Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dammit, who will take up the SenZar mantle now?

Freaking Crumbum posted:

mostly it seems like this happens when the authors don't have a lot of faith in the strength of concept for the setting they're trying to present, and they think if they fluff up an insanely detailed "history" that will legitimize the actual setting.

I think whats getting me here is there are 4 distinct backstory periods that each use a different writing style despite all being written in universe by the same person and all 4 dont mean anything in game because the setting section also has backstory and that ones the relevant one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

Fantasy takes from every other fantasy property some, they'd be fools not to seize on some Discworld, too.

I think what makes them so similar is that both settings despite being fantasy settings have a sense of actual progress. To often fantasy settings have this feel that millennia can pass with nothing really changing yet both Fantasy and the Discworld actually show the setting slowly progressing forward in terms of both technology and general national /racial relations which does a lot to help make the setting feel organic.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Leraika posted:

found one on ebay but uh 100 bux and shipping to the us

If I wasn't prone to doing extremely stupid things more or less on the spur of the moment, I wouldn't be contributing to this thread at all. I'm amazed this never popped up in any of my searches.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso

Freaking Crumbum posted:

it's peak 90's poo poo to have an extremely detailed meta-plot that spans into antiquity and often pre-dates human existence, and to then have all of that poo poo count for nothing because it's not player facing info and it will never ever ever have any impact on the events that the players are expected to deal with.

The timeline for Immortal begins sixty million years ago.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 13, 2018

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Well yeah, players need to know who cracked the anhedron and unleashed the femme darkle.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

The timeline for Immortal begins sixty million years ago.

Better than all these young earth creationists i keep getting

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso

Barudak posted:

Better than all these young earth creationists i keep getting
Look, I promise I'll update Vampire as soon as I can

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
By the same vein I've still got the Beast Players Guide on the back burner, it's just all of my free time has been sucked up by other tasks.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Look, I promise I'll update Vampire as soon as I can

Dont worry about it. Im about to take a 3 week vacation so not like Ill finish Obsidian smoothly.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I noticed all this clamoring for the two awful Israeli original modules and I'll get back to them soon, I just got some real world stuff to do.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hunt11 posted:

I think what makes them so similar is that both settings despite being fantasy settings have a sense of actual progress. To often fantasy settings have this feel that millennia can pass with nothing really changing yet both Fantasy and the Discworld actually show the setting slowly progressing forward in terms of both technology and general national /racial relations which does a lot to help make the setting feel organic.

This is one of the things I liked about Seventh Sea for all its flaws. Society and technology genuinely are progressing, and it's clear that the old powers of the world are losing ground - the Sidhe accidentally engineered their own annihilation, Matushka's being pressed to her limits, and everyone who thinks they're going to rule the world keeps getting the rug pulled out from under them.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm going to keep going with oTorg! Really!

e: I know nobody cares about it but it's important to me dammit

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I noticed all this clamoring for the two awful Israeli original modules and I'll get back to them soon, I just got some real world stuff to do.

There was a thread on FB I think about unknown D&D settings and someone was clamouring for these to be translated and released.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Chapter 7: Places of Interest - The Americas part 3

Groom Lake
The Hook: It's Area 51 baby - the most iconic military location in US folklore about extraterrestrials! In Dark*Matter, it doesn't have any special significance though; it does contain a non-functional Grey scout ship (the very one that crashed in Roswell back in 1947) but the US govt long ago extracted every useful piece of technology it could offer, and now it sits unused because the US govt can't be bothered to find a better place to store it. Groom Lake's Site 4 is the new hotness, where the Air Force tests out beta concepts for spy planes that can sustain speeds of mach 6 and attempts to reverse engineer captured Stranger technology, but that doesn't get a whole lot of play in the description either.
My Take: Another Sphinx. Either the GM decides that this location is central to his/her campaign, or else the place might as well not exist. Area 51 has been played out as a location for a sci-fi setting for decades, so I feel like anything a GM might want to do here could be better done at a different location (so as to avoid the dead horse beating).

