Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

That was sometime last year. All shields reduce C4 damage if they're facing it, Montagne ignores even more.

That's loving bullshit. Bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit this a dumb and broken game whoever made that choice should be fired and their family ruined financially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Tumble posted:

That's loving bullshit. Bullshit bullshit bullshit bullshit this a dumb and broken game whoever made that choice should be fired and their family ruined financially.

Grats on having the worst opinion ever in the siege thread

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I heard having big slabs of metal in front of you shouldn't prevent an explosion from killing you.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Count Bleck posted:

I heard having big slabs of metal in front of you shouldn't prevent an explosion from killing you.

Not from a foot away it shouldn't, no.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Tumble posted:

Not from a foot away it shouldn't, no.

Before this change Monty was basically useless as he could block bullets, but a c4 anywhere near him and he would be blowed up.

The game is better this way

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I require complete realism in my video game about shootymen with hologram decoys, remote controlled nanobots and cloaking technology.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
i'd like to start my final thesis on realism in Siege but first let me finish this post about how Alibi is :siren:LITERALLY pay2win:siren: because her entire ability is based on tactical trickery and god dammit the people playing these characters a week earlier have an absolute objective adjantage over the standard edition peasants will have to wait so long that everyone will learn how to deal with her most basic strats like doing this bullshit:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

She...she's standing in one place! Can she do that?!?!?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Tumble posted:

Throw the C4 behind them. Either they'll turn and you or someone else can shoot them, or you blow them up. :shrug:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, has anyone gone against opponents who use the (generic, non-Maestro) bullet-proof camera, yet? Since I've played quite a lot since the update released, however the only people who have used the camera (thus far) have been my own teammates.

Can Thatcher's EMP destroy them entirely, or does it just temporarily disable them, like with the prisma and evil eye? (Which is stupid, I feel; his EMP should be able to fry them, like with everything else) Also curious about whether Sledge's hammer can smash them as well, I suppose.
Also, in the description it says it's protected from the front by plate glass, which you can clearly see - so I assume you can shoot it from the other side of unreinforced walls, to destroy it? (And what about from the side/edges? Since IIRC there's a narrow gap that appears to be exposed, behind where the plate glass is bolted on. If you go up to the camera, can you shoot the very edge behind the glass and destroy it that way, or?)

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Count Bleck posted:

I agree so long as the shield user is then punted away from the explosion and through any unreinforced walls they hit. Reinforced will result in death.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
You can shoot them from the side, did it earlier tonight. Not sure about the rest though.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

You can shoot them from the side, did it earlier tonight. Not sure about the rest though.

Excellent, that's fine - that's the main one I was curious about. Thanks! Now all I need is for one of my opponents to actually use the drat things! :v:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

you can put them in really funny unconventional places that people aren't used to yet because nothing could deploy there before

same with the evil eyes

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I hate the new camera UI but only because I'm not used to it. It's very nice otherwise.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The true power of the evil eye isn't its ability to zap things but the fact that it's a place-where-you-want camera that they have to burn an explosive to get rid of (unless they brought sledge, and then he has to get to it).

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I had a good round with Maestro earlier. One guy put down a claymore in front of a barricaded door next to the objective and I removed that. Then I spotted them and one guy got taken out from lasers and being shot at by team mate. Then the other team mate went up a level and flanked them while they were distracted.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I watched a few videos from MacieJay and the other streamers you all recommended, and things are finally starting to click into place. In the last two days I've gotten my first run out, first throwing c4 up a hatch kill, first mvp, and got 4 kills in 1 round. Almost to the elusive ace!

I think what has helped the most is thinking about why I died each time. It seems simple but hard to do sometimes. I'm also gaining more awareness of the map and how the sound system works. Getting used to the way the different materials sound, and the difference between someone in the next room over vs two rooms over has really given me a boost.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Tumble posted:

Lol shut the gently caress up.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Orv posted:

Like physically off the prism?

As in behind, like placing two prismas in a row, me acting as the caboose of hologram train. I guess trying to peek at the bank backdoor wasn't a good idea because people don't really care about being spotted until they get close to the objective.

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Major Isoor posted:

So, has anyone gone against opponents who use the (generic, non-Maestro) bullet-proof camera, yet? Since I've played quite a lot since the update released, however the only people who have used the camera (thus far) have been my own teammates.

Can Thatcher's EMP destroy them entirely, or does it just temporarily disable them, like with the prisma and evil eye? (Which is stupid, I feel; his EMP should be able to fry them, like with everything else) Also curious about whether Sledge's hammer can smash them as well, I suppose.
Also, in the description it says it's protected from the front by plate glass, which you can clearly see - so I assume you can shoot it from the other side of unreinforced walls, to destroy it? (And what about from the side/edges? Since IIRC there's a narrow gap that appears to be exposed, behind where the plate glass is bolted on. If you go up to the camera, can you shoot the very edge behind the glass and destroy it that way, or?)

