Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Mr. X with a hat is slick as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They have a second REmake 2 gameplay trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxJtQa6VSw

BTW I loving adored the RE Outbreak 1 throwback with the rat in trailer 1.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Looks good. I always wanted to play RE2 but it felt super dated to me even in the GC era and I’ve waited for a remake since then.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
LOOOKS SO GOOD HOLY gently caress ITS PERFECT!!

INFO:

"The genre-defining masterpiece Resident Evil 2 returns, completely re-built from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience. Using Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 offers a fresh take on the classic survival horror saga with breathtakingly realistic visuals, heart-poundingly immersive audio, a new over-the-shoulder camera, and modernized controls on top of gameplay modes from the original game. The nightmares return reimagined for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®4 Pro on January 25, 2019. In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?"

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH PUMP IT INTO MY VIENS>

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Fuckin' give me this game right now, RIGHT NOW GOD DAMMIT.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Gave me a reason to get a PS4 now... gonna have to lurk in the SA mart for a few months

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

DMC5 and RE2 Remake? Is...is Capcom a good company now?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1006366961876418561

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I love that they moved the front desk so the lobby starts to make some goddamn sense.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Gonna miss hotpants+spats Claire, may your 90s fashion rest in peace.

Also no PC release makes me sad. I've managed to avoid buying the consoles so far.

edit: apparently it is released on all platforms even though the trailers only list ps4.

Broose fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 12, 2018

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Broose posted:

Gonna miss hotpants+spats Claire, may your 90s fashion rest in peace.

Also no PC release makes me sad. I've managed to avoid buying the consoles so far.

its pc along with ps4/xbox. i like how they look younger tho, it always felt they never aged much wtih re4/6/rev2. gonna need a full body shot of claire, theres a frame near the end with mr.x where it looks like a classic costume.

Crowetron posted:

I love that they moved the front desk so the lobby starts to make some goddamn sense.

holy poo poo yeah my exact reaction too. i always wondered when i replay classic how it actually worked as a police station, having to walk all the way to the back and poo poo.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Policenaut posted:

Why the heck didn't they show this trailer? The first one was cool, but this one actually shows how bad rear end this remake is, drat.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Digital pre-order bonus:
- Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Chris Model'
- Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Jill Model'
- Resident Evil 2 Special Theme

Play on 01/25/2019 12am Eastern Time

CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS ARE NOT AVAILABLE EXCEPT WHERE REQUIRED BY LAW.

The Deluxe Edition contains the main game and the Extra DLC Pack which includes the following items:
-Leon Costume: 'Arklay Sheriff'
-Leon Costume: 'Noir'
-Claire Costume: 'Military'
-Claire Costume: 'Noir'
-Claire Costume: 'Elza Walker'
-Deluxe Weapon: 'Samurai Edge - Albert Model'
-'Original Ver.' Soundtrack Swap

:siren: CLAIRE COSTUME ELZA WALKER HOLY poo poo RE1.5 BABY :siren:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Bubba Smith posted:

Why the heck didn't they show this trailer? The first one was cool, but this one actually shows how bad rear end this remake is, drat.

they were going for that RE7 reveal again, they did the same back then with 2 trailers.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Cool. I love how we only have a 6 month wait.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

:siren: CLAIRE COSTUME ELZA WALKER HOLY poo poo RE1.5 BABY :siren:

HOLY poo poo YES

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Ok... hate DLC but if they are gonna pay that much attention to detail they deserve some money

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Seeing zombies wearing the classic blue RCPD uniforms again makes me irrationally happy.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Obvious observation but looks like the game still takes place in 1998 judging by how all the cars look.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What does "original gameplay modes from the 1998 release" mean? 4th Survivor and Tofu Survivor?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Raxivace posted:

What does "original gameplay modes from the 1998 release" mean? 4th Survivor and Tofu Survivor?

Static camera maybe?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Raxivace posted:

its the option of changing the camera from ots to static along with soundtrack swap to the original ost.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Extreme babyface Leon is just precious looking and got a laugh out of me but the rest of it is jaw-droppingly pretty

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Extreme babyface Leon is just precious looking and got a laugh out of me but the rest of it is jaw-droppingly pretty

It will be fun to have a game where Leon and Claire are still capable of any type of emotion beyond mild annoyance.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a jaded rear end curmudgeon but holy poo poo this looks so loving good.

Leon looks perfect.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I like the other police guy whose trying to talk down a zombie well into the last night of Raccoon city.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Babyface Claire looks so drat familiar but I can't place it. Babyface Leon is 90s DiCaprio though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Honestly I'm surprised that it turned out to be an effort remake, the likes of original REmake. Not something I expected from Capcom in TYOOL 2018 but gently caress yeah.

Please god let there be 1st person VR mode. I know it's kind of unlikely but no one can stop me from hoping. They already made a VR game in REengine so it's not impossible right? RE2 where I could swap from old fixed camera angles, to modern style, to VR would literally be one of the greatest things ever.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/dev1_official/status/1006357296476114944

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

veni veni veni posted:

Honestly I'm surprised that it turned out to be an effort remake, the likes of original REmake. Not something I expected from Capcom in TYOOL 2018 but gently caress yeah.

Please god let there be 1st person VR mode. I know it's kind of unlikely but no one can stop me from hoping. They already made a VR game in REengine so it's not impossible right? RE2 where I could swap from old fixed camera angles, to modern style, to VR would literally be one of the greatest things ever.

I think it’s already confirmed that there’s no VR sadly. Same engine but they’re pushing it harder for a prettier flat screen game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

drat. I'm still hype but I want more RE7 VR action so badly.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Thanks for saving E3 Capcom. :unsmith:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah I think most people were expecting something that would be along the same level of quality as Revelations 2.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Some people on another gaming forum I visit are like "OVER THE SHOULDER CAMERA?! WON'T BUY WITHOUT FIXED CAMERA AND/OR PRE-RENDERED BACKGROUNDS"

I'm just happy to play an updated version of my personal favorite RE game.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I gotta finish my resident evil collection before the remake comes out.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Mr. X looks WEIRD.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

MechaX posted:

Some people on another gaming forum I visit are like "OVER THE SHOULDER CAMERA?! WON'T BUY WITHOUT FIXED CAMERA AND/OR PRE-RENDERED BACKGROUNDS"

I'm just happy to play an updated version of my personal favorite RE game.

They are gonna buy it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That's Ed Harris from westworld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Crowetron posted:

DMC5 and RE2 Remake? Is...is Capcom a good company now?

For now.