Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/25792657@N00/40947781330/in/album-72157670051600008/

Here's the full res image of the roster, 140MB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Macaluso posted:

RIP rock smash :(

The pokemon switch reportedly has invincibility frames, so you can retain the usefulness of rock smash while giving charizard a well-earned break.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
as long as you can charge up donkey kangs punch and knock people off my strategy will remain unaltered

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Gay Horney posted:

as long as you can charge up donkey kangs punch and knock people off my strategy will remain unaltered

good news.

you can now charge up dankey kangs punch in the air

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Zore posted:

good news.

you can now charge up dankey kangs punch in the air

You always could. Just not Samus' gun and some other things.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Bloop posted:

You always could. Just not Samus' gun and some other things.

Could you? I almost never played Donkey Kong in Smash so I assumed it worked like most of the charging moves.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Awesome, thanks

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

i'm going to buy a switch for this game

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Booyah- posted:

i'm going to buy a switch for this game

I'm going to buy this game for my Switch!

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Can Snake still rocket slide?

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Rhonne posted:

I hope so, I wanna hear David Hayter say "Bayonetta!?"

"She's the product of a forbidden union of an Umbran Witch and a Lumen Sage. As such, her magical powers are nearly unstoppable, but she has come into conflict with Heaven and Hell alike, and is unwelcome in either."
"Well, there's always room for her in Outer Heaven."

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

K Rool is ugly as all hell, I don't ever want K Rool. On the other hand, I'm baffled Dixie hasn't been added yet after all this time

Dixie's recovery would be OP as hell. She's literally a helicopter in simian form.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Patter Song posted:

Dixie's recovery would be OP as hell.

As long as Villager is in the game, no one would have better recovery.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Patter Song posted:

Dixie's recovery would be OP as hell. She's literally a helicopter in simian form.

It wouldn't be any more OP than Kirby's :shrug: They'd obviously change it so that she can't helicopter forever

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

God I love Zelda’s design the more I see it. She looks so much more fun to play.

Calaveron posted:

I think every stage is back dude

People have spotted 83! just from combing over footage and pictures on the website. I think this is safe to assume.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
"Sakurai-san, who should we bring back for the next Smash Bros?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c&t=10s

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
zelda being adorbs is the most important thing about 5ma5h

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If Shadow does turns out to be an echo fighter I hope we also get ones for other 3rd party characters like Ken.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

If Shadow does turns out to be an echo fighter I hope we also get ones for other 3rd party characters like Ken.

Yeah I was always miffed that they didn't even make him a costume for Ryu

As an echo fighter they could remove the red fireball, add the flaming dragonpunch and maayyyyybe change the whirlwind kick to multihit

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

“Watch out Snake! That’s Cloud Strife! He-“

“Uh, Colonel, I know about Cloud, he and I go way back”

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
do we know if one of Daisy's taunts is HI I'M DAISY yet

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

A Smash game without a playable Waluigi isn't a Smash game worth playing.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Your Computer posted:

do we know if one of Daisy's taunts is HI I'M DAISY yet

This is the important question

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I can see every stage but Miiverse returning, and if we can get pseudo-Miiverse tech for spla2n I wouldn't be surprised if we got it for Smash Ultimate too.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Waluigi was never a fighter. They never said every Nintendo character.

People just want a new Ridley to fill the meme void and he's the only one halfway close to notable enough left

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Mr Game and Watch is basically a meme that no one asked for

Trade his flat rear end for Wario

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Nodosaur posted:

Waluigi was never a fighter. They never said every Nintendo character.

People just want a new Ridley to fill the meme void and he's the only one halfway close to notable enough left
lovely Ridley partisans have moved on to Shantae.

Waluigi is cool and good.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I think the Smash community is feeling a greater loss with the death of the Ridley meme than some may expect

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Waluigi's whole point is that he's an imitation of an imitation.

Actually putting him in something significant betrays the entire point of Waluigi. He is a shadow of a shadow. A homunculus made from an alchemical reaction of distilled second banana. He and Wario aren't even canonically brothers, they're just two people who happen to want to rip on the Mario Bros.' style. He's fundamentally incapable of being original, and it would undo everything that actually works about him to even try.

Put Waluigi into Smash if you want him to stop being Waluigi.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Waluigi is amazing because you can replace the lyrics to Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" with Waluigi themed lyrics, but King K. Rool will always have my Smash vote.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:yeah:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4R8FakDJ6s

The game looks like a much bigger upgrade graphically over Smash 4 than I realized. The new lighting is great.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah the lighting is amaxing. Watching 1v1 close up fight it looks waaay better than smash 4

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
People are overcomplicating the echo thing. Echoes have ALL the same moves.

pichu has his own up smash (and pikachu got a new nair)

doc has his own down air and down b

Toon Link has no kicking air moves and link's new moves and current dash attack/fair dont match young link anymore

dark pit, lucina, and daisy have no new moves, the moves just have different effects.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
What's most impressive is the upgrade to a smaller device

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Some of the new animation is also incredible. I'm honestly really impressed how much was improved just from the base assets they had from last time.

Has anyone confirmed if Cappy is an attack or just a feature thing that pops up with his eyes?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I know the gameplay will all be recorded off a tv but I'm really itching to see some portable gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah the lighting and animations really make everything looking cinematic and fluid. Looks amazing to watch and probably will be fun as poo poo to play. Looking like the best smash to date, I'm way too stoked