Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Spikeguy posted:

When did the modern era begin?

I consider it everything from Wrestlemania 1, which makes sense because Hogan's 1,474 day reign ended in January 1984. Almost all of the WWE Championship reigns before that could be measured in 'thousands of days'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

VJeff posted:

And going to WWE is gonna fix that? They'll just go from not seeing them because they're in Japan to not seeing them because they're at a house show in Fuckville, Kansas. At least with the former they have control of their characters.

I mean I could easily be wrong, but I’ve seen them (and others) mention that even on a wwe schedule you at least get to see them a few days every week and if something were to happen, you’d only be a couple hours away.

It’s a large reason why AJ and Karl jumped.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

And if it's an NXT deal welp

Dave's been pretty consistent that any situation where the Bucks or Kenny end up in WWE is a situation where they're on the main roster. If they're signed, it's for Raw or SD

or comedy option 205

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

I dunno if Rovert can confirm or deny this but I assume AoP and Sanity were going to be in the tag team MitB match and then that got scrapped, so they don't have anything for them because WWE can't book a tag team division outside the top two teams and maybe one more to be a future challenger like Bludgeon Bros or McIntyre Ziggler.

I will try to get that answered. Takeover weeks are good to get info as everyone is real chatty.

One thing I've always forgotten to ask and just learnt today is that NXT wrestlers do get paid for live events and Takeovers. One stage that wasn't true. But Bayley and NXT Brooklyn and a mild social media outcry (Meltzer reported it) was the impetus for that change. Go Bayley.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

This is true, if Punk had fixed fights like Takada he'd still find a way to lose.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

rovert posted:

I will try to get that answered. Takeover weeks are good to get info as everyone is real chatty.

One thing I've always forgotten to ask and just learnt today is that NXT wrestlers do get paid for live events and Takeovers. One stage that wasn't true. But Bayley and NXT Brooklyn and a mild social media outcry (Meltzer reported it) was the impetus for that change. Go Bayley.

no wonder they bury her

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

no wonder they bury her

I think you're joking but I unironically believe this now

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Jackie D posted:

I think you're joking but I unironically believe this now

Baron Corbin started poo poo talking the guy wwe paid to speak on concussions to the wrestlers and then he got to blow his cash in attempt spectacularly.

if I remember, he had some dumb ideas on concussions too, but regardless, standing up for workers rights in wwe never seems to go super great.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Everybody should be more like Roman and go to the back to accept their rear end chewing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

shiksa posted:

Baron Corbin started poo poo talking the guy wwe paid to speak on concussions to the wrestlers and then he got to blow his cash in attempt spectacularly.

if I remember, he had some dumb ideas on concussions too, but regardless, standing up for workers rights in wwe never seems to go super great.

He thinks helmets cause them.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

VJeff posted:

Everybody should be more like Roman and go to the back to accept their rear end chewing.

The Big Dog knows to attend obedience class and he’ll get his treat.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

his treat is being the highest paid non-part timer

sami tries to do the awful action of helping orphans in syria when the saudi kingdom wants them dead and ends up in the worst feud of the year to who i'm convinced is the worst person on the roster

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Seriously gently caress you if you say "well Bobby Lashley was good in TNA" or some poo poo, nobody watches it and it can't even claim some underground cred

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Him randomly brawling with Eddie Edwards in the woods was one of the best things in the last Hardy compound filmed thing ever done in TNA

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
*busts into thread panting*

Guys, did you know Big Cass is 7 feet tall??

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

In short no one knows about AOP or Sanity. Last week there was talk about "relaunching" AOP and debuting Sanity. And that's all I got.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*busts into thread panting*

Guys, did you know Big Cass is 7 feet tall??

oh poo poo, hold on guys i gotta go change my post in the favorite wrestler thread

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
People treat WWE doing terrible, awful booking with their favs as the WWE punishing someone when in actual fact the bookers are trying their hardest and this is what you get.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rovert posted:

In short no one knows about AOP or Sanity. Last week there was talk about "relaunching" AOP and debuting Sanity. And that's all I got.

if delaying sanity means Nikki cross is still there then I'm still for it

shame about those big dlo browns though

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Gonzo McFee posted:

People treat WWE doing terrible, awful booking with their favs as the WWE punishing someone when in actual fact the bookers are trying their hardest and this is what you get.

