Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Our Silver Plan

20k down, no fees.

Gold Plan

10k down, 2k/month for 16 months.

Platinum Plan

5k down, 2k/month for 12 months, 10% of tarriff in perpetuity
INCLUDES ONE TIME MONSTER REMOVAL CONTRACT
BEST OFFER!! ! !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Blasphemaster posted:

Id rather not do anything that could screw our client over, save for exorbitant fees for Top Notch services. Build and protect the reputation.

Normally yes, but this is the rare case where the person can't tell anyone about our involvement by the nature of the job, and that these tariffs could be highly valuable. Screw one time payments, we need those Alternate. Revenue. Streams.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

I’ve been assuming our employers left anonymous ratings and reviews given that none of them so far have wanted anyone to know a monster was working for them, yet we were simultaneously able to build our reputation.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
How do we enforce continued payment after handing over the fortress?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Rockopolis posted:

There appear to be magical contracts with conflagration for failure, should be fine.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Rockopolis posted:

We're the architects of this little fortress.

Put in an underwater back door through the well in the center of the keep with a magic gate that we know the password to because we built it.

Like someone else suggested, make the fortress out of a living coral that we can come back and command to eat everyone inside it if we need.

Put a keystone in that we can pull out and collapse the whole drat thing.

We've got all sorts of options.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Nephzinho posted:

There appear to be magical contracts with conflagration for failure, should be fine.
Maaaybe put a hold on the backdoor plans then...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is pretty clearly someone who has little to no knowledge of how these deals normally go, I doubt they know a whole lot about how those kinds of contracts work. Could give us quite a bit of wiggle room.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
If we go for royalties, please ensure they don't try to keep them secret by paying us in untraceable DungeonCoin.

Splicer posted:

Maaaybe put a hold on the backdoor plans then...
Stay underwater?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Loel posted:

Our Silver Plan

20k down, no fees.

Gold Plan

10k down, 2k/month for 16 months.

Platinum Plan

5k down, 2k/month for 12 months, 10% of tarriff in perpetuity
INCLUDES ONE TIME MONSTER REMOVAL CONTRACT
BEST OFFER!! ! !

I vote we really push for the Platinum Plan idea ^^^ and we make the thing easily floodable like any proper water dungeon.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"Hey monsters, let's go to the mine."

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Do not insult me mortal.

The offer was an insult. This human had no idea who he was talking to!

”Twenty thousand, or ten upfront and ten percent of the tariffs for ten  years.” Sarga stated in a controlled voice.

”Wh-what?” came the stammered reply.

”ten thousand to build and entire island, a fortress and to populate it with enough monsters to put on a good show? Ridiculous. Actually let's make that twenty five thousand.”

”That's preposterous!”

”I am an academy trained master architect and a flesh shaper, I will build you an island fortress that no man will be able to take, you will find no one better. Thirty thousand.” Sargas voice begins to rise and the man's face was beginning to turn to panic.

”Twenty five!” he blurts out.

”Done.” Sarga says. The spell governing the negotiations chimes.

”Wait, that was a counter offer to start bidding!” he squeals.

”Oh, was it? You phrased it poorly, you have to watch these contact spells.  I shall expect my half to be deposited by the end of the day. It shall be a pleasure to work with you.” Sarga smiled as toothy a smile as she could, did a small bow, and disconnected.

”Stupid jumped up apes.” he said to herself.

Now she had a job, she needs to come up with a plan to complete it.

Magic was an option, but it would take a large amount of mana to complete,more than she could draw on herself. He would have to buy a manawell. These could massively increase her available Mana, but we're not cheap.

He other option was to use manpower. Her current pool of minions was not large enough to complete the job. She could hire more but there was an option - a Temporal plane. She could place some minions into an alternate plane of existence where time ran much quicker than this and dimension. They could then breed and multiply and she would have a good number loyal minions at the end.

None these options were cheap, but they all had advantages.

1- Do we buy a manawell?  These are reusable, but will only recharge 1 mana a day.

A- a small one for 1000 gold.

B - a medium one for 2500 gold

C - a large one or 10,000 gold.

D - no.

2- Do we hire more workers?

A - yes, 10 gold a month per worker. Need an overseer per 100. Overseers need 100 gold a month.

B- No.

