Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PS4 came out in 2013, so I guess 7 year life cycle isn't that bad. Crazy how time flies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Iacen posted:

So no real reason to buy a Bone X, and instead wait to see what the next thing will be? Doesn't seem entirely well thought through...

The new thing is a processor that you plug into the Bonex. You need both. And they'll just keep building up like that crazy sega tower.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So, have we seen any "Microsoft won by doing absolutely nothing" pics yet?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I feel bad for everyone that bought a 500 dollar console 8 months ago

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

All I learned from E3 so far was I'm gonna own a goddamn T51b helmet

You can also order the Pip Boy from the trailer from the Bethesda store for another $150.

You have to assemble it yourself though.

https://gear.bethesda.net/products/pip-boy-seedling-kit

AutomaticPrince fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 12, 2018

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Microsoft, as a conference, won

but is it really winning when XBOX, as a console, didn't do poo poo

seems like if anyone won it's Capcom, who had a great game revealed on every single system stage (DMC5, Resident Evil 2, Monster Hunter XX)

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
I was making "they're gonna call their next system the Xbox One X" jokes to myself the other day because I completely forgot that is what they actually called it.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
It's the 4th xbox, so industry standard says it must be rebooted.

Remake Xbox. ReBox. wait poo poo.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Xboy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They should number it by the version of direct x it uses and stop being cute

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
the Superior Home Interface Technology Box that will integrate with all your smart appliances.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Xbox One 2.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Xbox Infinite.

No joke there, I seriously think that'll be the name.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

Xbox Infinite.

It would make a lot of sense and be a good marketing push if they keep their current focus on BC

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Fulchrum posted:

Xbox Infinite.

so Halo Infinite will be a launch title?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I wish they didn't just release these new systems because of it "being time." I want to see a major jump again like going from SNES to N64 or PS1 to PS2 to PS3. I get that we are pretty close to the plateau of entertainment where there's only so much you can do in graphics and it will be more artstyle , but still.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

So is there any chance these Cyberpunk gameplay demos being show making their way for other people to see or are behind closed door demos like that never see the light of day?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

They call it Xbox Infinite because you see it, turn infinite degrees around, and walk into a parallel universe where it was a Sega console instead.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so apparently a bunch of cyberpunk gameplay may get released later today.

here are some details so far.

quote:

Cyberpunk Info from GameSpot Stream:
Game is FPS perspective
FPS perspective made to feel more personal
RPG with Shooter Elements not a Shooter with RPG elements
Multiple different progression systems (Skills, Perks, etc.)
V, protagonist - urban merc/hired gun.
Full character creation system (Gender, Looks, Lifepath/Backstory)
You DO NOT pick classes in the beginning, class system is fluid based on choices
Dystopian Cyberpunk future shown in sunlight on purpose. Full Day/Night Cycle. Noir themes bleed through environment and aesthetic
Characters from Cyberpunk 2020 lore will appear
Netrunner Techie and Solo are main focused classes
You can combine classes
Optional classes exist (like Rockerboy and Corporate) and you can pull perks from them to add into your own custom class
Story and quest system from Witcher 3 is implemented into Cyberpunk similarly.
Choice and consequence is HUGE. Emphasized that the game is an RPG first and foremost
Story is personalized by player choice.
Combat - Ranged combat and Melee combat. Learned lessons from Witcher 3. FPS Melee combat.
Weapons - 3 branches - Power Weapons (heavy hitting/stagger), Tech Weapons (penetrating through cover), Smart Weapons (tracking/following)
Vehicles - Motorcycles, Cars, hinted at flying cars.
V is a fully voiced character. Both Male and Female completely voiced.
V's personality is shaped by player. Backstory and interactions shape V's personality.
Cyberpunk is a dark dystopia in the same vein as Witcher 3 being Dark Fantasy
Details of the world - everything has a purpose. World design was a huge focus in setting the tone.
Night City - in between SF and LA (fictional city). Inspired by both cities.
6 unique districts in the city. Each area has its own feel on top of the base Noir feel
Exploration is encouraged.
Witcher was horizontally huge, Cyberpunk is vertically huge.
You can enter buildings, Mega Buildings exist as well with multiple floors and multiple areas to explore within a single building.
No level scaling. 2 forms of XP - Core XP - Main Missions and Street Cred - Side missions
Higher Street Cred opens new exclusive vendors and fixers (new jobs)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Fulchrum posted:

Xbox Eternal.

Fixed

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Silent Hill always did that

The hardest difficulty for puzzles in Silent Hill 3 was legendary. One required you to be very well read in Shakespeare, while another required you to take the perspective of a creepy stalker.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jun 12, 2018

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

DLC Inc posted:

seems like if anyone won it's Capcom, who had a great game revealed on every single system stage (DMC5, Resident Evil 2, Monster Hunter XX)

Capcom is kicking rear end rn

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It's a first person game??

Ouch.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Xbox Begins

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

No, Doom is using that.

Xbox Limitless?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Loving the nerds over at Resetera who have written off Cyberpunk 2077 sight unseen with the announcement that it's first-person

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sinteres posted:

Xbox Begins

Xbox Origins

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Harrow posted:

Loving the nerds over at Resetera who have written off Cyberpunk 2077 sight unseen with the announcement that it's first-person

lol

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Harrow posted:

I'm certainly not writing it off, and but it's really not what I wanted to hear. Still extremely hyped about the rest though.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
3rd person games suck unless they're Zelda or Mario, first person is good news :yeah:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Since character customization includes appearance, they almost certainly have a system that is first person for gameplay and third person for conversations. Unless every surface in Night City is reflective.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Harrow posted:

It's a bit of a downer, I'll admit, but I'll wait until I see gameplay. Too many good things were shown in playable form in the last few days to be too hung up over a cinematic pre-visualization.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Unless every surface in Night City is reflective.

Reflective windows in all buildings and mirrors in bathrooms, hell yes

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

just give me Bladerunner: The Game and i will be perfectly happy

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

First person sounds great hell yeah

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, being an immersive sim style RPG seems like it would fit better than being third person.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 12, 2018

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I was hoping for first person, so good news for me. Bonus points if you can look down and see what you have on and your arms+legs.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Radio Free Kobold posted:

just give me Bladerunner: The Game and i will be perfectly happy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_(1997_video_game)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dapper_Swindler posted:

This is one of my most anticipated games in years, holy poo poo

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Will Don Mattrick return to announce the next Xbox console?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I didn't even consider it would be anything but first person

but thinking about it more I guess a lot of people are gonna play it on console and console sucks first-person shootmans on console sucks

of course third person shootman on console sucks too so I dunno

• Locked thread