the last one and maybe even the one before that)

it's a good change

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Shellder now in raids. I assume Lapras is back too?

I need shiny Lapras.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Lapras also spawns regularly. I caught one but used 4 golden razzes and ultra balls before I caught it.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

even shiny potential cannot force me to ever care about ever trying to catch another fuckin kyogre, ever

It's only made worse that the shiny form looks dumb as hell

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Add on to that hardly anyone's weather is going to be rainy during June to give it a CP boost bonus. Water ain't in that high of a demand where we have Vaporeon and loads more water types already in general.

Like Ho-Oh was somewhat worth it even if you weren't trying to collect a shiny because a lot of people are gonna have sunny/clear weather right now as summer's starting and you can get these strong, instant 2700cp things with Solar Beam.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Today I learned that the Go+/Go-tcha only use regular Poke Balls. I actually thought the game would use the lowest-rank ball you have in your bag. Guess not!

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

DizzyBum posted:

Today I learned that the Go+/Go-tcha only use regular Poke Balls. I actually thought the game would use the lowest-rank ball you have in your bag. Guess not!

It's a bummer so unless you're traveling 35mph or less its best just to set the game to recognize pokestops.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Bunk Rogers posted:

It's a bummer so unless you're traveling 35mph or less its best just to set the game to recognize pokestops.

I usually wait 'til I have about 50-100 regular Pokeballs to set autocatch on. I also make a habit of using Great balls for everything.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I usually wait 'til I have about 50-100 regular Pokeballs to set autocatch on. I also make a habit of using Great balls for everything.

Yeah I just started doing this today. Just waiting to refill my ball stash now.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

The only thing I love about Kyogre raids right now.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Tbh I throw out great balls now and use ultra balls for manual catching. Why use something with a 1.5 multiplier when ultras have a 2.0? Getting rid of great balls clears bag space for ultras so I constantly have over 100.

In other news, kinda disappointed they didn't introduce clampearl during this event

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Willsun posted:

The only thing I love about Kyogre raids right now.

Hope that doesn't have blizzard!

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Psychobabble! posted:

Tbh I throw out great balls now and use ultra balls for manual catching. Why use something with a 1.5 multiplier when ultras have a 2.0? Getting rid of great balls clears bag space for ultras so I constantly have over 100.

In other news, kinda disappointed they didn't introduce clampearl during this event

That makes sense. I usually have a surplus of both, but I started using the greats back when ultras were harder to collect.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

When the dragon egg tree first came out, and right before he disappeared, we were doing a ho raid, and I threw in my giant tree dragon as a first Pokemon just so everyone could see the size difference. Of course if that guy has blizzard, is probably a quick one shot and a ring of people screaming nooo.

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
I would assume people would see the auto select and notice everything suggested is probably resistant or neutral to ice. Although since a raid I was in today failed the first time due to reject auto select Pokemon joining after the first teams fainted, like Snorlax and....exploud....who knows.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
My 12 year daughter caught her first shiny today, a little orange Shellder. She was so happy she almost jumped out of her skin and that’s why this game is still so friggin fun to play

Also my 6 year old son refuses to call it a Magikarp and therefore it will always be known to me as “Sideways Floppin Fish”

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

seiferguy posted:

If it's Blizzard, the game wouldn't auto-select Exeggutor for us. I don't think that many people would change the game's recommendations just to do a gimmick. I mean, I would, but I don't think most people are even brave enough to set their own party to prioritize damage first even if it's a defensive type mismatch.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Took forever getting that curveball down, but I finally got in on a Tentacruel on Friday, and got me a Mew.
Not the best, but gently caress it, I'm happy.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I somehow managed to load up Ingress without killing the Go process, and the Go-tcha stayed connected. It's pretty great when you can walk around doing Ingress stuff while Go keeps collecting items for you.

GPTribefan posted:

My 12 year daughter caught her first shiny today, a little orange Shellder. She was so happy she almost jumped out of her skin and that’s why this game is still so friggin fun to play

Also my 6 year old son refuses to call it a Magikarp and therefore it will always be known to me as “Sideways Floppin Fish”

I saw a kid and his older brother walking around during the last community day, and the little kid flipped out when he got a shiny. :3:

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

They all look like they're afraid of Fat Torpedo.

I had just evolved my first Gyarados, right before I found out that it was a step in the Mew quest. The 4x candy event, and now the water event has gotten me almost back up to 400 again. I thought it would take forever!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
They've really been throwing a bone for those lacking magikarp candy.

Also, got my orange shell dude today. He's ugly and I love it.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
This event seems a little less awesome than adventure week. Maybe because water isn't that far away? I liked catching the gen 3 fossils and aerodactyl is my favourite. There doesn't seem to be a "chase" raid for this event.

DaStampede
Feb 8, 2018

Beachcomber posted:

This event seems a little less awesome than adventure week. Maybe because water isn't that far away? I liked catching the gen 3 fossils and aerodactyl is my favourite. There doesn't seem to be a "chase" raid for this event.

Living in a land-locked state, I caught a couple new ones I had never seen before.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Beachcomber posted:

Yeah that's been my experience too. Like my usual jog is on a beach. More squirtles and totadiles though

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I saw my second Wingull ever :pusheen:

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

The Zombie Guy posted:

They all look like they're afraid of Fat Torpedo.

Someone farted

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
A level 3 raid that gave a shiny potential would have been good. That's what made the last one cool.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
This Saturday looks to be interesting. My coworker has to work, and his ex won't take the kid out anywhere to get Larvitar, so I'll be taking his phone and playing for him. Then my niece won't be back in time to play, where she is currently there's absolutely nothing spawning, so I have to get another phone to play for her. Thankfully my mom said I can use her cell phone, and in the midst of all this I've got to play with my own account on my own phone. I might look like one of those Goobers with one account per team. Yay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

This Saturday looks to be interesting. My coworker has to work, and his ex won't take the kid out anywhere to get Larvitar, so I'll be taking his phone and playing for him. Then my niece won't be back in time to play, where she is currently there's absolutely nothing spawning, so I have to get another phone to play for her. Thankfully my mom said I can use her cell phone, and in the midst of all this I've got to play with my own account on my own phone. I might look like one of those Goobers with one account per team. Yay.

There are people that “solo” raids with a dozen devices strapped into trapper keepers around here. You’re not even close to goober status.

• Locked thread