Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Domino's newest campaign is fixing American infrastructure.

On Monday the pizza chain announced a campaign to repair potholes. The company is already working with local governments in Bartonville, Texas; Milford, Delaware; Athens, Georgia; and Burbank, California, to repair roads, filling potholes and stamping the repairs with a Domino's logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i don’t want a company that can’t figure out pizza trying its hand at infrastructure.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i don’t want a company that can’t figure out pizza trying its hand at infrastructure.

Domino's pizza is actually really good. I've run into a few bad ones but they're few and far between.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Wouldn't a city/town end up with thousands of dominos ads everywhere? I mean after a while it would be completely annoying. Funny how desperate municipalities are to not raise taxes.

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

drowning the crust in seasoning doesn't make a pizza good

discarded box
Oct 15, 2008
i worked at a Domino's briefly and all the pressure on the managers to get orders out on time, because their store gets dinged for it on audit days, meant if your poo poo fell on the floor they'd just scoop it back up into the box if it was salvageable and off it went. youve almost certainly eaten floor pizza or floor bread bites if you order from Domino's

Eat fresh!

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Can't wait to drive over a million versions of CLINTON 20XX

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Jesus loving Christ shut the gently caress up about pizza chain qualities.

Once again, for the millionth time, in some regions some chains are better than others.
It varies.
None are as good as Nikko's Gaybar Suckhouse on the corner in Italy where you were born. We all know.

gently caress. Off.

discarded box
Oct 15, 2008
also it was pretty funny because we'd get orders that had specific instructions about some persons allergies and to not include garlic sauce or whatever, when people would inevitably gently caress up my manager was just like "cant be late they wont notice dont worry!!" and off it went

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Burt Sexual posted:

Wouldn't a city/town end up with thousands of dominos ads everywhere? I mean after a while it would be completely annoying. Funny how desperate municipalities are to not raise taxes.

So im not sure what is avg for a city or whatever but last year i looked at the dallas budget for potholes and they allocated enough to fix under 5% a year lol. Like they just flat out said lol gently caress potholes, so it'll be ugly but at least it gets done, it wont be done at all otherwise.

NightshadeGenitals
Dec 28, 2017

Star maths and wishy thinking

Big Beef City posted:

Once again, for the millionth time, in some regions some chains are better than others.
It varies.
None are as good as Nikko's Gaybar Suckhouse on the corner in Italy where you were born. We all know.

gently caress. Off.

Pizza Hut manager spotted.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DogonCrook posted:

So im not sure what is avg for a city or whatever but last year i looked at the dallas budget for potholes and they allocated enough to fix under 5% a year lol. Like they just flat out said lol gently caress potholes, so it'll be ugly but at least it gets done, it wont be done at all otherwise.

quote:

Domino's marketing campaign, Paving for Pizza, has had the company hiring work crews to repair five potholes in Burbank, California, eight in Bartonville, Texas, 40 in Milford, Delaware, and 150 holes in Athens, Georgia

From a CBS article, they barely are scratching the (road) surface. Unsurprisingly its all PR. I was misled by the OP!

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS

Big Beef City posted:

It varies.

gently caress. Off.

Hey, a fellow suckhead :highfive:

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

quick, how many brands are within your immediate vicinity

Vaseline
Dell
Windows
Papermate
Skechers
Xerox
Canon
Intel
Thule

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Hmm Fiskars axe, Remington shotgun, Sexton & Co. stove, and Domino sugar. That's about it right now.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Durex
Astroglide
Airwalks
Ford
Arby's

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
It's because they won the franchise wars OP

Now all paving companies are Dominoes

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Verisimilidude posted:

Vaseline
Dell

Over share

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

tbh this is brilliant marketing on domino’s part

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I like Dominos

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
KFC did this too a bunch of years back. The paint was water soluble so it would wash away after a rain or two. Silly ad campaign but hey it did a good thing!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Big Beef City posted:

It varies.

gently caress. Off.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

your results are not looking good and we know that the operation will be expensive but we are willing to give you a discount if you allow your prosthesis to say "chic-fil-a"

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
"which brands are taking over which pieces of vital infrastructure" is a perfect photoshop thread idea and I'd start it if I were at all capable of doing one

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Big Beef City posted:

It varies.

gently caress. Off.

Lol

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Personally I like the campaign because it gets their product name out while shaming the US for its lovely infrastructure.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Burt Sexual posted:

Personally I like the campaign because it gets their product name out while shaming the US for its lovely infrastructure.

more like encourages politicians to cut more funding because the pizza joint will take over for them

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

discarded box posted:

youve almost certainly eaten floor pizza

This is a goon delicacy.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

wizards of the coastal shipping and receiving port

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Activision Blizzard snow removal service

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
this is why we don't need the government

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
God be praised, Pax Dominana

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah just fill the potholes with pizza! :downsbravo:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
A perfect metaphor for the privatization of government services.

Can't wait for the Google Health Clinic.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

your Uber Ambulance will arrive in 18 minutes

you were not at the designated pick-up location for your Uber Ambulance! You will be charged a $500 cancellation fee. Would you like to request another Uber Ambulance?

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
It used to be that you could travel from one end of the empire to the other with only the protection of the words "I am a Domino's customer".

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They really should have worked road pizza in to this somehow

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Verisimilidude posted:

Vaseline
Dell
Windows