Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

just read Hal's posts again and I don't see anything suspicious at all. He's one of my strongest town reads now.

I guess I'll just disagree with you about everything today. Hal is a good scum player. He doesn't usually post "suspicious" things when he's scum or get caught making super sketchy arguments. So when I see a player like Hal kind of sitting on the sidelines and posting some reads and engaging with people but not really making any serious effort to find scum or provoke people through pointed accusations, that's a scum tell for me. It's a survival strategy, and it works.

What about his play is giving you such a strong town read?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I dunno I feel like I’m contributing as I always do and I made some reads but whatever

I’d probably vote merk since PMom was not very good and merk as scum would love to hide behind “this person is bad for town” third-party/whatever AS is case. See Westworld game for a perfect example

It’s fine wanting AS dead but to use it as an excuse to not case anyone else is scummmmmy especially three days in

##unvote
##vote merk

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm waiting to see how merk responds to my comments.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hal Incandenza posted:

I dunno I feel like I’m contributing as I always do and I made some reads but whatever

I’d probably vote merk since PMom was not very good and merk as scum would love to hide behind “this person is bad for town” third-party/whatever AS is case. See Westworld game for a perfect example

It’s fine wanting AS dead but to use it as an excuse to not case anyone else is scummmmmy especially three days in

##unvote
##vote merk
uh

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whenever merk arrives he will 100% vote AS until either he or AS is dead so let’s just do this and head that off

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

AS's claim of flavor and alignment seems to line up with that put forth by Mona, who was killed during the night and flipped an alignment other than town. Why is AS appreciably different in this regard?

AS said she would flip “Wild” which is different from “council” which maybe is semantics. Plus the PGO thing

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Yes? Just because he did what I said he would doesn’t make it town

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

AS said she would flip “Wild” which is different from “council” which maybe is semantics. Plus the PGO thing

Merk, it is very rude to change your name and avatar in the middle of a game, smh smh.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes? Just because he did what I said he would doesn’t make it town

I agree, I just find it odd that your using it as a case for merk being scum. seems like that action should be a null tell

Any thoughts on sober, podima or sal?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I agree, I just find it odd that your using it as a case for merk being scum. seems like that action should be a null tell

Any thoughts on sober, podima or sal?

It would be more of null tell on D1 but to use that as an excuse to not offer reads on D3 is more scummy

I’ll talk about those 3 in a minute hang on

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

It would be more of null tell on D1 but to use that as an excuse to not offer reads on D3 is more scummy

I’ll talk about those 3 in a minute hang on

I just replaced into the game. This looks pretty fake.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

AS's claim of flavor and alignment seems to line up with that put forth by Mona, who was killed during the night and flipped an alignment other than town. Why is AS appreciably different in this regard?

Atomic Soda posted:

i will flip 'wild-aligned' when i die, there is no confirmation that this is the scum alignment

EccoRaven posted:

Night 1: Monathin, Cornelia, Inquisitor (council-aligned cult cop), died.

Huh?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
AS is at best a third party.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Doesn't seem like anyone is claiming to be an asset here. Voting AS is probably right, especially since the PGO can be weaponized by the scum if they have the right roles.

I guess it could be a really sneaky lynch-bomb trick or something

Hal Incandenza posted:

Agreed ##vote AS

Hal Incandenza posted:

Do you have a better option? (besides me)

AS has boxed us in. Can't investigate. Scum won't kill. Will flip scum. They either stay around as a distraction or we get it over with.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean maybe if AS was in here dazzling us with reads it might be different but we have heard nothing but the claim and "I'm not good enough to play this role"

Bottom line is the 3 options are:

1 - AS is possibly telling the truth but we won't know until the game is over and it will be a permanent distraction and possibly used against town. Also who would want AS in a LYLO situation?
2 - AS is a jester and leaves the game when dead
3 - Is scum gambitting and we won't know until the game is over

If someone has a great non-AS scum case today, I'm all for looking at that. Otherwise AS is kind of a detriment to town going forward. If I were scum I would want AS around as long as possible after that claim unless I was totally convinced she was a master scum hunter who would break the game open if left alive.

All solid mafia theory.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I just replaced into the game. This looks pretty fake.

Well I was waiting to see if you came back. It's not fake to say when you WERE here you were like OK vote AS, later shitlords

But I'm interested in seeing where you go now

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

##unvote
##vote merk

This, however, stands out as fake. You've given no reads that matter in any way (Your Meinberg vote and AA votes are without explanation) and you agree with the position I've taken on AS. Yet, here you are with this vote right after I replaced into the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Sal is also someone I'd vote.