Look ma, it's Area 51! We're a bonafide sci-fi RPG now!

Ithaca, NY
The Hook(s):
1. The Rare Book Room at Cornell University has an unusually large collection of ancient Mayan texts, including Popul Vuh (actually written in the Quiche language) and a copy of the Dresde Codex (translated into English from German). Both of these books, and several others, chronicle the deeds, gods, and creation myths of the Mayan culture, as well as genealogies of Mayan kings and remarkably accurate predictions about astronomical events (solar eclipses, synodical periods of Venus, etc). The biggest secret that nobody has uncovered yet is that all of the Mayan texts within the Rare Book Room collectively include directions that could lead someone directly to the sunken continent of Mu. It would take serious effort to piece together the right info from all of the texts, but the directions are there to be found if someone thought to look for them.
2. Two pot farmers went spelunking in the Finger Lakes region and found a series of caves within Medusa Gorge that showed signs of recent habitation, the walls of which were covered with glowing petroglyphs. They left to go and get the media, but of course by the time they returned the entrance to the caves had vanished and the few luminescent rocks they had taken as evidence had stopped glowing. When they admitted that they were high when they made their discovery, everybody wrote off the entire story as a sham. The discovery appeared to be a hoax, until a local woman named Melissa Barton went on a backpacking trip to Medusa Gorge but never returned home. When friends and neighbors staged a manhunt to go comb the gorge and look for her, the only evidence they could find was the tattered remains of her backpack, covered in a mysterious luminescent goo. Now, authorities want to question the two pot farmers that made the original discovery, and the case is still open pending further evidence.
My Take: I like both of these hooks! The Mayan texts angle makes me think of some kind of Indiana Jones / The Mummy scenario where some eccentric archaeologist figures out the location of Mu from the texts and hires the players to assist them on their wild expedition, and the missing person angle has enough information to create an interesting premise without restrictively telling the GM what happened to the missing woman and what is causing the bizarre, glowing substance.

La Venta, Mexico
The Hook: La Venta was the site of the largest Olmec settlement in Central America. Historians estimate that the site was founded sometime around 1100 BCE and that it was used for nearly 700 years before being abandoned. In 1939, the site was rediscovered by an archaeologist who began to document all of the various relics that could be excavated, but in 1940 the Mexican national petrochemical company PEMEX demolished what remained of the La Venta site to build a refinery and airstrip. While official reports claim that all artifacts of cultural and national value were extricated prior to the destruction, the actual reason that the Mexican government was so eager to pave over the site was to hide its most valuable prize - an intact Grey telluric generator built just after the fall of Atlantis. Remember that the Grey's second attempt to uplift humanity began in Mesoamerica, and this device was obviously built as a part of that plan. Although the device is currently non-functional, it is still plugged into the Earth's magnetic lines and is largely intact. A top secret team of scientists and technicians works around the clock to try and figure out how to repair it and reactivate it, knowing that Mexico could revolutionize the global energy paradigm if they can get the device operational again.
My Take: Alright, it's our first non-US American location and I think the hook is pretty decent! I like this hook because there's a lot of different ways the players could get involved: maybe they're hired by PEMEX to work on the project, maybe they're hired by a coalition of energy conglomerates that want the players to disrupt or permanently destroy the generator, maybe they're tasked by the Mexican govt with making contact with a Grey envoy to try and get the blueprints for this device. And, who is to say that the Greys (or another Stranger species) would be cool with a human nation acquiring a functional telluric generator?

