Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

FilthyImp posted:

Hey, a man has to make sacrifices when they dont serve turkey burgers. 95/5 is that sacrifice

Making a burger with less fat than 80/20 is wrong and bad and dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Ultimate Mango posted:

I actually received a random comment from another Dad at my kids school a few days ago: “Dude, I heard you make the BEST burgers.”
I was shocked because whenever we have a crowd of people over it’s just the 1/3rd lb frozen Costco burgs. And now I’m Burger Dad or something.

Eat a frozen burger from a place like Walmart and you'll understand. Or a burger from one of those guys that's doesn't know what "seasoning" means and massages/compresses the meat and egg mixture until it's the constancy of a hockey puck.

FilthyImp posted:

Amd i wish there was more lean meat in em is all.

Though I didnt used to grill them. A ton of grease in a toaster over sucks.

They're 85/15, that's a lean burger duder. You get one at a restaurant and it's more like 75/25 or even 70/30.

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007

Math You posted:

It's a first in Canada and the closest we'll ever have to an outdoor one.

Sorry dude, like everything else related to food, Vancouver already did it years before Toronto :smug:

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Ok which one of you nerdlingers was sitting at the food court table next to me the other day, retelling the plot an old XKCD comic from memory to some cosplay girl

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
I'll never forget seeing some 18 year black old trying to get fired from his job at Costo, or maybe he was just bored. He was selling chocolate caramel candy and he had the best sales pitch, "Come taste my chocolate balls! They are so good in your mouth!" "uuuhhh my balls taste soooo good, you know you want them" ect. He was yelling it like that scene in pretty woman while hip thrusting the table.

Everyone walking buy was loving dying laughing, and it actually worked. People thought he was so funny they were actually buying boxes left and right, we got one just cause he earned it. It lasted like 5 minutes till some manager figured out what was going on and made him switch stations. He should have been promoted to sales.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Yomofo posted:

I'll never forget seeing some 18 year black old trying to get fired from his job at Costo, or maybe he was just bored. He was selling chocolate caramel candy and he had the best sales pitch, "Come taste my chocolate balls! They are so good in your mouth!" "uuuhhh my balls taste soooo good, you know you want them" ect. He was yelling it like that scene in pretty woman while hip thrusting the table.

Everyone walking buy was loving dying laughing, and it actually worked. People thought he was so funny they were actually buying boxes left and right, we got one just cause he earned it. It lasted like 5 minutes till some manager figured out what was going on and made him switch stations. He should have been promoted to sales.

Hang on that was the plot of an episode of South Park

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

As this round of deals come to a close, I renew my prayers that the rigid hull inflatable boat will go on sale in next round. :pray:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

the 1/3lb sirloin burgers are 85/15 https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-13-lb-Ground-Sirloin-Hamburger-Patties%2c-18-count.product.100410833.html

the 1/4lb mystery beef are 78/22 https://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature-Ground-Beef-Patties-24-Count%2c-6-lbs.product.100420637.html

I thought I saw 95/5 burgers in the store? The frozen ground beef tubes are 95/5 anyway, make your own.

These are also good as hell https://www.costco.com/Trident-Wild-Salmon-Burgers-12-Count-3-lbs.product.100416105.html

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 13, 2018

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
low fat patties will be dry, flavorless garbage (which also split apart easily on the grill). if you want healthy just eat healthy and then enjoy a burger from time to time jeez.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

of those options these are the right ones

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Supreme Allah posted:

of those options these are the right ones

:hmmyes:

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Don't you dare buy preformed burger patties. What's wrong with you people.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
What's the single best thing that I can buy at Costco and put in my husband's mouth to make him love Costco?

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

AWarmBody posted:

What's the single best thing that I can buy at Costco and put in my husband's mouth to make him love Costco?

Cinnamon butter loaf.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AWarmBody posted:

A big BEEFY hot dog with all the fixin's.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

AWarmBody posted:

Kirkland Gin

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

A big BEEFY hot dog with all the fixin's.

