Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

That would suck. Time to give Lowtax and his broken body some dosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
its gonna be real hosed up if the american healthcare system basically ends up killing the forums

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

jimmyjams posted:

its gonna be real hosed up if the american healthcare system basically ends up killing the forums

TRUMP

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
What’s the SA poster exit strategy? Me and my alts might move to the bodybuilder forum

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hey trump throw a couple mil ol' lowtax's way why dontcha. he's an even nicer guy than kim jong-un

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I donated some more now I wrangle kitchen appliances

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Kuato posted:

What’s the SA poster exit strategy? Me and my alts might move to the bodybuilder forum

a subreddit obvs

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Kuato posted:

become a reddit karma farmer, maybe start playing world of warcraft if it still exists

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
either way the futures bleak

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's loving sad to say but I don't know what I'd read on the internet without SA.

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

it was never going to last forever.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lowtax said he'd feel bad putting up a GoFundMe for his mom, but how about for SA?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Lowtax needs to add a small monthly subscription cost.

Wow I just fixed your problem, give me my 10% cut for my consulting fee.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Kuato posted:

I dunno, spend more time on subreddits I like? Reddit's OK, but it's not the same as a forum and it doesn't have cool smileys. Surely there has to be one super-rich goon left who can afford to just buy the whole thing for an inflated price so it never goes away?

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Why doesn't that forum poster who won the lottery just pay the $80 / month hosting fee? Has anyone asked him?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

It wouldn't even need to be compulsory. Just make it voluntary, give a cool reward like a custom gang tag or plat icon for different tiers ($5/$10/$25). I know nothing about coding or the forum software or anything like that, but it doesn't seem like that would be beyond what we basically already have.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

each post is $.50 and each reply is $0.01, billed at the end of the month

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Just make a patreon for SA separate from the Gaming Garbage one

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
Stick a quarter in a jar every time someone makes you lol or says something enlightening. At the end of the month give that money to Lowtax.

E: I realize that I need to buy an av.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I bet it ends up being an even split between Something Sensitive, Skullmund, and those that just turn off their monitors and step outside forever.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
It would be helpful to have some sort of doomsday clock to show how close the forums are to the end so we could plan ahead

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean the patreon does say that the forums are part of it. Right now its probably all for Lowtax's robo-spine

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This.

I would no problem click one time to patreon-style donate monthly a few bucks rather than having to think about something to buy especially when I already have everything on my account.

Give people who donate access to unobtrusive stuff like A DRAWING OF A SPACESHIP THAT'S RIGHT LOWTAX WHERE'S MY SPACESHIP

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
Change the front page to the forums. Combine some elements of the front page onto the front page of the forums. That will get a lot more new traffic to the forums which will give Lowtax more money.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i am uncertain as to how much choice you have, OP

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong

The Glumslinger posted:

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
Doesn't patreon take a cut? Lowtax already has a system in place to accept credit card transactions. Is it difficult adding a subscription aspect to the system? I honestly don't know.

Bo-Pepper
Sep 9, 2002

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

Fun Shoe
I'M JUST ASKING QUESTIONS

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

The Glumslinger posted:

Like I legit spend more Money on beer on a random week than I spent on the forum all these years, I'd be fine with paying a few bux a month. Do a few reward tiers like every month you get a Avatar change for the 5 buck monthly etc.

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe
How about I collect pledges of like $1 for every chicken wing I eat and then I eat a whole mess of chicken wings?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

hevnz 2 murgatroyd posted:

How about I collect pledges of like $1 for every chicken wing I eat and then I eat a whole mess of chicken wings?

I will pay 1 for each chicken

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
when is that recurring payment thing for donations going to start? I want to give 10 bucks a month.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gonna turn my monitor off and shitpost in the real.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
i dont know aBOUT you fucks but i am going to shitpost until the day i die

preferably here

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
what i am saying is that i will probably donate another :10bux: :10bux: soon

fruit on the bottom posted:

I bet it ends up being an even split between Something Sensitive, Skullmund, and those that just turn off their monitors and step outside forever.

i am jealous of your donate tag toilet rascal is a dope one

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
i die with the forums

hevnz 2 murgatroyd
Apr 13, 2018

by Smythe

DrPossum posted:

i die with the forums

We all do. Read your EULA

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I will make a bunch of SVG icons if\when we can upload a custom one for platinum users.

e: finally stopped being a nap ghost.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Are these donations even making a dent in what needs to be done to keep the place sustainable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Damo posted:

i dont know aBOUT you fucks but i am going to shitpost until the day i die

preferably here

:agreed:

• Locked thread