Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Hiroshi Tanahashi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Venomous posted:

Hiroshi Tanahashi

I had people over to watch WK who'd never seen NJPW and they all marveled at Tana's hair and tan. I told them he was 41 and they were in shock.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I had people over to watch WK who'd never seen NJPW and they all marveled at Tana's hair and tan. I told them he was 41 and they were in shock.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tana was a teetotaler, dude is in incredible shape for a man his age

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Tana was a teetotaler, dude is in incredible shape for a man his age
he does a lot of steroids.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

Io

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

she good.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

Buddy of mine gave me a "if you had to start WWE with 10 WWE wrestlers, who would they be" question post-Mania, and I went with

Braun
Styles
DBry
Gargano
Almas
Miz
Charlotte
Asuka
Becky
Alexa

But apart from that crew, my GOAT is the guy who wears it on his too-small trunks, Y2J baby.

Stone Cold
The Rock
Bret Hart
Daniel Bryan
AJ Styles
Brock Lesnar
Shawn Michaels
The Undertaker
Kenny Omega
Okada

No offense to the women but you could build around that for a solid year

Edit: ok two of those aren’t wwe I’m just thinking who work work for a current wwe audience if they were all in their prime

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 14, 2018

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the best roster to build would be

stone cold
genichiro tenryu
police man
chris sabin
brian cage
bandido
snisky
drago
wataru inoue
giant tiger

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you
I got into wrestling not long after the nWo became a thing.
By the end of 1996, I realized that the only wrestler that was entertaining every drat time he stepped into the spotlight, was Chris Jericho.

He could carry a feud with anyone, even if the other party wasn't involved. The man of 1004 holds with Malenko, "Jericho goes to Washington", the Goldberg taunting...so many times he just made things work with little else than his creativity and charisma.
He could win or lose convincingly. His style worked well with both large and small opponents, and he could adjust it to suit the match. I can't recall a squash match he's ever been involved in.
He was consistently entertaining in the ring, and not many other WCW wrestlers were.

His WWF debut was legendary, it's a pity he was underutilized afterwards, but he made the most of his time in the midcard by elevating the performances of other people. I would argue that neither Chyna nor Chris Benoit would have had the careers they did if not for the ability of Jericho (and Eddie Guerrero) to sell them as he did.
When he had the opportunity to work with someone who was actually good on the mic, he could play to their strengths like no one else. It wasn't just a war of catch phrases and "I'm better than you" promos. There was depth of character that few other wrestlers have shown. Cup of Pee anyone?

20+ years later, I still think he is still the one guy who could make any booking work, any day of the week. He is the complete wrestler.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

or maybe hacksaw

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Terry Funk.

He will punch you right in the drat face.

He will no sell a horse
https://youtu.be/LyzGt8tPFaM

And invite an old friend to be a part of the show again.
https://youtu.be/2gOJkXsBFE8

I think he's great.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Terry Funk.

He will punch you right in the drat face.

He will no sell a horse
https://youtu.be/LyzGt8tPFaM

And invite an old friend to be a part of the show again.
https://youtu.be/2gOJkXsBFE8

I think he's great.

He also had the best promos

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Daniel Bryan Danielson.

I could write an essay about this. But i won't. He has this intangible element about him. He's been my favorite since 2004.

His success is wonderful and gently caress he's the most over person in the WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

S C S A

• Locked thread