Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Dongblade is the future. Stroker Titan is the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Alter Ego posted:

I would like the option for bigger fireteams though...my friends ditched this game on me because we couldn't all play in the same group :smith:

Lol :sad:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Oh ok so Year 1 weapons are staying exactly the same but Year 2 weapons will have random rolls. Honestly not a bad compromise cause you'll have Better Devils and Antiope etc to fallback on until you get the Year 2 God roll you've always wanted.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is there a livestream or something? where are these details?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
they've been giving interviews at e3 so basically every gaming news site and reddit

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

also from every streamer/youtuber who went to the community summit and had their major info embargo lifted. Apparently Forsaken has a lot of content that is still under embargo too!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

AAB posted:

also from every streamer/youtuber who went to the community summit and had their major info embargo lifted. Apparently Forsaken has a lot of content that is still under embargo too!

NDA'ed and it's still Foresaken

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

NDA'ed and it's still Foresaken

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

If Cayde remains dead, please refer to him as Cayde-6-ft-under in game, Mr. Bungie.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

If Cayde remains dead, please refer to him as Cayde-6-ft-under in game, Mr. Bungie.

Cayde-6 is going to die.

Cayde-7 will be at the tower and will say poo poo like "I don't remember much, but I do remember you, Guardian" when you run past.

Calling it now.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh dang they're killing off the Exo in the same expansion where they introduce the Deep Stone Crypt, where the original copies of all the Exo personalities are stored????

Goodbye forever Cayde

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Cayde-7 should come back in a cookie and relive his last moments over and over :colbert:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Put him in the chicken

Colonel loves you!

Colonel needs a hug!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
JUST KILL HIM YOU COWARDS

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Rad to see that Warlocks have joined the TruSupport spec club with Dongblade's new Extra Bigass Rifts™.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Oh dang they're killing off the Exo in the same expansion where they introduce the Deep Stone Crypt, where the original copies of all the Exo personalities are stored????

Goodbye forever Cayde

??????

I'm in the loving Bahamas and can't keep up with this E3 poo poo. What is happening? Is the Deep Stone Crypt in Awoken territory or something?

I feel like Byf might sincerely cut a bitch if that's true.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is there a livestream or something? where are these details?

https://www.pcgamer.com/bungie-on-w...uffer-pcgamertw

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

quote:

Can you pull stuff out of your collection like you would an exotic kiosk?

Taylor: Yeah, you can pull out exotics, you can pull out the Year 1 stuff, and then for the Forsaken random rolls, we're gonna dive into the details of that soon. Shaders you'll be able to pull out as well.

Good move for the y1 stuff and shaders

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

texaholic posted:

Good move for the y1 stuff and shaders

Great news.

Feeling really really good about Foreskin. Probably the most I’ve ever been excited for Foreskin in my life actually.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Okay. I'm pretty broke, but if they're actually going to fix shaders, I guess I feel a little obligated to get a copy.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Goodbye forever Cayde

where did they talk about the deep stone crypt?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
pretty sure we're just getting the home of the awoken, not the exo stuff

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Put him in the chicken

Colonel loves you!

Colonel needs a hug!

kill off Colonel, but then have him come back as Colonel-1, an Exo chicken.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Colonel is the only character in the game with a personality

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
[brzzzzt] Hey Uldren - CLUCK You!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.pcgamer.com/bungie-on-w...uffer-pcgamertw

Cayde-6 is confirmed as super dead. 100% confirmed. There will not be a Cayde-6.1. Nor a Cayde-6 2.0. Nor a Cayde-69. Nor a Cayde-7.

There is only Cayde-6ftunder.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

PC Gamer: And you can't put it out there only to take it back.

Taylor: He's dead. He is dead. I will 100 percent confirm Cayde's dead. We want people to understand the stakes here. You should really hate the people who did this

Ok but I don’t hate these people for this and I need to know if I can switch from the good guys to the bad guys, Mr. Taylor.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
They're doing the JJ Abrams "Benedict Cumberbatch is NOT Kahn" thing

He's dead. He is dead. I will 100 percent confirm Cayde's dead = Cayde-7, fully and completely

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
in today's day and age just about every big release has writers/developers/producers/directors lying through their teeth about things

perhaps the most infamous is casey hudson saying that mass effect 3 would not have a three button ending like DX:HR something like two days prior to release

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I've said it about 4 times in the Discord but the only solution I will accept is killing Cayde and putting Failsafe in his body. :colbert:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Cayde-69

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Cayde-5 was still alive the whole time.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Who the gently caress are you gonna get your capes from then

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The high-value target hunt for the DO warlock chest piece is easily the worst grind I've done in Destiny. Not the longest, not the hardest, but the most tedious and boring.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RocketRaygun posted:

where did they talk about the deep stone crypt?

Lore tab for the Goblin-Null

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I just finished the curse of osiris and I must say. I didn't hate it. It might be co's I bought it on sale, but I found it pretty ok. I understand that the game is and was in a bad state content and gameplay wise, but story wise I'm not sure I understand what people expected. A buddy flick?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Something à bit longer with an infinite forest that isn't just gray boxes. Also strikes that aren't just 2 of the story missions.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

What's the curse even.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The dlc was the curse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Pigbottom posted:

I just finished the curse of osiris and I must say. I didn't hate it. It might be co's I bought it on sale, but I found it pretty ok. I understand that the game is and was in a bad state content and gameplay wise, but story wise I'm not sure I understand what people expected. A buddy flick?

On it's own, it's not that bad. The biggest issue was that it was more of the same during the height of the community's bitching about d2.

I don't really hate CoO or it's mechanics. The Forge is a fine side-grind... it doesn't have any guns worth chasing but since you gain it's resources doing things worth chasing and it drops powerful gear it's not terrible.

The game is measurably getting better. Yeah, people will complain that it should have launched like this but hey, what are you going to do.

• Locked thread