Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Corla Plankun posted:

first it was "i need to be able to interrupt you, in person, in order to do my job", now this? please gently caress off

keep it up he's almost there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
van life:

I'm homeless but I'm rich so its cool; family members that I have a good relationship with let me use their home address for pesky things like drivers licenses and other daily bureaucracy

I clean up nice and socialize well so people are cool with me hanging out and mooching on their wifi all day while I edit photos and videos for my social media accounts that I make my income with through questionably ethical native advertising so I can call this employment

in 5 years when I decide to settle down i'll be an executive at one of these companies anyway, or just own my own, and living in a nice suburb

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the sprinter trend is loving annoying and poo poo and aughhhhhh

only thing worse is the same kids that pay a custom shop $35,000 for a cleaned up VW bus with a $100 mini fridge and a spare battery

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i surveyed the parking lot at 4 am at the nearby target/king soopers/mcdonalds strip, and there were FOURTEEN vans, buses or motorhomes clearly being slept in.

this is in one of denver's few lakefront neighborhoods

the housing situation is loving untenable

oh half of them are beat to poo poo 87 bagos and the other half are 110k Sprinters

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
"hey man, what's your instagram?"

"I''m....i'm actually homeless"

"oh..." *proceeds to call police for trespassing*

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

lancemantis posted:

"hey man, what's your instagram?"

"I''m....i'm actually homeless"

"oh..." *proceeds to call police for trespassing*

lmbo

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i surveyed the parking lot at 4 am at the nearby target/king soopers/mcdonalds strip, and there were FOURTEEN vans, buses or motorhomes clearly being slept in.

this is in one of denver's few lakefront neighborhoods

the housing situation is loving untenable

oh half of them are beat to poo poo 87 bagos and the other half are 110k Sprinters

ugh christ this makes me want to start checking out some of the walmart and similar parking lots here. disaster tourism in my own backyard or something. :-/

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i think the regional park near my neighborhood must have been marked on a "free" camping site or something; I've noticed vans out there in the evening from time to time lately

its kind of out of the way, not really patrolled, and the gates just on a timer so if you're in by the right time its all good I guess

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

SO DEMANDING posted:

ugh christ this makes me want to start checking out some of the walmart and similar parking lots here. disaster tourism in my own backyard or something. :-/

i just check out ur post history

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

President Beep posted:

i just check out ur post history

:supaburn:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bump

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
bumpity bump bump

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

yeah

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
bump

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I was dicking around on goog maps at work and now i want to gently caress off to iceland for about a week but if i could go to svalbard and get owned by a polar bear that would be cool too

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
panserbjrn :black101:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have 9 days of vacation coming up and heck I'm not even prepared to camp at a camp site but I'm planning out some day hikes to do during that time.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Silver Alicorn posted:

les stroud brings a harmonica on his adventures to keep boredom away

I was thinking of getting an ocarina

if you get tired you can play the bolero of fire to teleport home instantly

President Beep posted:

as an avowed omnivore that is too much of a babby to kill his own food i really cant look down at such a pass time.

trophy hunters on the other hand... :toughguy:

you should only be allowed to hunt wolves and bears if you enter into the drawing pool for a tag lottery for being hunted as the most dangerous game

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
You can play Beck's Bolero and summon a muscle car.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
give me an old Strela-3 and a flight plan for a wolf hunting helicopter

Illusive Fuck Man
Jul 5, 2004
RIP John McCain feel better xoxo 💋 🙏
Taco Defender

jony neuemonic posted:

touching computers is rotting my brain out of my skull but nothing else i can do pays enough to survive in this capitalist hellworld.

salted hash browns
Mar 26, 2007
ykrop
bump

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I went backpacking and was in pain the entire time but it was delightful

when I returned home I was immediately angry, bored, and anxious again

ftge

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

frolic this great earth

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

frolic this great earth

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

frolic this gay earth

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
tempted to buy this van and wander into the wilds never to be seen again https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/2017-ram-promaster-camper/6612393267.html

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

tempted to buy this van and wander into the wilds never to be seen again https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/2017-ram-promaster-camper/6612393267.html

do not do #vanlife

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Jonny 290 posted:

do not do #vanlife

Its a really cool lookin van thou

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

for very limited values of 'wilds' since this giant 2wd low-clearance van on all-seasons will probably just about manage a carefully-maintained gravel road, and you paid $72k for it anyway

the wilds of KOA campgrounds

theodop
Dec 30, 2005

rock solid, heart touching
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxGw1d2RO1U

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

ADINSX posted:

Its a really cool lookin van thou

expensive as gently caress too. yowza.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
there are like four sprinters that think they're being slick by parking in the sooper's parking lot every night. i see you

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Jonny 290 posted:

do not do #vanlife

jonny i hear you, but what if i did?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

jonny i hear you, but what if i did?

you better airbrush a big fuckin' wizard on that sumbtich

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

SO DEMANDING posted:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

for very limited values of 'wilds' since this giant 2wd low-clearance van on all-seasons will probably just about manage a carefully-maintained gravel road, and you paid $72k for it anyway

the wilds of KOA campgrounds

Thats why you strap a drz on the back or something. The van is just your hotel room

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SO DEMANDING posted:

i'm thinking of commissioning DSZ to do art for a motorcycle jacket patch

SORRY IM SLOW

NEW RIDER

MY BALLS ARE SWEATIN

etc

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i'm thinking of commissioning DSZ to do art for a motorcycle jacket patch

SORRY IM SLOW

NEW RIDER

MY BALLS ARE SWEATIN

etc

IF YOU CAN READ THIS MY BALLS A RE SWEATIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

I want a campervan but just for camping. #vanlife is for trust fund kids on vacation and hobos