Coreross had a video on them. Pop the wall, shoot it in the side on the camera bit, hit it with HE or iirc Sledge it. Thatcher just temp scrambles them.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Thief posted:

you can put them in really funny unconventional places that people aren't used to yet because nothing could deploy there before

same with the evil eyes

There's that spot on Border where you can get up onto some shelf in that room between Armory Lockers and Offices (1st floor). I've had someone place the Evil Eye up there and let me tell you it's a bitch to get rid off.
Fortunately, if you start planting a defuser with full health, and Maestro decides to shoot you as you plant, the lasers will bring you down to 20, not kill you. Almost stopped our Ying/Monty plant there but we still pulled it off.
On the topic of the Bulletproof cam I've been running it on Frost now, it's great for overseeing long, straight corridors. It's also new enough that most people will ignore it if you camouflage it even a little bit. It can be destroyed from the side the even by a Twitch drone, gotta watch out for that. Also speaking of Ying I feel new love for her as I rediscovered how good the lmg is, you can just hose down an entrance with bullets and more often than not get at least some hits on people going "surely he'll reload now" and peeking you. The fast lean change also helps. Man this patch feels amazing overall.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nebiros posted:

Coreross had a video on them. Pop the wall, shoot it in the side on the camera bit, hit it with HE or iirc Sledge it. Thatcher just temp scrambles them.

Yeah they've been stealth nerfing the poo poo out of Thatcher lately. Literally every new gadget they've added is no longer destroyed by him. Pretty garbage.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Yeah they've been stealth nerfing the poo poo out of Thatcher lately. Literally every new gadget they've added is no longer destroyed by him. Pretty garbage.

Attackers shouldn't have an operator that has the ability to just blow up every gadget in a fairly large radius, three times over. He already destroys anti-breach gadgets and most other gadgets in the game, it's fine that they're making him disable a bunch of stuff instead of just blowing it up for free.

Thatcher EMPs shouldn't even destroy gu mines IMO, it should just permanently disable their camo instead.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lemon-Lime posted:

Attackers shouldn't have an operator that has the ability to just blow up every gadget in a fairly large radius, three times over. He already destroys anti-breach gadgets and most other gadgets in the game, it's fine that they're making him disable a bunch of stuff instead of just blowing it up for free.

Thatcher EMPs shouldn't even destroy gu mines IMO, it should just permanently disable their camo instead.

Defenders shouldn't have a lot of things but they still have them. Plus one-third of his unique gadget is not really "for free." That's like saying Hibana opens walls for free.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Defenders shouldn't have a lot of things but they still have them. Plus one-third of his unique gadget is not really "for free." That's like saying Hibana opens walls for free.

Yeah, I agree for sure. I mean, personally I think I'd like it better if they reduced the range of his EMP so that it's not quite so huge, but in exchange make it so that it destroys the new gadgets. Seems like a fair trade-off, so that you can't just toss an EMP onto the floor of the room above, then clear out nearly the entire objective room's worth of gadgets.

(Although, that being said I do agree with what Lemon-Lime said, too - the EMP definitely shouldn't destroy gu mines; only remove their camo. And maybe also make a tiny continuous spark effect as well, to make the little pricks slightly more noticeable)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I think that'd be neat, I'm all for it. Interesting interactions with certain gadgets are a whole different ball game from lazily excluding gadgets at random and making them turn off for X seconds instead.

It kinda feels like they decided at some point that they actually wanted Thatcher to temporarily disable things to encourage timing or something but they didn't want to devote manpower to rework him so they just started using that design decision going forward instead.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Does Twitch disable or destroy the evil eyes? Does it change if the shields open?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Plus one-third of his unique gadget is not really "for free."

It doesn't require him to expose himself to any real danger and it has no counter.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It kinda feels like they decided at some point that they actually wanted Thatcher to temporarily disable things to encourage timing or something but they didn't want to devote manpower to rework him so they just started using that design decision going forward instead.

I agree with this. Personally, I'd much rather Thatcher grenades disable everything for a long-ish amount of time rather than just blow gadgets up. :shrug:

It would be nice if they could just be consistent either way, though.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Flipswitch posted:

Does Twitch disable or destroy the evil eyes? Does it change if the shields open?

She disables it, and no.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That gave me an erection.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lemon-Lime posted:

Attackers shouldn't have an operator that has the ability to just blow up every gadget in a fairly large radius, three times over.

You mean like a Fuze? :grin:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Lemon-Lime posted:

It doesn't require him to expose himself to any real danger and it has no counter.

Jaeger's ADS can get 'em if you're unlucky, but yeah. He's got the "Defenders get hosed" button and it's easy to use. Some maps, like Oregon, even let him toss 'em on the roof!

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
If Thatcher were added in 2018, we'd get endless threads about power creep. "An attacker that can destroy half of the defenders' gadgets just by pressing a button? WTF!!"

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Imagine Jagers rifle if they added it now. Ah gently caress Ela nevermind.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

gently caress you maestro https://streamable.com/m92de

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Nah Maestro is great

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I love Thatcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poodlebear
Aug 24, 2006

but if y'all put
feathers on a dog
that don't make it
no chicken
do any goons play this on console (ps4)? where do I find you? please save me from all these young boys