Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

b-minus1 posted:

Illegally sober and podima mia

##unvote

##vote sal

I can’t bring myself to vote hal or convince anyone that IS and/or podima are scum.

I'd vote either IS or Pod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

CCKeane posted:

I'd vote either IS or Pod.

Lol are you serious

Why not sal

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Lol are you serious

Why not sal

Didn't say I wouldn't vote Sal.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

I'm voting with you. IS is who you wanted to vote for.

SalTheBard posted:

@Hal, I'm not just voting for IS because B- wants me to.

For right now I'm moving my vote to Sal.

##unvote
##vote Sal

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm likely gone from this point forward. Please dunk a scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote; ##vote Sal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

You like literally in this post said that IS is your top scum read.

@Hal, I'm not just voting for IS because B- wants me to.

Ok that’s cool but why...

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

##unvote; ##vote Sal

So any more thoughts on Keane or does him not claiming mean you have nothing to add?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

merk posted:

##unvote; ##vote Sal

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

HMMMMMM

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

Please summarise entire game for me

youre worthless. why did you even join th game

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Merk are you scum?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Read the whole game again while biking, here’s unedited thoughts from my phone notes. Will be settled and around in a bit. Summary, id vote Sal, Hal, or Alasdair.

===

Keane good, didn’t shy away from as’ claim, posts make perfect sense in context of last game where scum couldn’t talk. Volunteered flavor first . Posting like town Keane, same as last game together

Most good, clearly “on” this game and making good points . Oddity around AA’s claim based on some thinking I have but not enough to push atm

Is sketchy, early game awkward. Back and forth on them but the “pod was likely the kill” being weird af. Undecided , frustration and offer to thundersome bminus feels real

Hal sketchy, danced around as’ claim, didn’t commit to a vote and then swapped to “boxed in” to “detriment to town going forward” - Mona called this out. Still hasn’t done much real casing

Fisk’s posting early game was bad, constant shade on AS to try and remove the pho? Meinberg was bad, so is Alasdair. Meinberg danced around the me/aa thing without committing till it was foregone, and didn’t do much actual casing besides

Slam really wanted AS dead, lots of game theory talk. Picks it up later. Overall ok, nothing jumps out.

Pmom’s posting is fine, Merck’s is of dubious usefulness to start. Seen merk jump on tbe “you need to claim” bing as town gambit before. At first his being stuck on AS bothered me but he’s branched out and done reads

Sal keeps responding immediately time wise when mentioned - defensive, reading but not posting until called out is scummy. Makes statements and then walks them back when challenged “assume council is scum” without actually driving further to point out/vote the remaining claimed council. Fishing. Says Fisk is scummy but won’t extend that to his replacement meinberg when pressed. Sal says Hal has been providing reads? Need to ask what reads he means

B minis, when I sat down to do this reread this paragraph jumps out at me enough to quote
“This part is all based on my personal meta spec, but gently caress it nobody else is posting anyway: Town or scum, podima knows that I'm town. he reads every mafia game and certainly has a feel for my meta. If podima is scum, then this would explain why he hasn't legitimately cased me, even though I have dodged a few of his posts asking me for specific reads/explanations. So his scum partner IS has to do the dirty work and try to convince the town to lynch me. He tried it yesterday (or was it d1), and now he's doing it again lol. “

Starts by saying in town or scum but know he’s town because of his meta, and then says that I’m scum because I haven’t cased him - but (deliberately?) ignores tbe “I’m town and know he’s town” option in favor of tying me to IS while admitting he’s dodged stuff. Could be frustrated town feeling vehement about someone enough to not bother with non scum options

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

Hal - Has been providing reads, and has done a good job of pointing out others actions

Can you please point to the reads that you were thinking of when you made this post, Sal?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Slamburger posted:

I guess I'll just disagree with you about everything today. Hal is a good scum player. He doesn't usually post "suspicious" things when he's scum or get caught making super sketchy arguments. So when I see a player like Hal kind of sitting on the sidelines and posting some reads and engaging with people but not really making any serious effort to find scum or provoke people through pointed accusations, that's a scum tell for me. It's a survival strategy, and it works.

What about his play is giving you such a strong town read?

Highlighting this post, btw.

b-minus1 posted:

I agree, I just find it odd that your using it as a case for merk being scum. seems like that action should be a null tell

Any thoughts on sober, podima or sal?

Hal Incandenza posted:

It would be more of null tell on D1 but to use that as an excuse to not offer reads on D3 is more scummy

I’ll talk about those 3 in a minute hang on

Hey Hal can you finish this thought here, please?

---

Still a bit annoyed that bminus seems to be the only one commenting on Alasdair's lurking but I'm not going to start a ruckus about it this close to deadline - though my feelings about them are far more based on Meinberg's posting than Alasdair's absence. They should get modkilled at this point IMO.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I agree.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
pod wanna vote hal with me?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

LOL thats a big change from thinking I was town what happened

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##unvote
##vote Hal

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

LOL thats a big change from thinking I was town what happened

You respond to him immediately but not my question?

b-minus1 posted:

I do want to know what changed your mind from saying Hal was one of your strongest town reads for a while though.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Yeah b minus' post should have been accompanied by the sound of screeching tires, or a record needle scratching.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

Highlighting this post, btw.

Hey Hal can you finish this thought here, please?

---

meh... IS I said earlier for the most part I don't like, but his more recent posting at least makes him seem like he is making reads as opposed to earlier in the day when he was just posting noise.

