Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Payment Day posted:

They are going to get so upstaged when nintendo has mario kiss king koopa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncnz_ibotOc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Please don't post the most erotic moments in gaming

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Waluigi dating sim please.

busysignal
Nov 28, 2013

On the other hand...Mario gets kisses from everyone.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Infinitum posted:

This is just what is available to PLAY at E3

Fortnite will be their PLAYABLE RIGHT NOW announcement

I imagine you're going to see a lot more games shown off via trailer as well.
Current rumour floating around of Diddy Kong Racing But Starfox, and you'll likely see poo poo like Metroid being shown off.

Octopath and Captain Toad are already day 0 buys for me. Really what I'm saying is they better show Pikmin 4.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Brother Entropy posted:

[clears throat]

boy that conference sure was weird

dude no

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sinteres posted:

Sony's games aren't coming out forever, so I hope you like waiting.

One of them is out in less than 3 months.

Infinitum posted:

Current rumour floating around of Diddy Kong Racing But Starfox, and you'll likely see poo poo like Metroid being shown off.

Wow, that sounds truly terrible.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

bloodychill posted:

Octopath and Captain Toad are already day 0 buys for me. Really what I'm saying is they better show Pikmin 4.

But they come out the same day. Which will you play first?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

DalaranJ posted:

But they come out the same day. Which will you play first?

Two switches, one joycon per hand. I got two eyeballs, I can make it work.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

One of them is out in less than 3 months.

Ya they didn't give a date for 3 of them which is weird. Well sony really don't need exclusives at this point. The two biggest games of the year are partnered with them. Red Dead 2 and new CoD.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
was there a game with a November 14 release date announced today or am I thinking of fallout from yesterday? coulda sworn I saw something today

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Martian Manfucker posted:

was there a game with a November 14 release date announced today or am I thinking of fallout from yesterday? coulda sworn I saw something today

assassin's creed?

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

assassin's creed?

That's october but maybe he is thinking of that.

Also kinda dissapointed no Splinter Cell. I am guessing it is in development if it leaked in Walmart Canada which was fully accurate other than that.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The video games, they're good folks.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Ulio posted:

That's october but maybe he is thinking of that.

Also kinda dissapointed no Splinter Cell. I am guessing it is in development if it leaked in Walmart Canada which was fully accurate other than that.

i think i got it mixed up with the last AC, which was november

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: Mega Pro-click - Dan doesn't understand Pirates :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQAyspZNdtM&t=3721s

Fulchrum posted:

They don't own the license to Diddy Kong Racing, due to RARE being filthy turncoats.

Diddy Kong Racing rules and Nintendo fans have always wanted a sequel

Ergo Star Fox Racing filling DKR's shoes has a lot of potential to be real real good.
Leak mentioned racing + boss fights.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Star Fox Racing, but Diddy is in it and he's the main character.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Infinitum posted:

lmao this is amazing

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Infinitum posted:

Hahahahah

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is Dan just Charlie from Always Sunny?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The two personality types, are those who find dan's schtick funny and those who find it annoying af

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is Dan just Charlie from Always Sunny?

Yeah but without the anger issues.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I can't totally blame him tbh, pirates in popular culture are pretty sanitized, especially the kids stuff which I'm presuming is the last time he thought about pirates. jack sparrow isn't exactly going around raping and pillaging, and while he does do some thieving he's not too mean and they don't make a big deal about it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No Mods No Masters posted:

The two personality types, are those who find dan's schtick funny and those who find it annoying af

I like Dan, he's like Ryan Davis-lite. Dude just generally likes video games.
I miss Ryan :(

Ben is probably the most annoying out of all the new blokes. Dude brings nothing to the table.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Infinitum posted:

I like Dan, he's like Ryan Davis-lite. Dude just generally likes video games.
I miss Ryan :(

Ben is probably the most annoying out of all the new blokes. Dude brings nothing to the table.

Ben brings anti-jokes and I love them

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

GreatGreen posted:

Ok I'll stop loving around and try to clear my name here. It was fun for the first few pages but I'm actually being labeled a homophobe now and I don't like that.

Legitimately, I'm cool with all types of sexuality. I read a quote saying "Pretty much. The in your face 'She's a LESBIAN guys.' was just way too much. We get it. You don't have to put it literally in our face." and I took that to mean "it's a tactical move by a company to reel in the LGBTQ crowd and it's a bit of an obvious marketing move, guys." Maybe I gave that post too much credit, maybe I didn't.

After that, somebody said "lol lesbians make me uncomfortable too because two girls kissing is against gods will" as a response. I read that as somebody immediately getting labeled as a homophobe instead of what I thoguht they actually said. Maybe I'm tired and took that too seriously also, which was probably a mistake on this comedy website. What can I say, I've been reading a lot about these kinds of arguments lately. Reading this thread back now, I probably misinterpreted. It sounded sincere to me at the time.

