Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!

Basticle posted:

Wasnt the Spark Shot very good against the walking plant monsters (which you encountered like 3 times total) ?

*edit* I'm thinking of Leon's equivilent which was the flamethrower

It's actually not that bad against either Birken boss on the tram/elevator thing to the lab (at least in Claire A, can't recall how good it is in Claire B). Which is good, since you get it right before that. Otherwise, leave it on the corpse unless you're just hurting for ammo. It *might* be good against Dog-Birken or Mr. X, but I haven't actually carried it that far, because usually when I'm done with the boss fight the thing's at like 20-40% ammo and thus I don't want to waste two item slots on like four to eight shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Basticle posted:

Wasnt the Spark Shot very good against the walking plant monsters (which you encountered like 3 times total) ?

*edit* I'm thinking of Leon's equivilent which was the flamethrower

flamethrower suuucks + it brings down your rank,watch as the evolved lickers just slice the gently caress out of you as the flamethrower gives them a gentle back massage.

God i hope they do a new game + and let you carry over the super shotgun :pray:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
If Leon has a noir costume again then the Chicago Typewriter better come with it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so are melee finishers in? power bombing a zombie is one of life's great joys.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Basticle posted:

It just hit me that the only mainline game I can't play anymore is Code Veronica because I don't have a PS2 anymore. Capcom, do the needful and port that poo poo to Steam!

It's on Xbox 360 and might be on Xbone too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg44Ns7mjw8
7 minutes of RE2 off-screen gameplay

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Very rude of Leon there. Fat Zombie just wanted a candy bar from the machine.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Heh, that part where Leon shortens some dead guy's legs. Also the face just before that.

Edit: Suplexes and roundhouses probably aren't back but the good old "knock down and knife" sure is.

Double Edit: Defensive weapons it looks like? The fat zombie grabbed Leon, he stabbed it, and the knife stayed in the zombie.

Triple Edit: lol instead of everything being locked up because the Chief deliberately sabotaged the station it looks like at least some of the weapons and ammo will be locked off because some jackass pried the number keys off a keypad for a joke

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jun 12, 2018

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
new design for Leon is looking good, right blend of realistic design and RE super sentai-like color coding

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's a joke. About how some people are extremely quick to judge a game in the dumbest fashion. Specifically by assuming the focus on a specific thing in game media means it's the only thing in the game.

Specifically a joke at how this thread was full of people going "looks like a lovely Outlast clone" from E3 2016 until right before RE7 came out.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Not that I mind, but are some of those assets straight out of RE7? That fuse box and the part where Leon cuts throught ducttape seemed awfully familiar.

Hot drat do I want this game.

Budohead
Feb 13, 2011

Head Case

Kibayasu posted:

Double Edit: Defensive weapons it looks like? The fat zombie grabbed Leon, he stabbed it, and the knife stayed in the zombie.

One of the lockers has a knife in it, they're like the self-defense daggers from REmake apparently

e: Here's hoping the grenades are in too

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Going to be a 15 minute gameplay demo for RE2 here in about ten minutes.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Budohead posted:

One of the lockers has a knife in it, they're like the self-defense daggers from REmake apparently

e: Here's hoping the grenades are in too

Given its a police station stun guns are probably a given.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

All along I wanted nothing but a graphics update paired with a completely faithful retelling of the original but I like the creative license they've been granted.. So far

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
No Tofu Survivor, no buy.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hey guys

this game looks loving good

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Agoat posted:

It's on Xbox 360 and might be on Xbone too.

as a download only, right?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/exclusive-tofu-back-resident-evil-2-3485594

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

OH poo poo MY BOY HUNK IS BACK YESSSSSS

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It looks like there might be persistent damage on the characters? After the guy playing gets owned by zombies and almost dies, Leon has a bite mark on his neck when he's talking to Marvin, which he didn't have when he entered the station.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Basticle posted:

as a download only, right?

Yeah, it's on XBLA.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
Is anyone else pumped about the deluxe edition "Original soundtrack swap" feature? I loved the RE2 OST.

Also, has any outlet confirmed what "gameplay modes from the original game" means? Is it really fixed camera, or is this perhaps referring to the hunk/tofu modes.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Found this comparison pic on Reddit.

Severed posted:

Is anyone else pumped about the deluxe edition "Original soundtrack swap" feature? I loved the RE2 OST.
Yeah I loved how moody RE2's ost could get.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I think this might be the first Deluxe Edition of a game I buy since ....uhhhh Bioshock?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Policenaut posted:

OH poo poo MY BOY HUNK IS BACK YESSSSSS

Doesn't he have a few lines in the reveal trailer?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
If they're starting the story earlier than the original by showing how Leon and Claire entered Raccoon City despite the military blockades, maybe we'll finally answer a question that has plagued Resident Evil fans for 20 years.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It looks like there might be persistent damage on the characters? After the guy playing gets owned by zombies and almost dies, Leon has a bite mark on his neck when he's talking to Marvin, which he didn't have when he entered the station.

The only way to get the good ending is the no damage run, otherwise your character gets infected and dies during the credits :v:

In It For The Tank fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jun 13, 2018

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

abagofcheetos posted:

hey guys

this game looks loving good

no it doesnt youre dumb

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A10pb8pCV2w

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Raxivace posted:

Not that I mind, but are some of those assets straight out of RE7? That fuse box and the part where Leon cuts throught ducttape seemed awfully familiar.

Hot drat do I want this game.

Makes sense because RE7 was the first foray with the excellent new RE engine which now powers RE2make and DMC5.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it cost a lot to develop so why not get all the use out of the engine they can?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Here's some more demo gameplay, the same area but without stage presenters talking over it, and a player that completely no sells loud noises and enemies that are obviously right behind them. The knife counter attack isn't exactly like REmake, instead of a consumable item it's your ordinary combat knife and once you use it you can't get it back until you've killed the enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPdW-WZCnUY

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Here's some more demo gameplay, the same area but without stage presenters talking over it, and a player that completely no sells loud noises and enemies that are obviously right behind them. The knife counter attack isn't exactly like REmake, instead of a consumable item it's your ordinary combat knife and once you use it you can't get it back until you've killed the enemy.

And your knife has durability and may break.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

In It For The Tank posted:

If they're starting the story earlier than the original by showing how Leon and Claire entered Raccoon City despite the military blockades, maybe we'll finally get a question that has plagued Resident Evil fans for 20 years.

You mean we'll find out why Leon comes into town on his first day already wearing an RPD uniform none of the local cops have?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dr. Abysmal posted:

As spooky as the game looks, I love that they're making sure to keep some of the camp in there too. Leon getting mad and calling random zombie assholes is great. :allears:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Gnome de plume posted:

You mean we'll find out why Leon comes into town on his first day already wearing an RPD uniform none of the local cops have?
Its obv. the reason was so late to his job on his first day. He had to go out of his way to make sure to pick up his custom police uniform from some far off tailor.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Raxivace posted:

As spooky as the game looks, I love that they're making sure to keep some of the camp in there too. Leon getting mad and calling random zombie assholes is great. :allears:

For sure, it looks genuinely tense and also fun like classic horror movies. I like! Doing George A. Romero proud.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Raxivace posted:

have they ever really lost that? Even Re7 is pretty drat campy

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Dr. Abysmal posted:

A somewhat original take on the knife, neat.

Gunpowder is back. I'm not sure if that's a good thing, wasn't really a fan of it in 3.

One of those zombies in the first area had some weird red growths on it. Return of Crimson heads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Zombie bites look so brutal upclose. Its almost like a cutscene.

Also for some reason I really like Leon's voice actor.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jun 13, 2018