You... I dunno you seem off to me. You pop in with these long posts but I don't feel like there is a through-line to any of your casing. You have some surface reads of everyone but nothing feels consistent. I just don't know what to make of GOTCHA with AA which seemed like such a complete nothing and I still don't get why you thought you had something there. The explanation still didn't address the fact that he had your flavor pretty much down and the "well he got lucky guessing" is dumb. I would probably lean scum or non-town of some sort on you based on posting alone.

Sal is Sal, I still see him as someone who always makes awkward posts. His reluctance to answer the questions about IS today are bothering me though, I think he's a fine vote.

I stand by my points on merk, I still think he's barely said anything even after he showed up and PinMom's stuff is pretty neutral to me.

I also would be fine getting rid of AS, that has not changed.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

You respond to him immediately but not my question?

I had to take time to respond to you. I'm at work and trying to post around my work, which means I have to find time to sit down at a laptop to write anything of substance, which I am now doing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Reminder that I am a reverse death miller so when you see my town flip remember I was really the scum all along.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
lol im just kidding pod. felt like you were trying to convince town to swtich to sal. there isnt a chance in hell ill vote for hal haha.

which makes keanes vote sus af

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also come on, Slamburger saying me "not making pointed cases and serious accusations" is a scumtell, please show me any game where I do this as any alignment

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

lol im just kidding pod. felt like you were trying to convince town to swtich to sal. there isnt a chance in hell ill vote for hal haha.

which makes keanes vote sus af

That's fine.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
scum hoping for a no lynch. nobody wants to vote sal lmao

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
hello sorry i overslept!

don't like this

Atomic Soda posted:

so you weren't asking me because you were suspicious of what you call a change in attitude, but because you were curious?

SalTheBard posted:

Nope. Was genuinely curious.

mostly cause merk was laying his vote down and it feels like sal could have been trying to get aboard that. could be a sal thing though

catching up

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

scum hoping for a no lynch. nobody wants to vote sal lmao

I'll be about and will swing onto the vote leader.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'll vote Sal don't fret. I'm not hasty to end the day early though.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Podima posted:

Could be a useful 41 minutes, like we could watch a good chunk of a West Wing episode or something.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Podima posted:

do you actually think he's scum though?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

meh... IS I said earlier for the most part I don't like, but his more recent posting at least makes him seem like he is making reads as opposed to earlier in the day when he was just posting noise.

You... I dunno you seem off to me. You pop in with these long posts but I don't feel like there is a through-line to any of your casing. You have some surface reads of everyone but nothing feels consistent. I just don't know what to make of GOTCHA with AA which seemed like such a complete nothing and I still don't get why you thought you had something there. The explanation still didn't address the fact that he had your flavor pretty much down and the "well he got lucky guessing" is dumb. I would probably lean scum or non-town of some sort on you based on posting alone.

Sal is Sal, I still see him as someone who always makes awkward posts. His reluctance to answer the questions about IS today are bothering me though, I think he's a fine vote.

I stand by my points on merk, I still think he's barely said anything even after he showed up and PinMom's stuff is pretty neutral to me.

I also would be fine getting rid of AS, that has not changed.

Eh no.

Your IS read is empty air.
I explained my issues with AA at length.
Your wishy-washy vibe on Sal doesn't make me feel good - it's D3, the time to excuse Sal for being Sal is done. This is the only thing I sort of agree with you with, and it's not even a strong stance you're taking.
Also, I was ready to brush off merk too originally but he picked it up near the end today. He's given multiple reads, including on you, and your willingness to brush that off is telling. (I also don't love the way he says you were posting "solid mafia theory" as if that's a valid replacement for meaningful casing, but that's another topic.)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

b-minus1 posted:

do you actually think he's scum though?

Podima posted:

Sal keeps responding immediately time wise when mentioned - defensive, reading but not posting until called out is scummy. Makes statements and then walks them back when challenged “assume council is scum” without actually driving further to point out/vote the remaining claimed council. Fishing. Says Fisk is scummy but won’t extend that to his replacement meinberg when pressed. Sal says Hal has been providing reads? Need to ask what reads he means

Podima posted:

it's D3, the time to excuse Sal for being Sal is done. This is the only thing I sort of agree with you with, and it's not even a strong stance you're taking.

(yes)

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Moatillata posted:

Pushing AS's lynch seems like a cop out especially with the lack of NK last night. Not a fan.

I invite everyone to vote Hal who is not responding my my vote pressure to put out reads or info maybe some more pressure will make him

##vote hal

do you think hal was pushing my lunch today?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Podima posted:

i would like some more time to catchup so that would be good : )

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

merk posted:

AS is at best a third party.

what third party do you think i am merk, given my claim and everything?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Podima posted:

Eh no.

Your IS read is empty air.
I explained my issues with AA at length.
Your wishy-washy vibe on Sal doesn't make me feel good - it's D3, the time to excuse Sal for being Sal is done. This is the only thing I sort of agree with you with, and it's not even a strong stance you're taking.
Also, I was ready to brush off merk too originally but he picked it up near the end today. He's given multiple reads, including on you, and your willingness to brush that off is telling. (I also don't love the way he says you were posting "solid mafia theory" as if that's a valid replacement for meaningful casing, but that's another topic.)

Oh gee don't ask if you are just going to be dismissive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

merk posted:

All solid mafia theory.

merk posted:

This, however, stands out as fake. You've given no reads that matter in any way (Your Meinberg vote and AA votes are without explanation) and you agree with the position I've taken on AS. Yet, here you are with this vote right after I replaced into the game.

the posts quoted from hal are all day 1, when my claim was the focus of discussion. i'm a little suss of hal but three days have passed since then, do you think he's not allowed to change his position?

• Locked thread