Los Alamos, NM
The Hook(s):
1. Los Alamos National Labs is the infamous birthplace of the US atomic weapon program, originating in 1942 with the Manhattan Project under direction of Robert Oppenheimer. The Trinity Test Site (where the original test blasts were performed) was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1975, but still retains a level of background radiation that is 10 times the natural baseline. The majority of the land surrounding the National Labs remains extremely off-limits because the USAF still tests various munitions in the area, and almost all of the research performed is classified.
2. The test blasts at the Trinity test site had multiple unintended consequences, but one of the most dangerous was that the atomic detonations tore open new Doorways to Earth - this is significant for many reasons, not the least of which the fact that these Doorways were created during a dark matter "low tide". All of the doorways created by the test blasts evidently link to whatever dimension from which Demons originate, since all of the Strangers that have come through these doorways have so far been the same creatures that are typically only summoned by Diabolists. The arrival of these Strangers was troublesome enough that the US Senate's ratification of the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty in 1963 was actually an unofficial attempt to prevent further Doorways from being opened. The fact that the US govt doesn't know how to close the Los Alamos Doorways is another reason why the land around the National Labs remains off-limits and that the USAF frequently carpet bombs the area.
3. The native Anasazi people that inhabited the area that is now New Mexico back in the first millennia CE had multiple interactions with both Mothmen and Wendigo. Fables offer multiple perspectives on the nature of these interactions: in some of them, the Anasazi and Mothmen form an alliance to combat the Wendigo tribes; in others, the Anasazi shaman are the Wendigo (in a shifted form) and the Mothmen fight against them for territory and resources; in another, the Wendigo and Mothmen originate from the same alternate dimension and the Anasazi migrate though a Doorway to help the Mothmen combat the Wendigo on their home turf (and never return to Earth). While none of these stories can be verified, the rising dark matter tide could make these legends relevant again if the same Doorway(s) to the Mothmen dimension reopen.
My Take: This is the first series of hooks that are singularly focused around Doorways, which is a shame because the game doesn't really give any concrete information about them to the GM other than "they exist, nobody knows how to open them or close them on purpose, and Strangers use them to visit Earth". They're kind of a plot macguffin for how a Stranger gets to Earth, but beyond that it's up to the GM to decide everything about how they operate. I don't personally find the Mothmen to be that interesting of a Stranger species but I could envision a "Night of the Living Dead" kind of scenario where the Demons coming thru the Doorway have to inhabit corpses to create a corporeal form and the players are tasked with resolving a zombie outbreak by finding a way to close the Doorway.

Machu Picchu
The Hook: After the Greys abandoned their second effort to uplift human beings in Central America, Machu Picchu was left abandoned but the Greys did not raze it to the ground. The reason for this is that one of the burial tombs hidden beneath the city was built around the location of a Doorway and the Greys didn't want it to become exposed again. Currently a massive 42-ton block of stone is covering the entrance to the chamber that contains the Doorway, but it's conceivable that somebody could some day attempt to remove it to investigate the chamber beyond. Although the Greys seem largely disinterested in continuing to monitor the situation, somehow agents of the Order of St. Gregory figured out what's hidden beneath Machu Picchu and they've taken a self-appointed vigil to watch the site and ensure nobody discovers the hidden chamber that contains the Doorway.
My Take: Back-to-back Doorway hooks is lame. There's not enough information about what could make this Doorway unique and it's pretty well hidden in an extremely remote location. The whole thing sounds like "look but don't touch" to me.

LOW/NO EFFORT HOOKS ABOUT G-G-G-GHOSTS: 5
LOOK-BUT-DON'T-TOUCH LOCATIONS: 5

NEXT TIME: Would you believe there are even more stories about America?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso
I care about Torg, I just don't comment on it that much because sussing out the mechanical parts of it is like staring at a horror vacui painting for too long.

It's definitely one of those games where the premise is amazing, but actually trying to engage with it is a tar-baby of extremely 80s rules.

