Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah his true ultimate powerup is totally going to be kicks and knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It's entirely possible that he started off in Muay Thai at the beginning of his career but all of his actual mastery, skill, and experience comes from being a boxer and his Muay Thai isn't actually that good so he doesn't use it. Every character in the manga identifies him as a boxer and that seems to be where all of his fame comes from, so it's probably safe to say that he's just a boxer.

I guess maybe he could bust it out in a desperate situation where boxing isn't working?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
To me it reads that he became a boxer from muay thai, and I’m guessing that his backstory, like all the other crazy fighters, is that he has been trying to find more competition after mastering muay thai, and boxing just had a wider range of opponents to face.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/354608/1

Here comes a big fight!!!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The bromance is strong in this chapter.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think it's interesting to learn that Agito is apparently not the first Fang.

I assumed it was just hit title, but I guess Fang might just mean anyone who fought for Metsudoh in the Kengan Tournaments? Would that make the Kure patriarch the first Fang?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also rereading the Raian fight Erio explains the Kure removal technique to Metsudoh, which is either convenient plot explanations or an implication that Erio didn't rely on Removal to win the Kengan Tournament for Metsudoh. Which makes you wonder how strong the dude must have been.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hmm..... maybe.... you should kiss him anyway?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hmm..... maybe.... you should kiss him anyway?

Yaoi fangirl secretary would literally die from nosebleed explosion.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

I think it's interesting to learn that Agito is apparently not the first Fang.

I assumed it was just hit title, but I guess Fang might just mean anyone who fought for Metsudoh in the Kengan Tournaments? Would that make the Kure patriarch the first Fang?

Makes sense since Metsudo has been around for a long time and it was already stated that the Patriarch of the Kure clan helped him get into power in the first place. Maybe he was the first "fang" then.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

fang is going to kick this nobodys rear end

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the nobodys gonna shoot a fireball at fang and kill him

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Fang almost has to ice this guy immediately. Not everyone has shown their true strength and the story isn’t going to start with the top badass going first

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm reading this now and almost caught up after starting yesterday. So far my favourite fighters are

Fang looks really boring but I'm excited to see him fight, his design is just way less extravagant than expected.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

EmmyOk posted:

Fang looks really boring but I'm excited to see him fight, his design is just way less extravagant than expected.

He’s likely been made boring intentionally so it contrasts with his eventual craziness

I don’t think this series can underdo anything, gotta be intentional

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Its probably because he's actually the round 1 jobber

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Turns out that guy is actually the fake Fang, the real Fang is someone else in the tournament.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Nah, I am pretty sure its because Metsudo has a thing for bodysuits or something.

I don't think this is going to be that quick a fight, wasn't this guy like number 5 or something on the list?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nikaido easily beat 3 to take their spot and was ruined. Granted Setsuna is the presumed endgame Fang shouldn't struggle with 5

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

EmmyOk posted:

Nikaido easily beat 3 to take their spot and was ruined. Granted Setsuna is the presumed endgame Fang shouldn't struggle with 5

:shrug: I don't know how big a bonus Setsuna's OHMABONER gives him though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

My guess is the tournament gets interrupted before they fight.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I feel like neither setsuna or ohma are endgame for the tournament. They can both lose and still have their plot continue afterwards so they don't have much in the way of personal stakes in winning the tournament itself, just in fighting each other.

Ohma has yet to meet someone who can defeat him other than sen, who attacked him while he was injured, so mid to late tournament seems like the time to take his first L. If he wins, he's the most powerful fighter and there's nowhere to really go after that.

Setsuna just wants to gently caress/fight ohma so he doesn't have much to lose other than pride. I could see him winning and fighting ohma as the top guy, but there's so many built up fighters in the right bracket that feel like they could go to the top.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

tweet my meat posted:

Ohma has yet to meet someone who can defeat him other than sen, who attacked him while he was injured, so mid to late tournament seems like the time to take his first L. If he wins, he's the most powerful fighter and there's nowhere to really go after that.

I don't think it's going to be that simple. I fully expect the injuries that the fighters are building up here in the first round to play their roles in later ones. It wouldn't at all be shocking for a weaker fighter to win the tournament simply because the stronger ones beat the poo poo out of eachother to the point where they could win.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ohma has some issues to deal with, like relying on kaioken that he learned from some mysterious person he can't remember instead of mastering his martial art. the tournament isn't really a very good place to do that. he's gotta retrain himself, not come to a sudden epiphany.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

AtomikKrab posted:

I don't think this is going to be that quick a fight, wasn't this guy like number 5 or something on the list?

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah, corporate ranking is more about how prominent a company is. #1 is like, what, the biggest bank in Japan? #2 is a major power company. #3 is a news corporation. Wakatsuki's employer, whose like, 4 or 5, is a major pharmaceutical company. #8 is pretty much Japanese Disneyland.

Though I'd say Bakuya News was the outlier, considering what we've seen of the fighters of the current top companies. Wakatsuki, Julias, Jun, Fang, etc.

tweet my meat posted:

I dunno, I tend to think of Ohma as a mid-tier fighter in terms of physical abilities. It's just that, thanks to his special form and Niko style, he can punch above his weight class. And even then it takes far more of a toll on him than on the opponent. He couldn't beat Seki down, so he had to settle for knocking him unconscious temporarily, and by the time the fight was over Seki was still in a better shape despite having lost.

Dude was loving vomiting blood after winning against Inaba.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Here's a linky to the companies and their fighters:
http://kenganashura.wikia.com/wiki/Mion#Mion_.26_Otoichi

I dont think there are any spoilers but maybe :spoiler:

Completely forgot about Ronald Haraguchi. hahahaha

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 13, 2018

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah be very careful reading the wiki because they don't mark spoilers for untranslated chapters.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol--014-Ch-111---King?id=425579

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Im hype

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rooting for ya Naoya

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fang's an rear end in a top hat while okubo is a cool dude. unfortunately, i doubt the reigning champion is gonna lose in his first match.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Latest chapter on mangadex...

https://mangadex.org/chapter/368538/1

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
That Zetton/Ultraman poo poo is really good and a pop culture reference that's probably lost on a lot of people

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I like Okuba because he's one of the boyos

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Does it count as revealing your backstory if it's being revealed by another character's flashback? I have no idea if they're even on flashbacks or not.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
We didn't really learn anything new about Fang besides has always been a badass. Which was kind of a given

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Can't wait to see the Fang destroy this chump.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Don't call the King of Combat a chump.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
You’re right he’s a jobber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
fu

our boy is going to smash the gently caress out of that bodysuit wearing weirdo.