SalTheBard posted:

Let me make sure I understand:

AA cops Pod

Pod asks if he made a typo

AA thinks that's Pod confirming

AA misreads his PM

AA corrects a prior statement

Pod thinks that AA is lying about their claim

THIS GAME IS SO CONFUSING! I DON'T GET WHAT IS GOING ON! LET ME RESTATE FACTS IN A WAY THAT APPEARS TO BE HELPFUL WHEN IN FACT PROVIDES NO VALUE WHATSOEVER AT ACTUALLY FINDING SCUM! BY THE WAY I WONT ANALYZE ANYONE'S ALIGNMENT IN THIS WHOLE EXCHANGE

SalTheBard posted:

IS - Lean Scum. There are a couple of posts that he's made (especially in defense of some of his votes) that I don't like.
B- - Town. I'm not really wild about this fight with Pod because I like both of them. Really feel like B- is frustrated town
Hal - Has been providing reads, and has done a good job of pointing out others actions
Keane - Lean Scum. Mostly because of his posting surrounding the AA kill.

AS I have a question for you:

What made you change your mind from "Please kill me I'm a miller PGO" to "Ya I want to play, please don't kill me."?

He's leaning towards voting IS in a way that lets him explain it if he actually is required to by going back and doing the work. "a couple of posts" rings fake especially when you don't quote them.

This guy is trying to hide in plain sight.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

This, however, stands out as fake. You've given no reads that matter in any way (Your Meinberg vote and AA votes are without explanation) and you agree with the position I've taken on AS. Yet, here you are with this vote right after I replaced into the game.

I mean last game we were in together as scum you did exactly that to me when I was 3p so it's pretty fresh in my mind.

I am pretty sure I spoke quite a bit about AA before I ever voted them.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:siren: CCKeane, I am going to need you to claim actually.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Keane basically spent this entire game WIFOMing about council-aligned vs. wild-aligned. I'd also vote him. However, before we get to that, he needs to claim.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk what faction are you

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I do not intend to claim anything until CCKeane claims, but I'd be happy to do so when that occurs.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Yeah those sal posts ping me hard. Looking forward to what keane has to say. Still have a town read of Hal

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I have no idea how IS ended up as sal's strongest scumread.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I guess alasdair is just gonna lurk. Ffs

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Yeah those sal posts ping me hard. Looking forward to what keane has to say. Still have a town read of Hal

b-minus1 posted:

I have no idea how IS ended up as sal's strongest scumread.

I'm voting with you. IS is who you wanted to vote for.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 3 Votecount :c:

Hal Incandenza (2): Moatillata, -Moatillata, Moatillata, Slamburger
b-minus1 (1): IllegallySober
IllegallySober (1): b-minus1
merk (1): Hal Incandenza
Atomic Soda (1): merk
Podima (0): b-minus1, -b-minus1
CCKeane (0): Slamburger, -Slamburger

Not Voting (5): Alasdair Crawfish, Atomic Soda, CCKeane, Podima, SalTheBard

:h: With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is June 12th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 5 hours, 20 minutes from this post.

Note: the deadline will be a bit floating as I'll be donating blood and kinda loopy going into the deadline.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lolwut

You should only vote IS if you think he is scum, not because that’s who I am voting for.

Hmmm

Sal, who are your other scum reads? No one seems to think that IS is scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I'm voting with you. IS is who you wanted to vote for.

Yeah but WHY are you voting for IS. Because b-minus wants you to is not a reason.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

As a Keane fingerer :gay: I am interested to see what dirt merk has on him.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

We have to hit scum today. Sal and sober are sus af. Tomp scum reads along with pod

You like literally in this post said that IS is your top scum read.

@Hal, I'm not just voting for IS because B- wants me to.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hello, we need some votes to start coming down.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Here: ##unvote; ##vote Sal

I think AS is the right vote, but we need to get moving on some poo poo here.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'd also lynch Hal. Ok, let's put Hal at 3: ##unvote; ##vote Hal

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Illegally sober and podima mia

##unvote

##vote sal

I can’t bring myself to vote hal or convince anyone that IS and/or podima are scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Blahhhhh ##unvote ##vote Sal

I don't really get what merk's thing with needing Keane to claim before he can even tell us if he is town/council/wild/whatever

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I do not intend to claim anything until CCKeane claims, but I'd be happy to do so when that occurs.

Nah.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

oh great

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Why is Wild aligned appreciably different from Council aligned?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm calling merk out as having nothing and trying some nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm back briefly. After about the next hour I will be gone through deadline.

My scum read on B- has not changed but I've beat that horse to death today. If I die, someone please go back and look at his posts and the case I created since no one really wanted to earlier.

Between Hal and Sal, I had Sal as a scum read earlier, although I'm not dead-set one way or another. Can someone please link me to a case on Hal?

• Locked thread