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

Evil Mastermind posted:

I read through your posts on the inkless archive and really enjoyed learning about this ridiculous game, but assumed we wouldn't be getting any more given the status listed on there. I'm looking forward to it! It also sold me on a copy of Torg Eternity which I loved reading through but will probably never get a chance to actually play (limited drama deck availability notwithstanding)

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

La morte non ha sesso
I still have the Drama Deck from my Masterbook boxed set, somewhere.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ovaries posted:

I read through your posts on the inkless archive and really enjoyed learning about this ridiculous game, but assumed we wouldn't be getting any more given the status listed on there. I'm looking forward to it! It also sold me on a copy of Torg Eternity which I loved reading through but will probably never get a chance to actually play (limited drama deck availability notwithstanding)
It's not technically abandoned; I just lost a lot of steam after losing my job last year. Especially since I only seem to be able to write when I'm at work.

Land Below being the most boring book in the line isn't helping either.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dammit give me Hangar 18 Dark Matter

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
A few pages late in responding, but here it is anyway:

PurpleXVI posted:

Literally threatened to sue the Inklesspen archive, which is why it isn't on there. Phrased it as "libelling his trademark," i.e. "what if someone reads that this thing I've put on Kickstarter is actually a hot pile of garbage and then won't buy it." Was also extremely unwilling to take any sort of critique. But yes, read the review. It's kind of staggering. I tried to quote some of the best commentary at the start of my posts, just to make sure they got archived as well because some of it's funnier than what I wrote in the posts.

He didn't threaten to sue me. He just asked, and nobody in the thread minded if I took it down.

Subjunctive posted:

I really want that Middengarde F&F up on the site. How much do I have to promise to the slam-dunk-fair-use legal defence fund for that to happen?

I feel like he has a point on the very nice art that PurpleXVI embedded in the posts. Were it not for that I'd be happy to put it back in.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Man, I really wish I had the free time necessary to continue the MoM-F&F but right now work is basically killing me with stuff to do...ffs...

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

inklesspen posted:

He didn't threaten to sue me. He just asked, and nobody in the thread minded if I took it down.

I feel like he has a point on the very nice art that PurpleXVI embedded in the posts. Were it not for that I'd be happy to put it back in.

My bad, he threatened to sue me for a while, and I conflated it with him asking for the review to be taken down.

And you could always just replace the art with placeholders of some sort. An "IMAGE REMOVED".jpg or something, I'll even make you one, if you like.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
That's kinda-sorta :effort: but if you wanna make a properly snarky placeholder I guess I'm down.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

Isn't there still another Mystery Cosm you haven't revealed?

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Barudak posted:

Dammit give me Hangar 18 Dark Matter

interestingly, Dark*Matter doesn't really do "undead" monsters. no zombies, no liches, ghosts exist but are pretty low key, mummies exist but they're more of a kinori thing than regular horror mummies. it's definitely more Sci-Fi than Urban Horror, with aliens filling out almost 100% of the monster manual for non-human threats. it's another reason that all of the "YHWH/Elohim/Jehova/God is literally real and so are angels and demons and all of the really unpleasant implications of this are ignored" stuff sticks out like a sore thumb to me, because if you just axed that content you'd have a perfectly serviceable X-Files/MiB-lite setting.

IIRC none of the other Alternity settings operate under the explicit assumption that Christianity is real, which makes the inclusion in Dark*Matter even more baffling. it's like somebody on the dev team was really into Kult and wanted to bring that kind of supernatural conflict into the setting and it got mashed together even less gracefully than it did in Kult (where it was the central conflict of the entire setting).

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Zereth posted:

Yep!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Paths of the Damned is definitely abandoned, though. On running it for my group, it's just boring. It's not interesting enough to go through all the trouble of showing off. I can give people a point by point of some of the more stand-out moments and I might do some of the city-writing stuff in thread (and I'm not sorry for covering the writing for Middenheim), but it's just neither bad enough nor good enough to be worth giving the G-Unit treatment like I'd originally planned.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Zereth posted:

Yes there is.

Spoilers! :ssh:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's not technically abandoned; I just lost a lot of steam after losing my job last year. Especially since I only seem to be able to write when I'm at work.

Land Below being the most boring book in the line isn't helping either.

