Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

fart blood posted:

Because no one in the new generation was a big time draw?
TL Hopper was a draw, brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Need some more Mabel KOTR retrospectives IMO

e: with regards to an earlier point, the Riottt Squadd is good because Heidi Lovelace can go in the ring and the other two are amusing hangers-on. Also they're fun on the 'gram. And now they're doing an nWo thing!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

Every time I hear it I think the same thing - in 20 years are they going to be talking about "the modern era" of two decades earlier? I guess it's kinda like when "The new Generation" was their thing and they almost never talk about that anymore for obvious reasons.

"The Vince McMahon Memorial Era"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz-IMeTeO58

It's so weird to see wwe acknowledge the young bucks and omega.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

The_Rob posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz-IMeTeO58

It's so weird to see wwe acknowledge the young bucks and omega.

It's probably because they are gearing up to enter a massive bidding war with NJPW to get Omega/Bucks under contract in early 2019. Pretty sure Vince/Triple H are prepared to back up literal semi-trucks full of money to their houses in order to get them to sign.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

It's probably because they are gearing up to enter a massive bidding war with NJPW to get Omega/Bucks under contract in early 2019. Pretty sure Vince/Triple H are prepared to back up literal semi-trucks full of money to their houses in order to get them to sign.

Which is ironic considering the three of them are probably the least likely to ever do so. They like their freedom and already make really good money.

Hell, WWE couldn't even be sneaky and try to get Kenny to sign by hiring Ibushi because if Ibushi can't fire a Roman candle up a fat man's arse then he will simply cease to be.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I could see the Bucks going in a couple of years if they get tired of the constant hustle

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

I could see the Bucks going in a couple of years if they get tired of the constant hustle

WWE could sign the ELITE as an anti-competitive move and I wouldn't be surprised.

But the only Bullet Club member NXT really likes and sees a long-term future in is Adam Page from what I've heard - think Adam Cole.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i think its very nice of wwe to say that to hangman page to make him feel better about signing but that really is just something you say after you don't get the thing you really want.

i partially retract my statement finding out that hangman page is only 26, goddamn

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm sure there's some bitterness involved in that opinion but I'd guess it's mostly that he'd probably be most receptive to working their style.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everyone values creative freedom until a repurposed hot air balloon with a dollar sign painted on the side filled with cash shows up at their door.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Page is the dullest and blandest member of the Bullet Club so of course he's the one WWE likes the most

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Thing is the Young Bucks probably are making more than all but the big 4 guys due to merchandise and no way WWE lets them keep close to that level. Plus WWE travel schedule would be way worse

And also The Elite pretty much is a made major act right now and Vince always seems to fail at pushing those cause he has to WWE them. If they wanted to go they probably should of went a few years ago

Edit: also this assumes that the WWE is actually going to throw around their new money which I'm not sure about. I mean they'll try to get the talent but I suspect they'll just offer NXT deals at the start and promise big money later

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jun 13, 2018

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

All members of the Golden Elite have declined NXT once if not multiple times, right? I think unless they're getting main roster money from the get go they'll never sign unless it's something they do when they think they're close to retirement.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the bucks aren't in WWE because Triple H hasn't let go of the possibility of another reunion of old balding men still trying to do 1997 dx. Once he does they'll sign them

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
The Miz enthusiastically opening the Money in the Bank briefcase only to find it full of pancakes was genuinely pretty funny.

That was about it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I only see the Elite going to WWE if they're given the AJ Styles of treatment of instant main roster callup and instant big push. It wouldn't be worth it to them otherwise.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
It took a while for AJ to get pushed though, remember the y2AJ feud

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I really want them to stay in NJPW mostly because I seem them all being a cornerstone for the company and want to see it's continued growth. And gently caress WWE until they allow workers to have more creative freedom.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Tweak posted:

All members of the Golden Elite have declined NXT once if not multiple times, right? I think unless they're getting main roster money from the get go they'll never sign unless it's something they do when they think they're close to retirement.

