Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Let's face it, the last two years have made American look more and more like Idiocracy was a documentary. Chapo Trap House has been one of the few beacons of sanity in this crazy world: I don't doubt they have a large Goon following due to their marriage of Weird Twitter humor and LF-style leftist politics - the "dirtbag left" if you will. In fact, eagle-eyed goons will no doubt notice frequent references to the forums on the podcast, from Zybourne Clock to the n**gerstomper58 post.

It looks like we're lucky enough to be treated to a new book by the Chapo crew coming in August

Have any goons preordered yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKLORD BONE
Aug 27, 2003
I have no idea what the Chapo trap house is

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

DICKLORD BONE posted:

same, if it's not a joke post the idea that im familiar with each of the retard twitter 'communities' is why i voted 1

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO6Qdf8YwnM

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Wizard Master posted:

LF-style leftist politics

lol, yeah lemme just get my credit card.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

DICKLORD BONE posted:

Imagine if LF-poster Goons made a podcast about politics and making fun of really lovely politically-related people like David Brooks and poo poo. That's Chapo. Just listen to an episode or something if you wanna. I got into it because political comedy was right up my alley and it helped me tolerate the new iteration of the hellworld we live in.

Also, the guests tend to own. James Adomian, Bill Corbett of late MST3K, Matt Taibbi and Jeremy Scahill have been on, Adam Curtis, Prof. Richard Wolff. Lotta poo poo like that.

One of the earliest clips I heard that made me laugh was the Garfield jag on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdcv6FMJ0Bk

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
So im trying this podcast out for the first time on youtube and the cohost guy on skype is supremely awful and I don't want to listen anymore

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Evil Agita posted:

So im trying this podcast out for the first time on youtube and the cohost guy on skype is supremely awful and I don't want to listen anymore

That would be Matt, I'm guessing. The Bathroom Marxist Shouting His Contributions Up From The Bottom Of A Well. He eventually moved to NYC so he's present in the room a lot now, but his audio quality was pretty bad when he was in Ohio.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

DICKLORD BONE posted:

It's a communist podcast. And they make like 90 thousand dollars a month from Patreon.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
$98,259 a month as of this moment's refresh of the overview screen on their Patreon page.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Apoplexy posted:

$98,259 a month as of this moment's refresh of the overview screen on their Patreon page.

Holy moly.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah. Combination of being funny and being right gets ya in the door. Then come da paper. I dunno what the specific distribution might be of that, though. Felix said, on The Michael Brooks Show, that he's at about 110k a year (which isn't a LOT for New York City, but it's comfortable), and I can't imagine anyone claiming a bigger share of the show's proceeds than him, Will, and Matt.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
buy the bo

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDTwO0TlwOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I went to high school with one of them and I didn't think he was funny back then and i think hes even less funny now that he calls himself virgil texas and is a communist or whatever.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
the chapo guys are rich as gently caress and I can get the same content just reading twitter SO NO, THANKS

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Coffee shop revolutionary son of a bitch.

Uriah Heep
Apr 28, 2010

im having a bit of an existential crisis here guys
Chapo Trap House is only familiar to me through Cumtown.

Now if Cumtown wrote a book, call me.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Communist Toast posted:

Coloring book of father/son erotica.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

OP is Will Menaker, calling it now for all you girls and boys

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

yes I have pre ordered my copy and yet another for a friend

Communist Toast posted:

now we're talking!!!

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Mother loving wizard master

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
Actually chapo trap house attracts the worst people, and I'm saying this as a leftist.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Cheapo poo poo House

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Crapo Crap House

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

I'll totally throw a couple bucks down for this, sure. I'll be disappointed when it turns out to be a 250-page fanfic compilation about the early lab scenes in Jurassic Park, though, because goddrat do those Chapo boys love thinking about old broken-rear end DNA inside amber

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

That Robot posted:

as a leftist.

Wizard Master posted:

like Idiocracy was a documentary

please give me more unintentional comedy

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

communism will win

but i will probably not buy this book

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

who the gently caress is actually gonna keep paying for their podcast let alone buy the book lmafo

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

who the gently caress is actually gonna keep paying for their podcast let alone buy the book lmafo

Well, uh, the people who've paid for their podcast has increased steadily since its inception. And is now at 20,000ish people paying $5 a month.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

That Robot posted:

Actually chapo trap house attracts the worst people, and I'm saying this as a leftist.

If sincere, I have to ask for you to attempt to explain, since there's a really lovely component to the left that is people who're anti-Chapo. They're mainly extremely-online idiots who were committed Hillarystans until... Novemberish 2016. They're universally retards, they're universally language police, universally the sort of people who could be classified as psyops meant to disrupt the left, if they ever actually left their houses or organized any-- which they don't, because self-diagnosed autism means they're the most disabled people on the planet and thus more victimized than anyone else and that counts as Woke Points.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Captain Yossarian posted:

Mother loving wizard master

f*cking yissssssss

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

my favorite leftists are the ones who complain endlessly about the system screwing them over when really they're just impossible to get along with and possibly sociopathic

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
I thin kchapo people are funny but I'm certainly not going to pay for the book

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

If sincere, I have to ask for you to attempt to explain, since there's a really lovely component to the left that is people who're anti-Chapo. They're mainly extremely-online idiots who were committed Hillarystans until... Novemberish 2016. They're universally retards, they're universally language police, universally the sort of people who could be classified as psyops meant to disrupt the left, if they ever actually left their houses or organized any-- which they don't, because self-diagnosed autism means they're the most disabled people on the planet and thus more victimized than anyone else and that counts as Woke Points.

This guys buying a copy. Anyway as for me - I already bought the first edition a few years back. Just imagine I posted a pic of the daily show book.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I like Chapo Trap House but I won't pay for the book and to have it shipped across the Atlantic. It's probably funny, idk.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Can't wait to see how many pages Felix can fill with a single run-on sentence about obscure soundcloud rappers.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
ill stick to bill maher, thanks

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Evil Agita posted:

He's the best one

Apoplexy posted:

That would be Matt, I'm guessing. The Bathroom Marxist Shouting His Contributions Up From The Bottom Of A Well. He eventually moved to NYC so he's present in the room a lot now, but his audio quality was pretty bad when he was in Ohio.

I liked it better before he moved. Sounding like he was talking through a tin can on a string was part of his charm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I tried listening to these guys innernet radio show and it just didn't rub with me at all. they sounded like they were trying too hard to be funny and it came of as desperate and shouty. but that was just the first episode or w/e.

• Locked thread