Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Yo! Read the announcement up top!

quote:

Okay I just got done adding some (hopefully) useful new features for yall:

1) There's now a "back to top" arrow on the bottom right, so you can easily go, well, back to the top.

2) If you select text, you will be given the option to Tweet it / that post to your Tweeterer account.

3) The forumdisplay pages will now automatically refresh every 15 seconds, so you can just leave the page open and it will refresh and let you know when anything has changed or there are new replies.

4) When typing in a post or reply, it will now autosave whatever you've typed, so if you accidentally close your browser or whatever, the poo poo you typed should still be there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Lowtax posted:

3) The forumdisplay pages will now automatically refresh every 15 seconds, so you can just leave the page open and it will refresh and let you know when anything has changed or there are new replies.

4) When typing in a post or reply, it will now autosave whatever you've typed, so if you accidentally close your browser or whatever, the poo poo you typed should still be there.

:eyepop:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
did you give my suggestion of automatically replacing the text in posts from people one has put on ignore to something like "I'm big poopoo baby with a smelly butt and I like eating my poopoo because I like it and I'm very dumb" any consideration or will that feature be enabled later?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
By the way, I'm still testing them on the DEV SERVER so people don't freak out if something isn't working right the moment I implement it.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
Okay, everything should be good to go now!

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The back to top arrow is really neat and seems to be working well. It feels like I'm posting from the future.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Oooo, the arrow motion is nice and smooth.

WWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Excellent.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
The ghost arrow should be much more gaudy and intrusive imo.

Amateur Saboteur
Feb 5, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
nice and smooth, for me to poop on haha, no.

But really the next app should auto delete my posts or better yet prevent them

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Nurge posted:

The back to top arrow is really neat and seems to be working well. It feels like I'm posting from the future.

I like it too but the logo is huge. It might just be how Chrome/OSX makes it look though.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

NOICE is there a way to turn off the twitter thing tho

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

When I'm browsing the list of threads in a subforum, every few seconds it blanks out and kicks me back to the top of the page as it refreshes. Seems extremely less than ideal.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

Vargs posted:

When I'm browsing the list of threads in a subforum, every few seconds it blanks out and kicks me back to the top of the page as it refreshes. Seems extremely less than ideal.

It's super fast! Like, every 8 seconds. And I see the new arrow, but I also still see the smaller ones on both sides of the screen. But, as the saying goes, can never have too many arrows.

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

Vargs posted:

I get this too.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Might want to slow down the auto refresh to something like once a minute, or every 30 seconds.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
STOP THIS AUTOREFRESH poo poo PLEASE!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Something something AJAX something.

ImmovableSquid
May 1, 2011
Floss Finder
I hate the refresh thing? But I really appreciate the hard work? So I donated $100?

https://imgur.com/a/QFaWvPc

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Is there a way to get rid of the go to top button

Also the twitter link thing

also the forum refresh

Piell fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 14, 2018

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Vargs posted:

:same:

My connection is crappy enough that I'm seeing thread tags only about half the time too, and it's impossible to click reliably with the formatting jumping around (I don't use default text size, so the page loads and then has to resize the text).

I really like that there's new features, but maybe it'd be nice to have some control over which ones to turn on/off.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
I really like the auto timestamped youtube vids thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fjEViOF4JE&t=26s

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Avalanche posted:

Okay, the only reason I added it was because people have been asking for it for over a decade now. Chill out, nothing is permanent.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Great features. How do I turn them all off?

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
how do i turn off the twitter thing, i looked in my control panel but can't find it

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Whenever I click the go to first unread post now it just marks the entire thread as read and boots me back to whatever forum I was looking at :(

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Avalanche posted:

eat fresh

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

Lowtax posted:

Okay, the only reason I added it was because people have been asking for it for over a decade now. Chill out, nothing is permanent.

Is there anyway to do it inline within the page so it doesn't blank out and make the page jump on every refresh?
Or is that something that is way way harder to pull off?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Twitter thing is bad, arrow is too big

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

the refreshing is insanely annoying make it stop

Mongolian Queef
May 6, 2004

Quote-Unquote posted:

Whenever I click the go to first unread post now it just marks the entire thread as read and boots me back to whatever forum I was looking at :(

I think this happens when the refresh kicks in just as you have clicked the "last seen" button. I had it happen too and the reload seemed to just cancel my click and the forum overview just refreshed instead.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I was just about to post about how its cool that you're testing out new poo poo and everything is kinda weird but working okay but when I opened this reply window an old reply that I actually posted in another thread was here, so maybe there's some kinks to iron out

Still, thanks for making the effort and trying new stuff

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Mongolian Queef posted:

I think this happens when the refresh kicks in just as you have clicked the "last seen" button. I had it happen too and the reload seemed to just cancel my click and the forum overview just refreshed instead.

Yeah, confirmed. Thanks though, Lowtax.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Lowtax: Help Bandwidth costs are are gonna make them repo my robot spine

Also Lowtax:

quote:

Edit: I still like the other things

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Is this the WEB 2.0 I've been hearing about

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Careful Drums posted:

how do i turn off the twitter thing, i looked in my control panel but can't find it

I'm disabling it.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Lowtax posted:

Yo! Read the announcement up top!

Hell ya, glad to see an old dog learn new tricks.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
We got a share button folks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

The Glumslinger posted:

Lowtax: Help Bandwidth costs are are gonna make them repo my robot spine

Also Lowtax:

Edit: I still like the other things
I changed it to 30 seconds, and I'll work on fixing it so it doesn't have to reload cached stuff. I have also added a sharing icon to the top right of the first post, so you can send threads to your friends / enemies on other social media platforms.

• Locked thread