Omega was in WWE developmental for a bit (pre-NXT, I'm pretty sure) and has nothing but bad things to say about his time there. I'd be stunned if he or the Bucks end up at Stamford in the foreseeable future.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It took a while for AJ to get pushed though, remember the y2AJ feud

I would classify feuding with chris jericho at wrestlemania and being in ppv main events three months after his debut as "getting pushed"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Honestly outside of the chance to make ridiculous amounts of money the idea of ever working in WWE sounds repellent.

Gruelling work schedule, expectations to do PR appearances for the company for free, very limited creative freedom, not being allowed to do outside projects without WWE's express permission, politics, having to pay for your own travel and hotels, terrible doctors who will share intimate medical details with both your employer and random other wrestlers and even an expectation to stick to the company's inane verbiage outside of work. All this while having none of the rights of an actual employee or being allowed to unionise.

gently caress that noise, let me live in Japan where all that's expected of me outside of work is to get drunk and beat up the lonely millionaire patrons who are buying my drinks.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

John Dudebro posted:

I would classify debuting against the big dog as "getting pushed"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

gently caress that noise, let me live in Japan where all that's expected of me outside of work is to get drunk and beat up the lonely millionaire patrons who are buying my drinks.

They don't let foreigners in the bordellos.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Cavauro posted:

the bucks aren't in WWE because Triple H hasn't let go of the possibility of another reunion of old balding men still trying to do 1997 dx. Once he does they'll sign them

This is the real reason

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I haven't watched WWE TV in like 4 weeks and I feel like I've missed absolutely nothing. I'll watch MITB this weekend for sure but I have no desire to keep up with the week-to-week TV shows when everything has been so dull lately.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

They don't let foreigners in the bordellos.

If you looked like Kenny Omega would you need a bordello?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Heh

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1006940089300049920

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Punk is a worse MMA fighter than Jushin Thunder Liger who's entire MMA career was doing a summersault kick at Suzuki who then murdered him.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Punk may be one of the most famous UFC losers of all time. Not sure how prestigious that achievement is.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Bucks obviously wouldn't be against having easy retirement money, but it's definitely underestimated how important creative control is to them

They remember their time in TNA, and they are vehemently against the team being split up. Anybody who, for some baffling odd reason, thinks WWE wouldn't split up a successful or popular team, need only remember the other team in this video

and how frequently New Day have gone on record saying Creative always tries to split them up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HHH said in the conference call it wasn't his decision to remove Ellering from managing AoP, that team you might remember

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I don't want any of those guys to go anywhere near the WWE, I hope they can grow All In into something special and continue to bring New Japan more notoriety elsewhere around the world.

Those are my original and controversial takes on the whole thing.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Chris James 2 posted:

HHH said in the conference call it wasn't his decision to remove Ellering from managing AoP, that team you might remember

Losing Ellering wasn't the worst thing in the world since he wasn't adding a whole lot to the team, but not replacing him with a better manager (and then sending AoP to the Phantom Zone, as far as I can tell) was a clear sign that they just didn't give a poo poo about promoting/protecting these guys.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't think WWE can get the Elite but what they probably can do is force NJPW and/or RoH to gently caress up their salary structure to keep those guys.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Wasn't there something going around about one of the AoP guys having work visa issues?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

VJeff posted:

I don't think WWE can get the Elite but what they probably can do is force NJPW and/or RoH to gently caress up their salary structure to keep those guys.

It’s only a matter of time for the Bucks IMO, if only because I know they don’t like being so far from their kids all the time

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I dunno if Rovert can confirm or deny this but I assume AoP and Sanity were going to be in the tag team MitB match and then that got scrapped, so they don't have anything for them because WWE can't book a tag team division outside the top two teams and maybe one more to be a future challenger like Bludgeon Bros or McIntyre Ziggler.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sportsgenius86 posted:

It’s only a matter of time for the Bucks IMO, if only because I know they don’t like being so far from their kids all the time

And going to WWE is gonna fix that? They'll just go from not seeing them because they're in Japan to not seeing them because they're at a house show in Fuckville, Kansas. At least with the former they have control of their characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

The WWE schedule is just as bad/if not worse for being at home though and might get even worse once Smackdown goes to Friday. Plus with the Bucks being a huge draw they can probably make the same amount of money and work a reduced schedule on the next deal something the WWE wouldn't offer.

And if it's an NXT deal welp

• Locked thread