Oh SNAP I wasn't even planning on going to Costco when I'm doing errands later and now I'm thinkin' bout dem dogs.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

Yomofo posted:

Those traveling roadshow vendors don't work for Costco. Neither do the demo people, they are hired by an outside company who contracts with Costco. They don't enjoy the blessings of working for the church. Maybe that's why he was trying to get fired, he saw the promised land and couldn't take being denied the blessings of serving the true capitalist Lord as the Costco employees enjoy. Source: Mother in Law for a short time worked for the demo vendor.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

My 19 month old son just at a whole 1/4 lb plus all beef hot dog. No bun though because apparently he's keto today. :dadjoke:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

FogHelmut posted:

My 19 month old son just at a whole 1/4 lb plus all beef hot dog. No bun though because apparently he's keto today. :dadjoke:

My almost two year old daughter when she figures out we're pulling into Costco starts Y E L L I N G "HOT DOG HOT DOG"

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Oh poo poo no more chocolate yogurt. They moved to acaii flavor. And I think the vanilla changed recipes.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yomofo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpqShViVL_Y

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Oh poo poo no more chocolate yogurt. They moved to acaii flavor. And I think the vanilla changed recipes.

The vanilla is the same. Did it look more yellow or something?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

My dog has Addisons Disease and the best treatment for him is a drug called Percorten. If he doesn't get this drug once a month, he will die. There has been a factory issue and Percorten is incredibly hard to find, and is out of stock nearly everywhere.
But when I asked Costco Pharmacy, they found some and had it filled 20% cheaper within a single day. Which is really good because my dog needs a new dose in 2 weeks.
PBUC.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

FogHelmut posted:

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

My almost two year old daughter when she figures out we're pulling into Costco starts Y E L L I N G "HOT DOG HOT DOG"

Truly we have some blessed genetics in this thread. They will grow up to be great GBS posters.

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Hell, same

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Peachfart posted:

My dog has Addisons Disease and the best treatment for him is a drug called Percorten. If he doesn't get this drug once a month, he will die. There has been a factory issue and Percorten is incredibly hard to find, and is out of stock nearly everywhere.
But when I asked Costco Pharmacy, they found some and had it filled 20% cheaper within a single day. Which is really good because my dog needs a new dose in 2 weeks.
PBUC.

Truly a blessed place for all dogs.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Same. Can't go near the parking lot without the kids yelling "1/4 POUND PLUS ALL BEEF HOTDOG OR POLISH AND 20 OZ. SODA (WITH REFILL!)"

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

AWarmBody posted:

A 20 year old Costco cashier

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Peachfart posted:

PBUC.

dogs have named diseases? i wonder if there is a Rexs disease, or a Old Yeller syndrome

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

dogs have named diseases? i wonder if there is a Rexs disease, or a Old Yeller syndrome

I think that second one is called, "rabies."

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

sandball posted:

The vanilla is the same. Did it look more yellow or something?

Yeah, def more yellow. Tasted normal.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
My dudes, I need to buy some heavy duty garage shelving, how is that Costco build I'm always seeing?

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

Yeah, def more yellow. Tasted normal.

The fill/air mix is off in their machine. You're basically seeing more custard (which is a mild yellow) being dispensed than what should be.

My shop has been having this issue quite a bit since the acai sorbet was introduced.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

My dudes, I need to buy some heavy duty garage shelving, how is that Costco build I'm always seeing?

I have had at least 6 sets in my garage for 10+ years. Both the lighter guage and the heavier one. Nothing better and the price cannot be beat.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Can I use Citi price rewind with my Citi Costco visa card for a purchase made at Costco? They did not have the lowest price on the item but it was the most convienant

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

ElGroucho posted:

The heavy duty ones are crazy good. Haven't used the lighter duty ones, but it's Costco so,

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Peachfart posted:

PBUC.

COSTCO is man's & dogs best friend.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

i got the costco spinach, artichoke, and parmesan dip

it's so loving good and the parmesan makes it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Beast of Bourbon posted:

At E3, the JW Marriott sets up a food stand outside and sells "The E3 Special" which is a hotdog in a bun, with a bag of chips and a can of soda or water for $15 + tax. They don't have any condiments available.