Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

esperterra posted:

So from the trailer I'm assuming Nero has a robo arm because Vergil is back somehow and took his actual arm so he could have his sword back, yes?

I haven't replayed 4 in forever so I can't remember if Nero still has his arm at the end of it or not lmao

Yeah, it looks like it.

Virgil took Nero's arm.
Amy Winehouse gave Nero new arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Brother Entropy posted:

near the end of the trailer you see what i'm assuming is part of the prologue or a flashback where a hooded man rips off vergil's arm from nero in a lovely garage

the hooded man is presumably the bad guy and presumably vergil

Yeah, that's what I was going off of. I'm super curious what Vergil is going to look like in this game. More his DMC1 appearance, more his DMC3 appearance or some dope-rear end monstrosity made from both.

Jack Trades posted:

Yeah, it looks like it.

Virgil took Nero's arm.
Amy Winehouse gave Nero new arm.

Excellent, now I shall call her Winofu ty.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Brother Entropy posted:

near the end of the trailer you see what i'm assuming is part of the prologue or a flashback where a hooded man rips off vergil's arm from nero in a lovely garage

Hooded figure is in Vergils stance and is literally wearing the same gd arm bracers and whatnot. Like it's just Vergils normal outfit with a lovely cloak on it 1:1

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Methinks it's time to replay the series. Been a while and I need some sick stylish action all up in my grill while I wait for Bayo3 to appear and force me to buy a Switch.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

esperterra posted:

So from the trailer I'm assuming Nero has a robo arm because Vergil is back somehow and took his actual arm so he could have his sword back, yes?

I haven't replayed 4 in forever so I can't remember if Nero still has his arm at the end of it or not lmao

I think the guy who took Nero's arm is probably the big bugman we saw in the trailer

Vergil probably breaks his way out of hell because nobody touches his precious baby boy like that

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
comedy option: it was Gene who was looking for the Devil Hand and was very very mistaken

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Well yeah check out the jacket on that third character

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Brother Entropy posted:

Yup.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Games where you play as a dad are popular so we get to play as Vergil

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm going to play this game a lot.
Too much even.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is the HD collection on Steam a fine port? I know the cutscenes aren't scaled up.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mr E posted:

Is the HD collection on Steam a fine port? I know the cutscenes aren't scaled up.

it has all of the weird graphical inaccuracies that the old ps3 hd version had and maybe a couple more for dmc1, but all i've heard indicates the games run fine

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I play it regularly and have no problems or qualms.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Good to know. As much fun as hooking up my PS3 to play my OG copies would be, I can't remember how bad latency is w/ those on an HDTV and my launch PS3 sounds like a jet engine at all times. Will prob just pick up the PC collection.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
I had to use rivatuner to lock the twitch prime giveaway version of DMC1 to 60 fps or else it'd break 'cause high refresh monitor but it was fine after doing that. It probably got patched at some point. I know Nvidia 3D Vision will crash the crap out of the game so don't use nvidia 3d stuff.

edit: yeah they fixed the high refresh rate thing a couple months ago

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 11, 2018

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Me driving to and from work today : BANG BANG BANG pull my devil trigger

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOtTcFTeoJI

more footage
nero is nero, dmc is still some dmc-rear end-DMC and not some bayonetta-lite poo poo

also please refer to our unknown character as his proper name, "The Mysterious V"

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ya that trailer has cool new in game stuff. Also Nero has more than 1 weapon now?(during air combo)

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Ninja Theory consistently makes games that are 6-7/10 and then get bumped up ~2 points or so because game journalists are trash garbage. DmC getting swept under the rug warms the cockles of my heart.

I don't want to generalize but I mostly agree with this. I feel like games like Dark Souls did help a few journalist become better at games. In the past a lot of the harder games were niche so they were ignored but with Souls being so huge they couldn't ignore it. Also game journalists mostly just rush the game on easy or normal and never replay it. So I can see why they would like DmC which is easy as gently caress and a 1 playthrough game with 0 depth. The original qaurtet was best when replayed on harder difficulties like Dante must die, heaven or hell, hell or hell.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

None of the games were best on the Dante dies in one hit difficulties, what are you smoking.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Speak for yourself. Unless you were playing the series for the first time, the harder difficulties were the best. Ya I can see hell or hell being only for a small hardcore amount of people.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So the conceit is that Vergil came around and cut off/stole Nero’s arm to further his evil plans/actually to protect Nero because he’s his son right

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

I'm going with it's not actually Vergil but Nero's secret brother, but yours is way more likely.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ripping off his arm to protect him makes sense in DMC but also what does Dante have to do this. Will he try to convince Nero that Vergil isn't a baddy?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Ulio posted:

Ripping off his arm to protect him makes sense in DMC but also what does Dante have to do this. Will he try to convince Nero that Vergil isn't a baddy?

He’ll probably just gently caress around messing with both Nero and Vergil but more Nero and then at the end the three of them will shoot the main bad guy in the forehead and it’ll be super crazy and cool

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also old crazy bastard Uncle Dante intrigues me since I assumed half demon people never aged

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Calaveron posted:

He’ll probably just gently caress around messing with both Nero and Vergil but more Nero and then at the end the three of them will shoot the main bad guy in the forehead and it’ll be super crazy and cool

Don't forget the part where they all say "Jackpot!"

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Shadowlyger posted:

Don't forget the part where they all say "Jackpot!"

That was implied with the cool part

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Uncle Dante needs to have no trickster style. Can't double jump or air dash due his old age.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean theoretically DMC2 is still canon and it happens like a hundred years into the future

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I really like how with his demon arm gone Nero basically just went all in with his "the future is now, old man" persona and replaced it with a robot arm instead. Give me more gears. I want to rev up his arm to power up buster attacks.

gently caress it, why stop there. Let me rev up his gun. Let me rev up his feet after a dodge so there next dodge leaves a fire trail on the ground and slides a bit further. Lemme grind some loving gears

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Can't believe Capcom is stealing my dance moves.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Also old crazy bastard Uncle Dante intrigues me since I assumed half demon people never aged

There's a Japan-only novelization of DMC4 made by that game's writer and it says half-demons age like regular humans.

Calaveron posted:

I mean theoretically DMC2 is still canon and it happens like a hundred years into the future

iirc from previews back in the day it happened 6 months after 1, but with it getting constantly shuffled around for no reason who knows.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

this game looks sick

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
So wait, if Nero lost his arm and the Yamato whats his devil trigger now? I need to know because I'm told I need to pull it.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Caidin posted:

So wait, if Nero lost his arm and the Yamato whats his devil trigger now? I need to know because I'm told I need to pull it.

turning into a robot like michael jackson's moonwalker

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

there are some combos in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyLsYii7wOE

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Pesky Splinter posted:

"We'll market it as the new DMC. Then, when everyone hates it, we'll bring back Classic DMC, and make billions!" *BWHAHAHAHAHA!*

I'm still hype though.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I think it's a twist and he took the arm but either he was under a spell or there was no I'll will between them. DMC4 did make use think Dante was the villian at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
The villain stole the arm and regrows Virgil out of it in the hope he can collaborate with him, but then Virgil decides to go his own way.

But nah, hooded guy is probably Virgil, yeah, and it'll probably turn out he had a reason and the real villain is someone else.