If it helps, you talking about oTorg got me on nTorg. Bought the main book, KSed the Living Land.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yes there is.

Spoilers! :ssh:
I don't know what it is, I only know it's there because you've mentioned it exists! I'm still waiting for you to get to the drat thing! :orks:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
A few minutes ago, my wife asked me what "John Wick Presents" was, since one of our friends just got a job there. It took me a minute to realize she was talking about the RPG company and not like the movie property. Then she asked why I was cackling madly and I got to explain it to her and watch her face journey as she realized exactly what a lovely decision our friend had made.

Thank you, thread. Thank you so much.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

PantsOptional posted:

A few minutes ago, my wife asked me what "John Wick Presents" was, since one of our friends just got a job there. It took me a minute to realize she was talking about the RPG company and not like the movie property. Then she asked why I was cackling madly and I got to explain it to her and watch her face journey as she realized exactly what a lovely decision our friend had made.

Thank you, thread. Thank you so much.
Why exactly is working for Wick a lovely thing currently?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Foglet posted:

Why exactly is working for Wick a lovely thing currently?

Well, probably because by all indications his personality is extremely hostile, combative and insistent on turning every situation into a fight that he has to "win." This means he isn't really capable of making any content that isn't garbage, and it probably also means that working in any sort of proximity to him is going to be an unpleasant experience. It's hard to imagine that the Wick we've been dealing with in everything he's written is any different in this endeavour.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Obsidian: The Age of Judgement is a roleplaying game by Apophis Consortium published first in 1999, and this review uses the 2nd Edition from 2001. Written by Micah Skaritka, Dav Harnish, and Frank Nolan. Obsidian is a post-apocalyptic anarchist corporatist literal hell on earth secret knowledge crunchy dice-pool game. It is purchasable online here if you’d like to support the authors of this work.

Part 4: It Turns Out Humans are Part Rabbit

Picking up where we left off, the book makes its third change in writing style when discussing the settings history, which if you’ll remember, is theoretically all written by the same single person. With no more history to blandly muddle up, we go now to the far distant future of 2020 where the apocalypse beings. Terrible things start to happen which portend the doom of the world including “mayan sacrifices”, “2000% increase in crime”, “80% of southern and central Africans die of disease”, “global sword-based serial killers”, and “Dachau is a museum”. Yes, having a museum at Dachau is evil*:

About the same time, deep in the heart of Dachau (which, horrifically enough, had been converted into a museum)...

After some more really spooky events, which again I’m not making up such as “70% of American teenagers have tried drugs” and “business invents new computer circuit layout” we get into where the story actually has relevance to the setting as players experience it. It only took us 10 pages, but by goodness we made it. On December 31st 2026 at two minutes to midnight, because all of this extremely precise time and date information is the hallmark of great writing, Portals from the Circles begin to open and insane corrupted demons pour through. Humanity is utterly helpless in the face of these demons and by 2070 95% of all humans on earth are wiped out. This probably isn’t helped by NORAD’s strategy as written in the book that can be summarized as “split all of our armies into groups of 50 soldiers who have to drag 200 civilians along with them and then send them in different directions across the ruins of the world without any plan except to avoid the demons”. The book thinks this is a clever strategy.

After some more extremely stupid decisions involving NORAD, the remaining 400 million or so humans are nuked down to exactly 513 people. 80 of them then leave to search for other survivors and die off screen, so we actually have exactly 433 humans but the book doesn’t seem to care anymore about how many people are left. Suddenly a magic person appears in front of them and 45 members of this group of 433 are turned into Mystics; mighty warriors suffused with the power to destroy demons and beat back the armies of the circles (now called Hell) and who do not age.

You don’t get to play as them**.

Sir Dee Empee Sea

These 433 humans are then joined by 200 other humans who are/were part of the Box of Under, the Kult of the Circle of Under. The game gives no reason, no story hooks, and no explanation as to why this happens and even includes a in-universe commentary saying there is no known reason for it but to just accept it as good. This addition brings us up to 633 humans who then begin building the imaginatively named city of Bastion and within its walls all human civilization will survive for the next 227 years until the game’s present date of 2299.

