Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifisto

the only rule of this thread is, you may not say the forbidden word. you may however refer to it.

for example if the forbidden word was "p*nts," you could write it with an asterisk

however the forbidden word is NOT p*nts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

fun fact, the forbidden word appears nowhere in the bible, but you can tell they're itching to say it

Manifisto

me, slyly presenting my friend with a rebus: really, you don't get it? just say the parts out loud

friend: [redacted]

*demonic shadows issue from the floor and float menacingly towards my friend*

me: haha, pranked!!

krampster2

I'm thought policing this thread so if anyone so much as thinks about you know what, I'm gonna be on to you.

Manifisto

rule update: if you say the word ironically, that's maybe not the same as saying the word?

I mean, feel free to try it and see if u get probed

(or damned to eternal perdition, haha)

Manifisto

say everyone, I'm haveing trouble remembering the opening line of the rznv reggae. can anyone remind me of how it goes?

MockingQuantum

if I do not know the forbidden word, is it truly forbidden for me? I have not been explicitly been forbade. If anything, I've been encouraged to say n-x words, where x is undefined

and that's just bad math

thank you luvcow for the sig

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

krampster2 posted:

I'm thought policing this thread so if anyone so much as thinks about you know what, I'm gonna be on to you.

*looks up from bathroom sink, tongue halfway sawed off and blood gurgling down my chin*

"fuuuuuuuuckk....."

Manifisto

the forbidden word is cool and saying it makes you look cool

kids are having "forbidden word parties" where they get together and say it. sex, booze, weed, bath salts, etc are passe.

people over 23 don't "get" the forbidden word. for example adults actually think that "tfw" means "that feel when," lol

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
fun fact: even George Carlin refused to utter the forbidden word :eng101:

bonus fun fact: the forbidden word is the Lambada of the english language :tutbutt:

MockingQuantum

the forbidden word once gained sentience and declared itself the dictator of dankostan, a place of dark, eldritch majicks located between Denmark and Germany. The strip of land on which dankostan was located has ceased to exist, or have ever existed. Scholars disagree as to why this has happened, but the general consensus is it involved the forbidden word saying itself, three times, in the dark, while looking in a mirror

Manifisto

Luvcow posted:

bonus fun fact: the forbidden word is the Lambada of the english language :tutbutt:

I've seen a screenplay of a movie about this, they were going to call it "coccyx: the forbidden word" :rolleyes:

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I asked my Ouija to spell out the forbidden word when all spelled out it looks like the skyline to a forbidden city. Very spooky. Were the opening credits of Frasier trying to warn us?

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Manifisto

Jolo posted:

I asked my Ouija to spell out the forbidden word when all spelled out it looks like the skyline to a forbidden city. Very spooky. Were the opening credits of Frasier trying to warn us?

TOSSED SALADS = the riches made by those who guard the secret of the forbidden word

SCRAMBLED EGGS = the madness that comes to those who speak it lightly

Chasterson

by Nyc_Tattoo
I took an american lit survey course my freshman year and when we discussed Twain's use of the forbidden word in A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court 2:Still Courtin our professor said we should just refer to it as the r̨͇͍̥̯̻̹̬̬̩͙̜̕͜͡ǫ̴͈̳̩̝̮̀͢ŕ̸͏̸̩̱͔̬p̶̟͈͙͍̯͚̲̥̻̫̭̩̹̜͍̙͎͞ͅ word

it still made a lot of the students uncomfortable, I wonder if they still do it that way or if that was just how that one professor handled it because it was sorta hosed

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

alnilam

There's a forbidden word at the end of this thread

Manifisto

Chasterson posted:

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court 2:Still Courtin

lol

alnilam

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I sure hope the word isn't antidisestablishmentarianism because I would hate to have to type it all out again...

City of Glompton

is it...f***p?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Chasterson posted:

I took an american lit survey course my freshman year and when we discussed Twain's use of the forbidden word in A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court 2:Still Courtin our professor said we should just refer to it as the r̨͇͍̥̯̻̹̬̬̩͙̜̕͜͡ǫ̴͈̳̩̝̮̀͢ŕ̸͏̸̩̱͔̬p̶̟͈͙͍̯͚̲̥̻̫̭̩̹̜͍̙͎͞ͅ word

it still made a lot of the students uncomfortable, I wonder if they still do it that way or if that was just how that one professor handled it because it was sorta hosed

I was always put off by the character in Huck Finn 2: Steamboat Boogaloo honkey huck

Manifisto

City of Glompton posted:

is it...f***p?

*nervous murmuring in the crowd* "did she just say . . . ?" "naw, she couldn't have . . . could she?"

Robot Made of Meat

Manifisto posted:

fun fact, the forbidden word appears nowhere in the bible, but you can tell they're itching to say it

The bibliographers didn't have the '*', so they couldn't.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

alnilam

Borges reads this trhread and he's like psh amateurs

Manifisto

ban queued

ShortStack

tinystax
it's not butt right

i can still say butt?

vanisher made my sig and it's super cool thanks v

Papa Was A Video Toaster

antiquing?

MockingQuantum

ShortStack posted:

it's not butt right

i can still say butt?

we were so busy asking ourselves if we could, we never stopped to ask if we should

butt yes, you can say butt

and should

butt butt butt

Amateur Saboteur

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Asscuze me but I think the word mi hj t be "rear end" :)

----------------

Amateur Saboteur

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
this thing on?

......eow

----------------

krampster2

It was me, I am the scientist who developed the forbidden word.

All I wanted was to make the world a better place; I thought the forbidden word could be used to ward of evils like climate change and poverty.

When I realised its destructive power, I tried to dispose of it in the waste bin outside my lab. But at night, a nasty war general snuck into the trash and stole the awful word! Now they have weaponised it and are shouting it at innocent civilians in battle who will never recover from hearing *****. I feel terrible :(

Amateur Saboteur

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

alnilam posted:

Borges reads this trhread and he's like psh amateurs
sent to fight ?*

*note that I typed "want" before auto correct laid its dirty dang digits upon me
But
I thought it was kinda cooler :black101: :dukedog:👩🏿‍🚀

----------------

super sweet best pal

Amateur Saboteur posted:

Asscuze me but I think the word mi hj t be "rear end" :)

Some versions of the Bible have it but they're talking about donkeys.

City of Glompton

hmm well its not fremp so it can't be roop, or poob. p sure I can say tjose freely

ShortStack

tinystax
butt

alnilam

TVsVeryOwn posted:

antiquing?

funderful

Jolo

I wrote the forbidden word in toothpaste on my bathroom mirror three times. Then suddenly my wife appeared behind me and spoke the following words, "What the hell is all this? Clean this up, you weirdo." I'm spooked.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Jolo

I'm going to reflect on the mirror words.

alnilam

Jolo posted:

I wrote the forbidden word in toothpaste on my bathroom mirror three times. Then suddenly my wife appeared behind me and spoke the following words, "What the hell is all this? Clean this up, you weirdo." I'm spooked.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortStack

tinystax
gravy. it's gravy right?

• Locked thread