Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I just love that the only things Ethan was ever genuinely phased by were the insects

Centipede: gently caress fuuuuuck
Wife cut his hand off: OK a bitch gonna have to die for that one
I'm pretty sure Ethan liked that cop who didn't believe his story more than his own wife.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I occasionally wonder if Ethan's sheer :geno: is a result of of them wanting to do the FPS player surrogate thing where they didn't want him to exhibit enough personality to distance you, but then they also made his reason for being there personal enough that they couldn't just make him a blank slate.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I like how it isn't always immediately obvious when you put the final hit into a z. They keep going for a sec before collapsing. It's a minor detail but little things like that add up.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
It looks like RPD has been reworked to be less linear- I doubt crimson heads are a thing but they might be a bit more relevant in an expanded RPD. Original RE2's RPD was pretty linear itself- the main advantage it had over the rest of the game was that the illusion worked a lot better.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Caidin posted:

I occasionally wonder if Ethan's sheer :geno: is a result of of them wanting to do the FPS player surrogate thing where they didn't want him to exhibit enough personality to distance you, but then they also made his reason for being there personal enough that they couldn't just make him a blank slate.

This was my take of it. With it being a VR experience for rich bastards who have the Playstation VR they wanted immersion as much as possible. Giving the character to much character :effort: would detract from that

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DeadButDelicious posted:

Then on the other hand you go punching zombies in the face as hillbilly son of the soil Joe which was rad as balls.

Playing this DLC made me think that if they ever make a new Splatterhouse game that it should be in first person.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Vakal posted:

Playing this DLC made me think that if they ever make a new Splatterhouse game that it should be in first person.

Did you play the one that came out on PS3/360? That game is a severely flawed gem. Highly recommend it as a light spectacle action game for a laugh if you can overlook the flaws.

DeadButDelicious fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jun 14, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Raxivace posted:

I'm pretty sure Ethan liked that cop who didn't believe his story more than his own wife.

I love the cop. Everything about him is so :downs:

Ethan: Help! I am prisoner in this house. get me out of here
Cop: No way I'm not letting you out. How do I know you didn't kidnap yourself and you are a crazy killer?
Ethan: well, give me your gun then.
Cop: hmmm. maybe. Wait no, I'm not giving you my gun. you can have my knife though. Walk around the corner and I'll let you out of the house.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
hoping that in remake2, hunk takes off his helmet and its the same redfield model from 7 just to canonize that and get the real beefcake photogem'ed

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Clancy was the man, though

Witnessed his production crew get brutally killed

Survived an escape room (zipping out of that room while Marguerite was briefly incapacitated by the little knife is probably one of the most gently caress gently caress fuuuuuck oh poo poo moments in a game)

Massacred dozens of Molded and beat the stuffing out of Jack at least twice

Beat Lucas in a battle of wits

Got to have his own party with cake and a clown and high proof liquor

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like when Clancy threatened to just burn the fuckin' mansion down.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

hoping that in remake2, hunk takes off his helmet and its the same redfield model from 7 just to canonize that and get the real beefcake photogem'ed

We know who Hunk is, he's a generic blonde white guy--though I'd still welcome this change.

I hope we get the EX files and the Brad Vickers zombie in this again.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
the real question is; what about tofu?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tofu and HUNK are both going to be infected with a virus, and we have to choose which of them gets the one vial of cure we have left.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Raxivace posted:

Tofu and HUNK are both going to be infected with a virus, and we have to choose which of them gets the one vial of cure we have left.

can we still eat tofu even if he's infected?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

I hope we get the EX files and the Brad Vickers zombie in this again.