In the intervening years between the founding of Bastion and the game’s starting date nothing much happens except some story hooks. Humans try to build another Bastion, it gets destroyed. They try to send people there, they all vanish. They then try to build another Bastion in another place and it gets destroyed. At the second place only half of everyone they send vanishes. No explanations are given because it’s spooky. The last plot hook is that one of the 45 mystics turns out to be evil, agrees to be exiled, and is never heard from again but because of his evil the Mystics set up a government with laws, but the book presents it as spooky and evil that they remain involved in government affairs after doing this. Yes, humans would have a lot of issues with their government if they found out it was influenced behind the scenes by the immortal, divinely blessed, battle-hardened saviors of the human race.

With the history out of the way, and the actual, somewhat useable in game setting details coming up, let’s take a moment to drink a couple of things in:

Xerxes the I’s lineage takes up more paragraphs than the entirety of story devoted to “45 super beings save the last of humanity from extinction and rule undying for 230 years which leads to the present state of the setting where you, the player characters, come in.”

You might be wondering why I kept highlighting the number of humans in detail. It’s both because the book does it and also because the official population for the city of Bastion in the year 2299 is 60 million. With a starting population of 633 humans assuredly producing a genetic bottleneck and having a population that has to mathematically triples every generation Obsidian goes for some unintentionally coherent world-building by having absolutely no stat or ability related to being more physically attractive than anyone else.

The game expects a lot of players, if not all of them, to want to be in a Kult or devote the game around rooting out Kults in human society. Even if you did play a human stupid or evil enough to want to sell out to the demons who lust for the genocide of the human race and almost succeeded, their isn’t really a reason Demon’s should want to make deals with the humans either. In the history section Kultists helped them bridge to Earth, but now that they have massive armies on Earth and direct access to its energies they don’t really need the Kultists anymore. Rather than come up with any sensible reason for this mechanic to still be in the game and the focal point of it, Obsidian will kindly ask you to ignore all of this and just assume the whole “secret cult” thing still works and makes sense. I'm not joking, there is a note that says demons form pacts with any human that wants to for no known reason.

Micah Skaritka, one of the authors of this game, was lead designer on Gat Outta Hell, among several other things.

Next Time: The City Clerk Can Provide You with the Paperwork to Your Assassination

*I’m starting to worry about this book’s authors at this point between this and the Kabbalahists
**Are you really surprised at this point?

Barudak fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 14, 2018

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Oh no

new circuit designs

how horrible

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Buglord
The archive should be up to date once more now btw.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
So many wasted words until the 'game start' content that would be better served by "after the Fall the remnants of humanity gather in the Last City, menaced by the legions of hell"
This is the unwanted unskipable intro to a bad 90's pc game.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

So many wasted words until the 'game start' content that would be better served by "after the Fall the remnants of humanity gather in the Last City, menaced by the legions of hell"
This is the unwanted unskipable intro to a bad 90's pc game.

For comparison to what I just reviewed this is the back of the book:

"The year is 2299, and a desperate humanity wages war against the manifested legions of Hell itself. In the final battle, the last vestiges of mankind construct a vast fortified cit to hold the daemonic hordes at bay. Within this city, massive corporations vie for power, daemonic kults carve a bloody swath through its citizenry, and technology has surpassed the limits of the flesh."

Why isn't that the entire section I just reviewed? Thats all I needed!

Despite the setting section being 29 pages long in total the next section will introduce something so exquisitely dumb and so heavily emphasized in the game I can't imagine a single game not immediately falling apart due to it if playing RAW.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Dachau was already a museum when this was written. I'm not sure if they think preserving the sites and evidence for Nazi crimes is wrong or... the other reason :godwin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

Zereth posted:

Oh no

new circuit designs

how horrible

Busco Quadnary doomed us all.