If what we see is bookers trying their hardest then creative must be like the writing version of QWOP

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If what we see is bookers trying their hardest then creative must be like the writing version of QWOP

From the stories coming out of it working along side Vince is the writing equivalent of a sweatshop working to patterns that don't make sense.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

depends on the moment to moment, most is just poo poo but sami isn't even a fav and this feels like punishment booking for the saudi thing

plus there's plenty of precedent for spite booking for doing what corbin and bayley did

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Corbin's sudden head shaving apparently might be hair transplant related.

So here for that.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Hair implants you say

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

shiksa posted:

if delaying sanity means Nikki cross is still there then I'm still for it

She wasn't in the hype image when they got drafted so she wasn't part of the callup anyway

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Plus the Vince Filter, which is where the punishment aspect comes in. I will die on the hill that NXT and 205 are consistently good (which they are) and it's no coincidence that Vince has nothing to do with them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Was the tag team MitB ever a thing?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

VJeff posted:

Was the tag team MitB ever a thing?

it was but it was dropped early because they wanted to devote creative to other programs

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave's been pretty consistent that any situation where the Bucks or Kenny end up in WWE is a situation where they're on the main roster. If they're signed, it's for Raw or SD

or comedy option 205

I can't wait to see the Bucks follow in the path paved by Gallows and Anderson.

Or for Omega to appear in his first Balls Count Anywhere match.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Sono posted:

I can't wait to see the Bucks follow in the path paved by Gallows and Anderson.

Or for Omega to appear in his first Balls Count Anywhere match.

Can't wait to see Omega get squashed by Dolph Ziggler while the announceres opine that his accomplishments mean nothing cause they didn't happen in wwe

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Welcome to the majors, kid :smug:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Justin_SofOK/status/1007058660604989440

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/1007060904150814721

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Yeah guys Kenny Omega would totally get turned into a massive punk remember when AJ Styles was a massive failure and he's floundering at the bottom of the card?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Haha yes the one outlier is surely indicative of how Kenny Omega would be pushed

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

Yeah guys Kenny Omega would totally get turned into a massive punk remember when AJ Styles was a massive failure and he's floundering at the bottom of the card?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Can't wait to see Omega get squashed by Dolph Ziggler while the announceres opine that his accomplishments mean nothing cause they didn't happen in wwe

is gonna be what happens

Doesn't matter what you did outside the company, you did it outside the company, so you're eligible for at least one big "welcome to the big leagues" moment when you enter

Nak was the only guy who had a clean loss to one Khallas during Jinder's whole reign
Styles was the only person who couldn't beat Jericho during a Mania in the 2010s
Even Brock lost his first match coming back from the UFC because he was seen as having crawled back to them, so he had to take his lumps and lose to Cena like everyone else

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

omega is tall and not 40 years old if they pay him what they need to pay him to get him to jump from njpw they're going to want to push him based on the payroll so he'll be fine. he probably won't be "the guy" likely he'll be the Other Brand Top Guy but he'll be fine.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Haha yes the one outlier is surely indicative of how Kenny Omega would be pushed

It isn't even an outlier, if you go back to the Mania thread even before the loss to Jericho happened, everyone was ranting about the match even happening because it was so clearly beneath Styles so of course he'd win (He Didn't)

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what got styles his push was his massive reactions at house shows everywhere from paducah to boston. he was also immediately one of their top merchandise movers and the boys all loved him.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

bradzilla posted:

Yeah man they'll spend an enormous amount of money to acquire the best wrestler on Earth and have him get squashed by Big Show. As we all know WWE is run by reverse-vampire demons who survive on the tears of wrestling fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

Yeah man they'll spend an enormous amount of money to acquire the best wrestler on Earth and have him get squashed by Big Show. As we all know WWE is run by reverse-vampire demons who survive on the tears of wrestling fans.

wwe paid $9m for the big show had stone cold beat him then sent him to ovw because he was too big. the paycheck a guy gets doesn't always reflect a push, it usually does, but it doesn' t always.

• Locked thread