There is going to be a "One Dangerous Zombie" mode again like in the first ReMake, but this time it will be Brad Vickers and he will just sort of stumble around and bump into you at times and it will be really annoying.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I've always wondered why more games haven't done stuff like this. I'm guessing it's pretty engine-intensive to do things like have limb damage correspond to exactly where weapons impact instead of the usual stuff like shooting someone in the hand to cripple their whole arm, etc? I guess Metal Gear Rising sort of did that with blade mode, but I can't think of any other examples off the top of my head. Always thought that for games like RE especially, that would be a huge step in immersiveness.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
You mean "One Scared Zombie", who attracts other monsters with all the ruckus he causes running away from you.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I've always wondered why more games haven't done stuff like this. I'm guessing it's pretty engine-intensive to do things like have limb damage correspond to exactly where weapons impact instead of the usual stuff like shooting someone in the hand to cripple their whole arm, etc? I guess Metal Gear Rising sort of did that with blade mode, but I can't think of any other examples off the top of my head. Always thought that for games like RE especially, that would be a huge step in immersiveness.

changing their attack patterns and animation skeletons on the fly is a lot of work. i'd be surprised if you can do it to non-zombie enemies.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You mean "One Scared Zombie", who attracts other monsters with all the ruckus he causes running away from you.

This is actually a cool and good idea. PC modding had better be more than weird skyrim fetish poo poo.

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
I hope they release the demo after E3. I think they did that after the RE7 E3 two years ago.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Misery’s stack just got eliminated lmao

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Hope there's a mod to add laser sight back.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

don't think we're getting a demo.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Vikar Jerome posted:

don't think we're getting a demo.

What a bummer.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Wait UK may get a demo?!

This has gotta be due to Brexit right?! ..... right?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

VoLaTiLe posted:

Wait UK may get a demo?!

This has gotta be due to Brexit right?! ..... right?

I imagine it's more referring to the fact that Capcom UK may have the demo playable at an upcoming event.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Raxivace posted:

There won't be any tofu or hunk because it wasn't in the E3 video.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Len posted:

Well duh, how would they fit in when the entire game is set in the RPD lobby?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I’m hyped as poo poo for this game! From the trailers, it’s hard to tell, but it looks like Marvin might not be wounded/dying when Leon first meets him?

Can anybody correct me if I’m wrong?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

frame by framed the 2nd trailer and i think it confirms fixed cameras and also first person mode. theres shots early on done in first person, could be just the intro but theres one gameplay section in first person. and then theres another quick shot near the end of leon running toward a fixed camera position. so either they are not ready to announce it/saving for pre-order bonuses/unlockable modes or its just some poo poo for the trailer. i heard they were working on doing both but they haven't mentioned it one way or the other with the e3 demo.

i dont think the first person mode, if it is in, is gonna be VR tho, unless that mode is pc/ps4pro only or something.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

LadyPictureShow posted:

I’m hyped as poo poo for this game! From the trailers, it’s hard to tell, but it looks like Marvin might not be wounded/dying when Leon first meets him?

Can anybody correct me if I’m wrong?

going by the e3 demo he's wounded, holding his sides covered in blood. seems to have a much bigger role radioing leon as he wanders around tho. i wonder if hes gonna turn because if leon gets bite and the marks stay on him in cutscenes too nuy who knows.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

This is incredible and I love it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Len posted:

Hmmm I don't think that's the case.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Hopefully there's more to shoot at than just zombies :ohdear:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Vikar Jerome posted:

going by the e3 demo he's wounded, holding his sides covered in blood. seems to have a much bigger role radioing leon as he wanders around tho. i wonder if hes gonna turn because if leon gets bite and the marks stay on him in cutscenes too nuy who knows.

Ah thanks, I was watching it on my phone; maybe I need to watch it on a bigger screen. Cool if he gets a bigger role as a support character.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
This game looks like everything I have ever wanted ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Between this and RE7 I think Capcom and the Resident Evil series might deserve some sort of official Comeback award

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sheen Sheen posted:

This game looks like everything I have ever wanted ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Between this and RE7 I think Capcom and the Resident Evil series might deserve some sort of official Comeback award

Its crazy how they were able to turn the ship around after RE6

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Anyone that didn't play RE7 seems to think, "That was the bad one, right? With no combat or whatever?"

Which is a bummer

Wonder if we'll get an RE8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
There is apparently people disappointed that the RE2 Remake isn't like the first REmake with an isometric camera and poo poo which is actually so bewildering to me lol.