Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011

Booty Pageant posted:

showing gameplay!!

That's not what that's called, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I only have so much money, you insane person.

M$: hey we got games you want and we got a plan to keep your wallets empty!!!

$ony: we just got games, hope you can afford them!!!

todd howard: for a mere $4.99 you can now have big titty crabs and sexy skeletons on your phone!!!!

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

Orv posted:

That's not what that's called, no.

if i can take my loot boxes for a walk through serene country side that's sure gameplay to me!!

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Comrade Fakename posted:

It’s crazy that people are disappointed by the games in the Sony conference. It was just jaw-dropping title after jaw-dropping title. If it wasn’t for the insane presentation choices Sony made it would have been one of the all-time classic E3 shows.

months from now people will have forgetten the stupid presentation and remember the trailers. the presentation was bad but not in an easily meme-able way like past years.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Am I the only one psyched over Justin Roilands game? I'm getting kind of a psychonauts vibe off of it.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

This is wonderful, Tuxedo Musk is the man.

Pretty fun day of E3! Lotta cool stuff, some guy playing a flute, good gamery, I dug it. Watched it on the big screen at a local bar-arcade my homie helps out at. I'm saying it, this is the best E3. And E3 is the Hanukkah of gamers, days of celebration and culture, I'm hyped.

bango skank posted:

Control, Ghosts of Tsushima, RE2, even whatever the gently caress Death Stranding is supposed to be looked awesome. Arkham Spider didn't look bad either.

Very pumped for Control, looks like Remedy's best in a while. Hideo is the king, Norman Reedus is up there too. And Mr. X is delivering the goods in that RE2 trailer. Also Last of Us 2 looks great, thumbs up.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

Am I the only one psyched over Justin Roilands game? I'm getting kind of a psychonauts vibe off of it.

I say this as a fan of Rick and Morty, but it looks like it's scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel trying to cash in on Roland's popularity

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fulchrum posted:

Yes. Rick and Morty is loving unfunny garbage and that game looked to have exactly the same amount of humor as R&M.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Penpal posted:

The opinion I've seen that the Ellie kiss immediately transitioning into a scene of horrific violence doesn't make much sense/poor taste is ridiculous to me. Like it's a revenge story and couching the motivation behind Ellie's rampage in an embrace just seemed thematically well executed

Agreed.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The TLOU2 trailer was quite dope, in my opinion. That's gonna be a bleak as hell game. Can't wait!

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

GreatGreen posted:

Ok I'll stop loving around and try to clear my name here. It was fun for the first few pages but I'm actually being labeled a homophobe now and I don't like that.

Legitimately, I'm cool with all types of sexuality. I read a quote saying "Pretty much. The in your face 'She's a LESBIAN guys.' was just way too much. We get it. You don't have to put it literally in our face." and I took that to mean "it's a tactical move by a company to reel in the LGBTQ crowd and it's a bit of an obvious marketing move, guys." Maybe I gave that post too much credit, maybe I didn't.

After that, somebody said "lol lesbians make me uncomfortable too because two girls kissing is against gods will" as a response. I read that as somebody immediately getting labeled as a homophobe instead of what I thoguht they actually said. Maybe I'm tired and took that too seriously also, which was probably a mistake on this comedy website. What can I say, I've been reading a lot about these kinds of arguments lately. Reading this thread back now, I probably misinterpreted. It sounded sincere to me at the time.

Anyway, sorry for causing such a stir everybody. I'm going to bed. I'm delirious and have stayed up way too late because of this horrible, horrible Sony show.

I believe you, guy who coincidentally also had a meltdown about how the FF15 boys looked too faggy

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
(Guy kisses girl in game trailer)

WE GET IT THEY’RE HETERO NO NEED TO MASH IT IN OUR FACES

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Steve Yun posted:

(Guy kisses girl in game trailer)

WE GET IT THEY’RE HETERO NO NEED TO MASH IT IN OUR FACES

This but unironically.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
(Bioware announces no romances in Anthem)

UGH THESE INCELS PUSHING THEIR INCEL AGENDA EVERYWHERE

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I believe you, guy who coincidentally also had a meltdown about how the FF15 boys looked too faggy

lmao too perfect

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I always go 100% gay in every game that offers it regardless of gender because imagine playing a video game just to be straight, like lmao.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Ellie is like the most understated gay VG character I've seen in a game (excluding all the wimpy games that tease about it without actually doing anything), at least until the latest trailer. Anyone who complains about how they handled that aspect of her character just don't want gay characters in their games, period. Part of me hope they don't kill the other girl off in order to motivate Ellie's murder spree, since that's seriously done to death. But who am I kidding...

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's always hilarious to see kissing in video games.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

That chick in the trailer is 100% dead, guaranteed.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

Except for Death Stranding I loved Sony's press conference.

I really think we are going to see what happens when Kojima doesn't have someone controlling him and it may not be pretty. Hope I'm wrong.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Less than 7 hours till showtime

https://i.imgur.com/htmhYsc.mp4
:getin:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Raged posted:

I really think we are going to see what happens when Kojima doesn't have someone controlling him and it may not be pretty. Hope I'm wrong.

