Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

I wasn't expecting WWE to just outright admit that they did this to break Punk's record, figured that they'd be slightly more subtle about it.

They lost their precious lawsuit but still saw Punk lose a UFC fight, they were never gonna miss a chance to try to kick him while he was down. If Amann hadn't had literally no case and they managed to win that too, they'd be so giddy you'd be hearing Heyman make fun of Punk on-air for losing a title record too every week Brock still had the belt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP. I want Asuka vs. Becky now more than ever.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I couldn't be less excited for MiTB, wwe wrestling has just been loving awful since wrestlemania, I'm not even sure i'm going to watch MiTB, or at least not live

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
big cass loving sucks

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown results added to the OP.

Blu... Bludgeon Brothers :smith:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

piss tape israel posted:

You're gonna get Braun dancing in a diaper à la Big Show and drat it you're gonna love it

The difference is that the same episode they do that they'll have him squash an upper card guy. Goes a long way.

In related news, I hate seeing Braun (a wrestler I don't enjoy) keep squashing wrestlers I enjoy via being big and strong. He occasionally does it in interesting ways, but more often just no sell powerslam.

I want him to feud with Seth and have Seth win. Bullshit that the frog splash at the chamber didn't pin Braun.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Grendels Dad posted:

Blu... Bludgeon Brothers :smith:

What happened to them?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

The riot squad pulled Ruby out of position? If she'd been in position it would be fine, but look at them drag her another .5m out of the way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wazzu posted:

The difference is that the same episode they do that they'll have him squash an upper card guy. Goes a long way.

In related news, I hate seeing Braun (a wrestler I don't enjoy) keep squashing wrestlers I enjoy via being big and strong. He occasionally does it in interesting ways, but more often just no sell powerslam.

I want him to feud with Seth and have Seth win. Bullshit that the frog splash at the chamber didn't pin Braun.

Seth weighs like 130 pounds, coming off the pod doesn’t add enough force to that.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
How about a storyline where braun is weakened before a match when someone slips a miniature pole into his crushing apple, which he proceeds to slam against his forehead

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Seth weighs like 130 pounds, coming off the pod doesn’t add enough force to that.

It looked awesome, was a non finisher elimination which WWE should do more often, lays groundwork for Seth winning the title, and for a future feud between the two.

Plus then rather than "can Roman overcome the odds and beat Braun again?!?!?!?" it's shield brothers facing off. I'll defend this forever.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Writer Cath posted:

What happened to them?

Looking at the results, nothing. Nothing, at all.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
I cannot loving wait for ruff ruff ref

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wazzu posted:

It looked awesome, was a non finisher elimination which WWE should do more often, lays groundwork for Seth winning the title, and for a future feud between the two.

Plus then rather than "can Roman overcome the odds and beat Braun again?!?!?!?" it's shield brothers facing off. I'll defend this forever.

Seth isn’t winning that title.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Big Show wasn't even in a diaper on the show! He was advertised as being in a diaper on a NYE ep and never showed up on screen.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

big cass loving sucks

hes a big rear end gonzo and i wish hed go away

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

all the title record stuff doesn't matter anyway since they were with two different titles, and the universal title doesn't really have a lineage

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wazzu posted:

If Seth wanted to win so bad maybe he should’ve tried being big and strong like Braun

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Seth isn’t winning that title.

I mean how we won the intercontinental title at Wrestlemania.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

If Seth wanted to win so bad maybe he should’ve tried being big and strong like Braun

Next you'll be telling me Bryan should grow 6+ inches if he wants to be a champion!

