Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

The worst exit (which was fitting, as she was one of the worst characters) was Dodo. She literally just stopped being in the show halfway through a story and the Doctor's new companions told him,"Oh yeah she just decided to stay here" and he was all,"Whatever :shrug:" and that was that.

Yeah, this one definitely wins. It's not even really set up. She just gets possessed by an evil computer, then sent to recover in the countryside, and the next time it's addressed, it's just Ben and Polly saying "Dodo returned to her home planet."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/pipmadeley/status/1006135908389793792

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Was thinking of official Doctor smilies for conversation bits, because I have way too much free time on my hands:

:corsair:
:shepface:
:colbert:
:haw:
:ohdear:
:argh:
:smug:
:sigh:
(:black101:)
:mad:
:crossarms:
:q:
:rolleyes:

:j:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I remember there was an unofficial Matt Smith :unsmith:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Anyone else catching the theatrical edit of Genesis of the Daleks today?

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

The worst exit (which was fitting, as she was one of the worst characters) was Dodo. She literally just stopped being in the show halfway through a story and the Doctor's new companions told him,"Oh yeah she just decided to stay here" and he was all,"Whatever :shrug:" and that was that.

Tied for worst (exit, not companion) is Liz Shaw. Awesome companion, written out of the show without a word or mention.

To add insult to injury, her Five Doctors "reappearance" alongside Captain Mike Yates. "STOP HIIIIIIIIIIIIM!"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Narsham posted:

Tied for worst (exit, not companion) is Liz Shaw. Awesome companion, written out of the show without a word or mention.

To add insult to injury, her Five Doctors "reappearance" alongside Captain Mike Yates. "STOP HIIIIIIIIIIIIM!"

They do mention her briefly, for what it's worth, and basically say that the reason she left is that she was tired of being bossed around so much. The Brig specifically scolds the Doctor for it when he's trying to get him to take on Jo IIRC

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Chokes McGee posted:

Was thinking of official Doctor smilies for conversation bits, because I have way too much free time on my hands:

:j:

Those are perfect choices.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

jivjov posted:

Anyone else catching the theatrical edit of Genesis of the Daleks today?

I'm just going to run the Davros Filibuster on repeat. :rant:

(Actually, that's an emote that works for most of the series' villains.)

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

So what was Ace's official send-off? I think it occurred in the Virgin New Adventures books? I'm just starting to get into the Doctor Who... extended universe I guess? Whatever they call the novels, audio plays, comics, etc. Those are all mostly official unless contradicted right?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Lightning Lord posted:

So what was Ace's official send-off? I think it occurred in the Virgin New Adventures books? I'm just starting to get into the Doctor Who... extended universe I guess? Whatever they call the novels, audio plays, comics, etc. Those are all mostly official unless contradicted right?

According to the VNAs, Ace became Time's Vigilante, roaming the fourth dimension with a time-hopper mounted to a motorcycle.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Mind you, the VNAs had Ace having sex with lots of dudes despite the fact she was clearly a lesbian on-screen. :colbert:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

TinTower posted:

Mind you, the VNAs had Ace having sex with lots of dudes despite the fact she was clearly a lesbian on-screen. :colbert:

Are you saying Ace can't be bisexual? :colbert: NOW who's being noninclusive?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
oh god, don't remind me of the "is Bill Pots bisexual" discourse from tumblr last year.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Genesis of the Daleks on the big screen was fun...but the cuts bringing it down to 90 minutes were a bit awkward in places

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

jivjov posted:

Genesis of the Daleks on the big screen was fun...but the cuts bringing it down to 90 minutes were a bit awkward in places

How was the HD remaster?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Oh it looked great, though the visual quality difference from the outdoor quarry sets and the better interior sets was VERY noticeable in HD

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
they kept the giant clam right

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

they kept the giant clam right

I've never seen all of Genesis before...are you referring the the rock one of the mutate people was gonna use as a bludgeon?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

jivjov posted:

I've never seen all of Genesis before...are you referring the the rock one of the mutate people was gonna use as a bludgeon?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Huh...didn't see that at all. Either it was cut or i missed it

Edit: looked it up; it was cut.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

jivjov posted:

THANK you. That's what I wanted to know.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lightning Lord posted:

VNA isn't show canon AFAIK and I have no idea what happened in the audios so :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jivjov posted:

Edit: looked it up; it was cut.

Rusty's Gay Agenda strikes again!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Someone should tell him it’s not cool to go riffling through your father-in-law’s wardrobe.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

No celery and no exasperated expression for 5, 3/10

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Chokes McGee posted:

VNA isn't show canon AFAIK and I have no idea what happened in the audios so :shrug:

In Gallifrey she says she was dropped off by the Doctor for their Time Lord academy thing - under circumstances she can't clearly remember.
And then Braxiatel mind wipes her, and drops her off on Earth at the start of the Time War.

I don't believe there's been an audio with an official official "Thanks Proffessor, I'm off" send off.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

This is Doctor Who, there is no such thing as "canon", that princess is in another space castle.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
The only canon thing in Dr Who is Dimensions in Time.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

TinTower posted:

I didn't expect the whole "he's right behind me" pantomime schtick to be so good, but by God, it delivered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG_Nm9Iw7tI

This is the final variant of that gag

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

And my favourite!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I had a dream last night that there was a multi-Doctor episode with 8, 10, 11, and 3. Somebody else was playing 3, like they started with a clip of Pertwee like they did for Hartnell in the last one, and then it morphed into Sean Pertwee or whoever the ringer was.

Their costumes were really wierd too. But I was very excited to watch!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

For some reason now I want a multi doctor story with all the Prime number Doctors.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Doctor Zero posted:

For some reason now I want a multi doctor story with all the Prime number Doctors.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

I still remember the one where the computer tells them to get married.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Doctor Zero posted:

I only just realized that this is exactly what "The Five Doctors" was... at least all the Prime Number Doctors up to that point.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

After The War posted:

I only just realized that this is exactly what "The Five Doctors" was... at least all the Prime Number Doctors up to that point.

It's even got a not-really-but-still-kinda One!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Listening to the 8th Doctor Adventures after some early main range stuff and wow it's like watching Six in reverse. Instead of a manic depressive rear end in a top hat finally gaining confidence and happiness, I'm watching a happy go lucky adventurer get beaten down into a weary pulp :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jodie and the gang to appear at San Diego Comic Con

• Locked thread