Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Johnny Cage for Smash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
12 pm eastern

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

King of Solomon posted:

Just gonna throw this out there. It's not gonna happen because we're gonna get Simon, but...Richter Belmont.

duuuuuude

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
I'm hoping when they say "five new characters" they mean five NEW characters, and not try to pass off guys like Ice Climbers or Snake as new just because they weren't in Smash 4.

Some potential guesses:

A new Pokemon (Dedicueye or Mimikyu), Ridley, Spring Man, Simon Belmont, and Banjo-Kazooie?

A good mix of characters from old franchises, newcomers, and third party characters.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I don't think the five new characters statement is real

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Bomberman

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Super Smash Brothers are insanely good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Calling it:

Ridley will NOT be in this game

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Actually Ridley will be in this game

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

The Bloop posted:

Johnny Cage for Smash

I could see Sub-Zero getting in.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Calling it:

Ridley will NOT be in this game

He's in all he games as a trophy or background element so why would they break that now

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
As a favor for a friend I'll throw my hat in for Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. Please don't hurt me.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar
Doom Guy actually makes the most sense when you think about it. And the Binding of Isaac Fetus as well. This is gonna be rated M for sure.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
M. Bison

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

max figured it all out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLQYVsYZcdo

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

He's in all he games as a trophy or background element so why would they break that now

Charizard went from a Pokeball summon in the first two games, to one-third of a lovely team, to his own man. If a not-a-dragon-type could do it, surely a dragon could.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

toad except its this toad

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Super Smash Brothers.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Aston posted:

Super Smash Brothers.

:stare: holky gently caress

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

My body is ready.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Not long now.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Cranky Kong

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?
So I had a dream, but I’ll keep it brief:

Rawk Hawk.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Just got off the phone with Sakurai. Unfortunately I do not speak Japanese and frankly I'm a bit concerned about how he got my number

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

voltcatfish posted:

I don't think the five new characters statement is real

Where are people getting the five new characters statement

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Why the gently caress isn't it time yet?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Why the gently caress isn't it time yet?

I went to the gym this morning so I’m glad it’s not OP

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Where are people getting the five new characters statement

It's in the OP

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Seriously speaking, I'm at a loss at who the new five could be. We've already got all the big reps for each Nintendo franchise Smash 4. I feel like we've ran out.

And each Smash game since Brawl has started by announcing their left-field third party character, so odds are Smash 5 will likewise have an insane third-party pick. But who will it because? Because we've already got the big names like Mega Man, Pac Man, Ryu... I can't think of any other huge third party characters they can add that'll be as huge and representative of gaming.

Other than, of course, Doom Guy. And since we've had both Doom on the SNES and on the Switch...

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
5 new chars = Popo, Nana, Popo and Nana, Zelda + Sheik (both in 1 char!), Samus + ZSS

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Theta Zero posted:

Seriously speaking, I'm at a loss at who the new five could be. We've already got all the big reps for each Nintendo franchise Smash 4. I feel like we've ran out.

And each Smash game since Brawl has started by announcing their left-field third party character, so odds are Smash 5 will likewise have an insane third-party pick. But who will it because? Because we've already got the big names like Mega Man, Pac Man, Ryu... I can't think of any other huge third party characters they can add that'll be as huge and representative of gaming.

Other than, of course, Doom Guy. And since we've had both Doom on the SNES and on the Switch...

There's a reason noone requests nintendo chars anymore unless they're D-listers. The only B-list nintendo char that hasn't gotten in as a char is Toad. Every other prediction is crap like Sora, Goku, random space marine chars, other fighting game chars, and humble bundle indy game chars from games half the people who bought them havent installed yet.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

It will be Banjo Kazooie. Topic locked.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

multijoe posted:

It's in the OP

Oh I skipped over the whole thing cause I thought it was just a nonsense silly E3 OP :v:

But yeah I agree if they count Snake and Ice Climbers as "newcomers" I'm gonna be annoyed

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Last year we got three new characters so I see this as a bonus

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There are going to be new Pokemon

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'll pay $1000 for banjo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

RC Cola posted:

I'll pay $1000 for banjo

I'll pay $2000 for Shovel Knight

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Everyone stop posting until the announcement so I know when something happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Countblanc posted:

Everyone stop posting until the announcement so I know when something happened
NO.

Just wait until this thread has 200 new posts instead of just 50. That's your sign something happened.

Aston posted:

It will be Banjo Kazooie. Topic locked.
Well, that reminds me. Crash Bandicoot is coming to the Switch. That's a possibility.

But, and this is a big but, although Rare is owned by Microsoft, the big head of Rare said he'd absolutely love having a Rare rep in Smash. So Banjo Kazooie is another big possibility.