I kinda feel Fauxtaku got this in one:

https://twitter.com/Fauxtaku/status/1006355764984844288

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Renoistic posted:

Ellie is like the most understated gay VG character I've seen in a game (excluding all the wimpy games that tease about it without actually doing anything), at least until the latest trailer. Anyone who complains about how they handled that aspect of her character just don't want gay characters in their games, period. Part of me hope they don't kill the other girl off in order to motivate Ellie's murder spree, since that's seriously done to death. But who am I kidding...

This. So much.

I also hope the other girl isn't fridged since she seems like a lovely character. They've already established that the woman in the first trailer (Ellie's mom) was running up against the same religious cult prior to the current events, so I hope the obvious revenge foreshadowing has more to do with her dead mom rather than a dead lover, though I recognize the likelihood lover will die is pretty high.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Raged posted:

I'm still pumped for Death Stranding, as a Hideo fan. Kind of like with Cyberpunk 2077, I'm excited because of the people making it, and what they've said about the games. We can speculate and personally I can imagine Death Stranding being quite striking and excellent. These presentations before the final ready to release gameplay stuff is done, it's all just flavor.

So to me, I look at it like Hideo has seemingly unlimited time and resources, he can just release the game when he thinks it's good to go. Same with CD Projekt Red. So for me it's unlikely that Death Stranding won't rock.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm still pumped for Death Stranding, as a Hideo fan. Kind of like with Cyberpunk 2077, I'm excited because of the people making it, and what they've said about the games. We can speculate and personally I can imagine Death Stranding being quite striking and excellent. These presentations before the final ready to release gameplay stuff is done, it's all just flavor.

So to me, I look at it like Hideo has seemingly unlimited time and resources, he can just release the game when he thinks it's good to go. Same with CD Projekt Red. So for me it's unlikely that Death Stranding won't rock.

I look at "Kojima with unlimited time and resources" as "No one is there to tell Kojima that no, actually, a section where your controls are inverted and everything is slowed down to a fifth the normal speed while while song plays and your character is a horse walking down a five mile corridor is not a good idea". Of course you loving idiots will lap that poo poo up and call him a visionary while it plays like week dead rear end.

E: The royal you idiots, mind you.

Orv fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jun 12, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Orv posted:

I look at "Kojima with unlimited time and resources" as "No one is there to tell Kojima that no, actually, a section where your controls are inverted and everything is slowed down to a fifth the normal speed while while song plays and your character is a horse walking down a five mile corridor is not a good idea". Of course you loving idiots will lap that poo poo up and call him a visionary while it plays like week dead rear end.

It looks very original, but also incredibly rigid. I'll give it a chance.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Don't get me wrong, I would like to be wrong, I'm a fairly big MGS fan but I always felt like those games were only sane, playable stealth games because Kojima's crazy poo poo got cordoned off to boss fights and story.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The boss fights were mostly poo poo.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Infinitum posted:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I haven't been following Nintendo stuff closely. Is a new Animal Crossing expected to make an appearance?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Im Newman

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Gravy Jones posted:

I haven't been following Nintendo stuff closely. Is a new Animal Crossing expected to make an appearance?

People are asking for it and acting like it's time, but there haven't been any leaks or hints as far as I know.

I just want to see some Metroid Prime 4 and 2019 Pokemon footage as appetizers before my Smashing main course.

Then F-Zero as dessert. :black101:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I wouldn't expect much of MP4 beyond a prerendered trailer and MAYBE a little pre-alpha footage. Last-year's reveal was more to get the fans to stop asking than anything else.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gravy Jones posted:

It will be making a monkey paw appearance in the form of a port of Amiibo Festival

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So will Nintendo ever fix this assbackward online system? Even more so since they are gonna charge for it now.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Infinitum posted:

It will be making a monkey paw appearance in the form of a port of Amiibo Festival

Now I can finally have all the tedium of Mario Party, but without any of the occasionally slightly fun minigames.... on the go!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was kinda hoping halfway through Ellie's killing spree that she was gonna pass Lara Croft, they quietly nod at each other and then continue on their respective murderous ways.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Jerusalem posted:

I was kinda hoping halfway through Ellie's killing spree that she was gonna pass kiss Lara Croft, they quietly nod at each other and then continue on their respective murderous ways.

But yeah, I really want to see some more non-relentless-murder-machine stuff from Tomb Raider, I loved the last game, but this one isn't doing anything for me from what they've shown so far.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Orv posted:

E: The royal you idiots, mind you.

My guess, it'll be surreal and also quite tight in the gameplay department. It sounds like your worry is that it'll be overly surreal and not concerned with entertaining the player? I feel like with Hideo's influences including stuff like Terminator and John Carpenter movies, this game will have both David Lynch and say Michael Bay's The Rock in it's DNA. At least, he hasn't bored me yet.

And I mention David Lynch since us goons love Twin Peaks, and that does feature a horse appearing and disappearing on several occasions. Since you used a horse in your weirdness example. So hey, that's good company.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jun 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Sorry I was not around last night to stop the utter madness perpetrated, but I am a silly Brit so asleep when it is most rambunctious over here. I think we can all agree that a lot of seriously good rebuttals were made about the hypocrisy over showing romance between two people and that those complaining will not be able to do so for some time.

Continue to enjoy E3!! :D

• Locked thread