Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beats
Oct 21, 2010

Rinkles posted:

is- is that ME1 style film grain?

there's also elevators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Doorknob Slobber posted:

prey was absolute poo poo because first person so you guys might be on to something here

:raise:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

is- is that ME1 style film grain?

if you don't put post processing film grain, bloom, chromatic aberration and dof blur in your modern game the video game authorities come and revoke your license

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Prey had a really bad it was all a dream/simulation bullshit ending but otherwise was very fun

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Your Computer posted:

if you don't put post processing film grain, bloom, chromatic aberration and dof blur in your modern game the video game authorities come and revoke your license

Don't forget massive motion blur, as mandated by law in at least two dozen Countries.

beats
Oct 21, 2010
I unironically like per-object motion blur. Come at me.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

beats posted:

Come at me.

I'm sorry, I only 1v1 people who can actually see who they're fighting.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 13, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Heh, imagine having opinions about video games?
loving baby nerdling, geez, I swear.

beats
Oct 21, 2010

Ah yeah now we're talking. Look at that poo poo. My immersion is off the charts

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

beats posted:

Ah yeah now we're talking. Look at that poo poo. My immersion is off the charts

I laughed, touché.

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004
This game is making me hope I can buy a ~34" ultrawide OLED HDR monitor by the time it is out. Having perfect blacks and vibrant neons would make the atmosphere perfect. I'll live with some input lag.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
One last interview for the day coming up very soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwCuWyq0fHQ
https://www.twitch.tv/e3coliseum

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The game is , at least, one year away right?

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jun 13, 2018

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
The only thing I care about with the first-person perspective is this: oh god please let me turn off headbob, it makes me so motion sick, please CD Projekt.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
People should care less about the camera and more about the thousands of gifs this new open world game will generate. Witcher 3 had so many.

Roach, to this day, will walk with his legs above his head sometimes.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mike Pondsmith must be having the time of his loving life right now.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
gently caress these guys are struggling. How do you even do this interview when you can't show what you're referring to and want to shy away from comparing the gameplay to another game. I like that they're reiterating that the game is a narrative RPG over and over when asked about poo poo like bioshock.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oh god, imagine a kojima-helmed CDPR game, what fresh hell have you unleashed

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm still ridiculously hyped for the game but I wish it was 3rd Person, I hadn't even considered that it wouldn't be :smith:

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Jerusalem posted:

I'm still ridiculously hyped for the game but I wish it was 3rd Person, I hadn't even considered that it wouldn't be :smith:

It has a heavy gun focus.

Now you CAN make 3rd person gunners, but they're not the norm.

Not surprised at all frankly, and if it's done well I don't really care :downs:

Honestly, I assumed it would be going the Deus Ex route to begin with.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
First person is preferable for guns unless it's something like Max Payne. Ghost Recon: Wildlands is third person shooting and the switching between scoped/over the shoulder aimed shooting is kind of a mess and sub-optimal.

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.

Jerusalem posted:

I'm ridiculously hyped for the game BECAUSE it's in first person.

Hell, even Human Revolution's third-person takedowns annoyed me.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Nomenclature posted:

I'm ridiculously hyped for the game BECAUSE it's in first person.

Hell, even Human Revolution's third-person takedowns annoyed me.

Exactly the same. I hated those loving takedowns, but I am going to assume melee is more dynamic in this game rather than being a one button system. If they just do takedowns in first person it will be much better than cutting away so you can punch someone, then feel disoriented for a moment at the snap back to 1st person.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Taintrunner posted:

oh god, imagine a kojima-helmed CDPR game, what fresh hell have you unleashed

You'd have to imagine it, because that game would never actually come out

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The nice thing about it being first person is maybe someone gets it working with VR via VorpX or something, and then you can trap yourself in the nightmare world forever

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
The best part about first-person is you will actually be able to move around in cramped conditions? Like, personally I loved it, but wasn't the movement system one of the biggest complaints about Witcher3?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I hope there will be a 3rd person option because I prefer that over 1st person 100% of the time.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

vandalism posted:

I hope there will be a 3rd person option because I prefer that over 1st person 100% of the time.

They confirmed there is absolutely no 3rd person about ten minutes ago.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I just get more hyped the more I see/hear about this. Gotta keep it down though, considering this game is probably not coming out in years :v:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I did not expect the camera choice to be so controversial. Might be amplified by there being few other specifics to latch onto.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

JBP posted:

They confirmed there is absolutely no 3rd person about ten minutes ago.

Welp. I will still get it because I love the witcher series, but goddamn. Like how hard is it to make that poo poo optional? Maybe there will be a mod.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

vandalism posted:

Yeah, the only third-person will be when driving vehicles. Cutscenes/dialogue will be third-person. Mirrors exist, sounds like merchants will have some third person stuff. Seems like they are keeping the VR-option open!

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Yeah, the only third-person will be when driving vehicles. Cutscenes/dialogue will be third-person. Mirrors exist, sounds like merchants will have some third person stuff. Seems like they are keeping the VR-option open!

I feel like CDPR is such a cool studio that if enough people request at least the option, they will make it happen.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Without any big details in the last interview they said:

- No 3rd person outside of vehicles
- Driving isn't central, the game is structured around you being in tight, dense districts
- You can get cars and motorbikes
- There are traditional cut scenes and inven screens to see your cool man
- 1st person is allegedly important to NPC interactions and roleplaying
- The game is not a shooter, it's an RPG with shooter elements
- They aren't discounting multiplayer components, but the game they are making is a single player narrative RPG

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

vandalism posted:

Welp. I will still get it because I love the witcher series, but goddamn. Like how hard is it to make that poo poo optional? Maybe there will be a mod.

Because one aspect always sucks really hard. Playing something like Skyrim in 3rd person is dire.

Like, you're probably going to get more out of the game by playing it the way the devs envision it rather than picking a subpar alternative. I'd have been happy with either, but I think for this kind of game that 1st person is really going to own.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'd prefer Third Person but I don't care about it enough to have a strong opinion on the subject. If they insist FP is important for their vision sure, go ahead, hope it works.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Rinkles posted:

I did not expect the camera choice to be so controversial.

I'm definitely in the camp of hadn't even considered that it wouldn't be 3rd, just from their history. So I can see how it'd be a bit controversial just from the surprise.

Personally I don't care either way, but there are people who don't do well with 1st person due to motion sickness or controls issues, so they'd be legitimately upset by the news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

vandalism posted:

that's not really how games work

When you're in first person, there isn't a fully modelled 3D model with animations behind the camera. You can't just pull the camera back and make it a 3rd person mod.