Anyway, sorry for causing such a stir everybody. I'm going to bed. I'm delirious and have stayed up way too late because of this horrible, horrible Sony show.

I can see how you got there, but like, the core argument that this is just Naughty Dog cynically trying to drum up sales from LGBT people isn't how creative endeavors work. That kiss was probably there because the writer wrote it that way, and all of their higher-ups went "okay, sounds good". There is a next to zero chance that there was a top-down order from Naughty Dog's board of directors going "add in lesbians, we must increase our sales in the LGBT market by 30%". Maybe at most the director would've requested a romantic scene, or asked to focus more on the kiss, which isn't unusual for Naughty Dog because their whole shtick is being very cinematic, dramatic, and character-focused. Creative endeavors are mostly made from the bottom-up, and that a writer nowadays can say "I want to focus on a kiss between two women" without getting shot down by any of their superiors is a good thing.

Also, Disney XD's stream of the event cut away from that kiss to a generic "E3 2018" graphic. They didn't even do anything that drastic for the ultraviolence (they used blurs for that, often poorly). That kind of crap shows how important it is to keep depicting LGBT relationships like this. Shooting it down with "corporations did it, therefore bad" is annoying at best, and at worst it's the tactic of a bigot who acts like "I hate all relationships actually, it's just a coincidence that the one time I decided to whine about it was for an LGBT relationship". That latter crap happens all the time.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm sorry to bring that whole thing up again since I typed for too long but it helped me solidify things in my mind and I just thought "ahh screw it, post anyway"

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Infinitum posted:

They don't own the license to Diddy Kong Racing, due to RARE being filthy turncoats.

Diddy Kong Racing rules and Nintendo fans have always wanted a sequel

Ergo Star Fox Racing filling DKR's shoes has a lot of potential to be real real good.
Leak mentioned racing + boss fights.

Knowing Nintendo, they will insist that it has "innovative" controls, and will end up loving awful.

Also, how the hell do you race a fixed speed rail craft?

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Fulchrum posted:

Knowing Nintendo, they will insist that it has "innovative" controls, and will end up loving awful.

Also, how the hell do you race a fixed speed rail craft?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzkNwc_uqEY

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Well first I thought all the THIS MAY BE INAPPROPRIATE warnings on the YouTubes for that Last of Us thing were about brutal esophageal liberations, but no it's two girls making kissy.

Now I won't be happy until Death Stranding has Reedus sucking face with Reedus

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

FilthyImp posted:

Now I won't be happy until Death Stranding has Reedus sucking face with Reedus

He already deep throated a baby what deeper depths are there to plumb!?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ulio posted:

Ya they didn't give a date for 3 of them which is weird. Well sony really don't need exclusives at this point. The two biggest games of the year are partnered with them. Red Dead 2 and new CoD.

They didnt give a date on god of war until february and spiderman only got its date a few month sago i think. One of those 3 games is probably april and one is probably sept but i wont get my hopes up

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1006398609170956289

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m59UM1iFu-c

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

It’s crazy that people are disappointed by the games in the Sony conference. It was just jaw-dropping title after jaw-dropping title. If it wasn’t for the insane presentation choices Sony made it would have been one of the all-time classic E3 shows.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I waited until after the stream ended and just skipped through all the music so I thought the Sony conference blew everything else so far out of the water. Control, Ghosts of Tsushima, RE2, even whatever the gently caress Death Stranding is supposed to be looked awesome. Arkham Spider didn't look bad either.

e: also no FFVII remake, but in the schedule for the rest of the show that they showed at the end of the Sony stream there was a listing for "Square-Enix title" tomorrow at 1:15 that the random panel didn't mention, but I'm not holding my breath.

bango skank fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 12, 2018

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
team RE makes a new game, sam lake is back with alan wake/quantum break mashup that's not being gimped by m$, kojima does his thing while showing gameplay!!

clearly devolver wins with metal wolf chaos

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

The opinion I've seen that the Ellie kiss immediately transitioning into a scene of horrific violence doesn't make much sense/poor taste is ridiculous to me. Like it's a revenge story and couching the motivation behind Ellie's rampage in an embrace just seemed thematically well executed

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sinteres posted:

Sony's games aren't coming out forever, so I hope you like waiting.

I only have so much money, you insane person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Penpal posted:

The opinion I've seen that the Ellie kiss immediately transitioning into a scene of horrific violence doesn't make much sense/poor taste is ridiculous to me. Like it's a revenge story and couching the motivation behind Ellie's rampage in an embrace just seemed thematically well executed

It absolutely is. Don't listen to mental subnormals.

• Locked thread