3- do we put our minions into a temporal plane. The cost is 2,500 gold per 100 years,and we can put as many minions in as you like. But the original minions will have lived out their lives by the time they come out, unless we take steps.

quote:

Mana = 45/45

Gold = 20,400

Minions -

Seaglass, the Stingray Lieutenant.

Irwin the Stingray Lieutenant.

5 Beaverpeople.  (lead by Holta.)

At the Sapphire Isle

Valen Haardckla, Supervizor.

2 Mantis-pistol-shrimp man.

4 Crabbersons.

Mining rate - 250 gold a week.  (0 crates on hand)

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 14, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

1 B
2 A, 100 workers and an overseer
3 Yes. Crabbersons and pistol shrimpmen go into the pot.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

super sweet best pal posted:

1 B
2 A, 100 workers and an overseer
3 Yes. Crabbersons and pistol shrimpmen go into the pot.

That would burn a ton of our cash.

1 B
2 A 50 workers + overseer
3 No

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

True, but we can put more of our next gen crabbersons back into the mine to increase its output, we'd end up making money.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

How many crabbersons do we get after each iteration? If we can spend 10k for 400 years, and turn 6 minions into 600, we've got a dungeon army right out of the gate.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Using the human population growth calculator, 400 years would tunr your 6 crabbersons into a crabberson tribe of 700....

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Grey Hunter posted:

Using the human population growth calculator, 400 years would tunr your 6 crabbersons into a crabberson tribe of 700....

Kay, we assuming .012 growth annual then? Awesome

Spend all the money on dimensional growth. All of it.

800 years.

5 beavers = 70,000 beavers
2 mantishrimp = 28,000 shrimp
6 crabbersons = 84,000 crabbersons

If you vote for anything else you are wrong.

http://www.metamorphosisalpha.com/ias/population.php

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Can we borrow money against our new contract (remaining 10kgp). That would give us another 400 years.

1200 years:

5 beavers = 8,200,000 beavers
2 mantishrimp = 3,300,000 shrimp
6 crabbersons = 9,800,000 crabbersons

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
That is a lot of inbreeding.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Then you either go bankrupt trying to feed them, or there is mass starvation.....

I'm not saying no, but having that many minions and completing your contract may be mutually exclusive.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Splicer posted:

That is a lot of inbreeding.

Grey Hunter posted:

Then you either go bankrupt trying to feed them

When you have one problem, thats a problem. When you have two problems, thats a solution :v:

Loel fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jun 14, 2018

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

As much as I’d like to go full Froopyland in here are we sure the ecosystem in the temporal plane is big enough to keep so many creatures alive? More importantly both the beaverpeople and shrimppeople are sentient enough to form an entire civilization inside which might not want to serve us. The shrimppeople in particular would be difficult to resubjugate.

So maybe we should only do it for 200-400 years as a test trial.

We should also set up a monolith that looks like us and give them a few guide books on henching rewritten as religious texts.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I say we revisit the time portal at a later date when we've built up a more diverse gene pool.

Grey Hunter what's the benefit of a large vs a small manawell?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You can't leave servants alone for too many centuries with no means of control. Didn't you read Hitmen for Destiny?

Seriously, go read it, it's a good comic. http://hitmen.thecomicseries.com/comics/first/

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Just the amount of manaitcan hold. They coome fully charged.

It's 100/250/1000.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Let's assume we can reliably keep a race of beastmen enthralled by legends of our return for 100 years at a time without putting any work into it.

Can we "fast forward" minion development and then "appear" every 100 years to help guide their progress?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Grey Hunter posted:

Just the amount of manaitcan hold. They coome fully charged.

It's 100/250/1000.
*nods thoughtfully*

In that case let's buy 10 small manawells for the cost of one large manawell but with 10 times the recharge speed. It's a chunk of change but 1k mana will let us build a pretty nice castle followed by +10 bankable mana per day for the rest of our career slash life.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Splicer posted:

*nods thoughtfully*

In that case let's buy 10 small manawells for the cost of one large manawell but with 10 times the recharge speed. It's a chunk of change but 1k mana will let us build a pretty nice castle followed by +10 bankable mana per day for the rest of our career slash life.