Height cannot be taught, as we are consistently reminded.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Big Cass should take Baron Corbin's lead and become a constable.

edit: Also are they trying to get people to boo Rusev by having Miz help him? Insomuch as anyone who is a friend of Miz, (onscreen), is automatically a heel.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 13, 2018

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

The recap of Smackdown didn't mention Bryan's really good promo, that I noticed. It was really good.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I wonder if they'll have Roman bring up Punk in a promo now, defending him as a fighting champion or something?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Man I was watching 205 live and the matches were a blast but Jesus Christ the crowd is dire.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Neurolimal posted:

How about a storyline where braun is weakened before a match when someone slips a miniature pole into his crushing apple, which he proceeds to slam against his forehead

I would prefer it if he was given a poisoned burrito and then had wicked diarrhea and then sprayed with diarrhea from a diarrhea gun.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

BrigadierSensible posted:

Big Cass should take Baron Corbin's lead and become a constable.

edit: Also are they trying to get people to boo Rusev by having Miz help him? Insomuch as anyone who is a friend of Miz, (onscreen), is automatically a heel.

Miz also hit him with a Skull Crushing Finale, so really it was a marriage of convenience.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Xerzes posted:

The recap of Smackdown didn't mention Bryan's really good promo, that I noticed. It was really good.

Unless I missed another promo, it was the one he delivered last week (but only on WWE.com) so I didn't bring it up. It's pretty galling to think they probably only bothered to show it because it generated a bit of buzz.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

The_Rob posted:

Man I was watching 205 live and the matches were a blast but Jesus Christ the crowd is dire.

That's why I rarely watch it anymore. It's like they're going out of their way to be extra quiet out of spite.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This is the least exciting money in the bank that has ever existed. Giving Vince money was a mistake

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

This is the least exciting money in the bank that has ever existed. Giving Vince money was a mistake

Stop making it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

DarkstarIV posted:

Lol they are going to extend it to Extreme Rules.

Also some potentially good news regarding the MITB card. Or not. Depends on your outlook on things. The talk is that Ronda vs Nia will be a very short match, however it is one of the front runners to be the actual main event of MITB.

I hope it isn't. At least if Roman and Jinder main, I can leave early.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

The_Rob posted:

About 50% of the time the wreslers will eventually win them over and get "this is awesome" chants based entirely on workrate. Last night was not one of those times.

Wazzu posted:

Next you'll be telling me Bryan should grow 6+ inches if he wants to be a champion!

I want Cass to beat Bryan so badly that he retreats to 205 Live, where I'll actually watch his matches.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
I personally think it owns that Bryan killed Cass in a minute long promo meant for their youtube only, and Cass has tried in two separate 5+ minute TV promos to gain any ground and instead just looks like a stupid jackass who sucks.

Can't wait for Cass to pin Daniel Bryan in a lovely match because even Daniel loving Bryan can't carry Cass to a decent showing.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

Having been to a Smackdown Live event myself, I understand why this always the case. Fatigue sets in pretty good at the end of Smackdown. I was partway ready to leave for home myself when 205 started.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If this company gave a poo poo 205 Live would air before SmackDown when the crowd is eager to get warmed up

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Kendrick/Lucha stuff needs to stop. They've done some variation on it every week for the last 2 months. The Lucha guys have run out of spots to do and Kendrick is never good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

piss tape israel posted:

If this company gave a poo poo 205 Live would air before SmackDown when the crowd is eager to get warmed up

It still utterly baffles me that this isn't the case, even more so than the fact 205 Live is supposed to be (it's largely been abandoned) a subsidary of the Raw brand but has always aired Tuesday nights directly after Smackdown.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

This modern era is so bullshit too. Because that's such a nothing line. When did the modern era begin? When will it end? Is it not always the loving modern era? UGH WORDS MEAN THINGS!

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The crowd last night wasn't very good in general, to be honest. They got riled up for a few spots, but otherwise did not care about most things happening on the show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Spikeguy posted:

This modern era is so bullshit too. Because that's such a nothing line. When did the modern era begin? When will it end? Is it not always the loving modern era? UGH WORDS MEAN THINGS!

Every time I hear it I think the same thing - in 20 years are they going to be talking about "the modern era" of two decades earlier? I guess it's kinda like when "The new Generation" was their thing and they almost never talk about that anymore for obvious reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

Every time I hear it I think the same thing - in 20 years are they going to be talking about "the modern era" of two decades earlier? I guess it's kinda like when "The new Generation" was their thing and they almost never talk about that anymore for obvious reasons.

Because no one in the new generation was a big time draw?

• Locked thread