Hooboy I like this. Plus 10 small manawells means that some jumped-up hero can't gently caress us up with one lucky surgical strike breaking our large manawell, they'd have to hunt down and destroy all 10 for the same effect.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Could we buy a bunch of the mana wells, empty them fully on fast castle building, and then put them all in a time bubble to refill overnight?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

After 1200 years I wonder if it’s more likely we find the descendents of our minions have blown eachother up, gone the way of the Eloi and Morlocks, created a utopia, or prepared a steampunk legion to conquer our world.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We could brainwash our Lieutenants some more and have them birth an elite guard. Maybe extend their lives a couple hundred years so they'll still be around after the first cycle.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Can we just start cloning them?
Or make some starfishmen that regrow into more starfishmen when you chop them up?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

This is a real tough one. What is the time dimension like? Are we building the castle in the time dimension or are we using it to breed minions and then build it separately? We would need to make sure that they continued to know how to build as they repopulated, we also would need to make sure there were idols of us everywhere and that we had god-like status in their habitat. But that is a lot of minions to house afterwards if we went all out, and the slightest error could result in a large population that didn't want to leave their time dilated utopia to work for us. Using the temporal plane seems to be the most obvious/long term beneficial option, but also lots can go wrong + the mine is not being productive while we have the workers out.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

What steps are required to keep the first batch alive a few centuries in Narnia? Having founding fathers last that long should do what we need.

How long, relative to us, will they be in Narnia? Will we be able to use ten thousand beavers in the next mission, or are they out of play?

Have any other monster contractors done this? What did they do to encourage loyalty over long periods of time? Can we pop a hundred out every Narnia decade or so to remind them who we are?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

That would burn a ton of our cash.

1 B
2 A 50 workers + overseer
3 No

This, but 100 workers + overseer. Otherwise we're overpaying on Overseer potential!

Messing around with Temporal nonsense has too many ways to go bad. We should keep the Shrimpmantispeople/crabbersons in the mine, that's good passive income.

For the "Invasion" we can outsource some goblins or whatever. And maybe some certain beaverpeople that are just a little too organized for my taste.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Control could be easy. If the plane is relatively empty have the magic food/water creator only respond to prayers of devotion.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Not Alex posted:

Control could be easy. If the plane is relatively empty have the magic food/water creator only respond to prayers of devotion.

Oh, that's elegant. Very good.

Here's the spread:

Range of options

quote:

800 years in the box: costs 20,000gp

2 mantishrimp = 28,000 shrimp
5 beavers = 70,000 beavers
6 crabbersons = 84,000 crabbersons

quote:

700 years in box: costs 17500

2 mantishrimp = 8,000 shrimp
5 beavers = 21,000 beavers
6 crabbersons = 25,000 crabbersons

2 mana wells: costs 2000

200 mana points, 2 recovery / day

quote:

600 years in box: costs 15000

2 mantishrimp = 2,500 shrimp
5 beavers = 6,000 beavers
6 crabbersons = 7,000 crabbersons

5 mana wells: costs 5000

500 mana points, 5 recovery / day

quote:

500 years in box: costs 12500

2 mantishrimp = 770 shrimp
5 beavers = 1900 beavers
6 crabbersons = 2300 crabbersons

7 mana wells: costs 7000

700 mana points, 7 recovery / day

quote:

400 years in box: costs 10000

2 mantishrimp = 230 shrimp
5 beavers = 590 beavers
6 crabbersons = 708 crabbersons

10 mana wells: costs 10000

1000 mana points, 10 recovery / day

quote:

300 years in box: costs 7500

2 mantishrimp = 70 shrimp
5 beavers = 170 beavers
6 crabbersons = 210 crabbersons

12 mana wells: costs 12000

1200 mana points, 12 recovery / day

quote:

200 years in box: costs 5000

2 mantishrimp = 21 shrimp
5 beavers = 54 beavers
6 crabbersons = 65 crabbersons

15 mana wells: costs 15000

1500 mana points, 15 recovery / day

quote:

100 years in box: costs 2500

2 mantishrimp = 6 shrimp
5 beavers = 16 beavers
6 crabbersons = 19 crabbersons

17 mana wells: costs 17000

1700 mana points, 17 recovery / day

I think 500 years is the sweet spot, it moves us from 12 minions to 5000, and from 50 mana to 700. We get a MASSIVE power boost, and 5k minions won't be as insane as trying to set up logistics for a quarter million.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Just a thought, but a 1/day mana pool in the time hole for a few hundred years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

AJ_Impy posted:

Just a thought, but a 1/day mana pool in the time hole for a few hundred years?

The biggest mana wall we can get is like three years.

Unless you're proposing we go in the time hole, which, uh....