Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kill analysis is cool and all but anyone who has scummed with me would know I never kill anyone based on them casing me, I kill low post count people and boring players who play a lot, or I leave it up to my teammates. I probably go out of my way to NOT kill people casing me

No idea about IS though, maybe they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

(I'm going to preface everything I say from here out today with the following-

I've had a poo poo day and I'm in a terrible mood, so if scum are looking to push an easy town target to mis-dunk, you've probably found one because I'm not in the mood to sit on the Internet and argue about it. That said, there's some stuff I do want to respond to.)

merk posted:

Ok, it's IS. ##vote IS

This doesn't jive at all with what you've actually done in thread:

1. How is Hal above bminus? You never made a Hal case, but you're here to tell us the vote should be between Hal and Podima?

2. How does this part of your read work with Keane when you had the bottom post reaction to my case?

IS is just throwing poo poo at the thread. This guy doesn't believe anything he's posting.

1. I explained in exactly the post you quoted why I believe the vote should not be B- today. Read it again. Because of game situation and the fact that no one else seems to see what I see regarding B-, I'm not gonna keep banging that particular drum today. I feel like I've tunneled enough on that and haven't gotten anybody agreeing with me.

2. I thought you raised some good points about Keane, particularly his D1 play. But it's D4 and we have someone claiming two of the three kills we've had and another person coming out strongly against it. That seems like the more pressing issue.

Podima posted:

Merk, look for where IS said he thought I was the kill after the kill-less N2. Do you think that’s a slip?

How would that have been a slip on my part? You seemed like the logical kill target given what we knew about the game state to that point.

b-minus1 posted:

Personally, I think there's only two cult members, the cult recruiter and a recruited player. And also that Fisk/meinberg/alasdair was an original cult member from the beginning. I think the cult started with two members.

Interesting. What gives you this belief?

b-minus1 posted:

My head. It fits this scenario that I came up with haha, where the cult started with two members. IS is the cult recruiter, and fisk/meinberg/alasdair was an original cult member.

Oh, so completely out of thin air. Got it.

-----

I don't have the time, energy, or desire right now to go over anything else, although in re-skimming it occurred to me that we now have FOUR people claiming cop or cop flavor (Mona flipped cult cop, AA flipped constable/naive cop, Podima claims his flavor is he's a cop trying to take revenge, and merk is claiming constable who isn't a cop). I don't have immediate analysis of this but found it interesting.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
IS, you should at least vote for your top scum pick.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IS remind me of your b-minus case

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Oh, I'm now at -2, cool.

Other things I don't think I've yet claimed from my role PM that may help actual townies if this game continues after I'm mis-dunked:

- My flavor name is Camila.
- My flavor indicates I was fishing because it's market day and I returned after the massacre. I was not around for it as some others in the game (Hal and B-, I think?) claimed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Kill analysis is cool and all but anyone who has scummed with me would know I never kill anyone based on them casing me, I kill low post count people and boring players who play a lot, or I leave it up to my teammates. I probably go out of my way to NOT kill people casing me

We are the same player.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

b-minus1 posted:

IS, you should at least vote for your top scum pick.

That's probably you tbh, but in interest of actual possibilities, let's vote for the guy claiming all the kills:

##vote Podima

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

Oh, I'm now at -2, cool.

Other things I don't think I've yet claimed from my role PM that may help actual townies if this game continues after I'm mis-dunked:

- My flavor name is Camila.
- My flavor indicates I was fishing because it's market day and I returned after the massacre. I was not around for it as some others in the game (Hal and B-, I think?) claimed.

Flipped VT Sal also said he was around for the killings I think

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'll try to find it. Hang on:

IllegallySober posted:

As it turned out, my schedule yesterday (and somewhat today) was/is absolutely ridiculous so I'm going to post as much as I can right now and hope my phone doesn't eat it. (Fake edit: this is my third try at this post, phone are the last two).

As stated before, my strongest town reads (besides myself, obv) at this juncture are the following:

-Slamburger
-Podima

My strongest scum reads are:

-B-minus
-AA
-Sal

Everybody else right now falls somewhere in the middle for me.
My scum reads for B- and Sal are primarily in context of the action around AS and her claim D1/D2. My read on AA is mainly in context of wildly throwing cult opinions around D2. Both B- and Sal, but in particular B-, have wanted AS dead since the claim was revealed:

(these are slightly edited for clarity)

(In response to Hal saying keeping AS around is a detriment to town)

Some time passes, and then again:

I know how scum would play this claim by AS:

Distancing his own vote- (my vote is totally town, guys) and that's before you consider that scum has little way to deal with a town PGO BESIDES the dunk:

There's some more Sal stuff too but in the interest of clarity and time from here out I'm just pointing out B- posts:

Bad fake thought conversation post I can't believe I didn't point out at the time:

B- evolving his opinion on AS's claim:

"Hey help me kill you, please":

"Hey remember how I said earlier scum would ignore the PGO claim? Never mind, it's impossible to know what scum would do because I'm totally not one, no sirree":

Appears to believe AS's claim but wants to dunk her anyway:

D2:

Finally comes to the realization that continuing to lock in on AS is too obvious:

TL/DR- Tunneled on AS pretty much from the moment she claimed, because he seems to have known or realized that scum would have to get her dunked to deal with her claim. Flip-flops about how scum would or wouldn't play her claim. Pushed hard at deadline for her dunk despite ostensibly believing her claim and came out firing today about how she needed to die, then pulled away when it didn't get traction.

##vote B-minus

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Flipped VT Sal also said he was around for the killings I think

Did he? I missed that. I'll check.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

I was possessed by a dark force

SalTheBard posted:

I was blanked out and came to surrounded by bodies.

Doesn't outright state he was there for it, but might be close enough? I dunno.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

The reminder of my B- case I didn't quote there is "spent most of D2 and D3 trying to get me dunked while never having a case or reason."

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Podima posted:

Time for some kill choice analysis, because nobody ever does that and it's regretful. Neither was a lurker kill going by postcounts.

Dick Bastardly (who is currently probed anyways, lol)
- Jokephase farting around

- I was straight up wrong about this being PR hunting, it was a reaction against Keane's point versus ASoda (cc: Keane/ASoda who pointed my misread out)

- Circled back around to being on ASoda
- Pushed Hal for pushing ASoda

- Shifted off of ASoda, proposed Keane/Hal/TM as executions
- Came in and voted ASoda anyways near deadline, which I called out

Summary: Possible connections to Keane/Hal for that kill. I also sparred with DB at EOD but I realized my mistake over the PR hunting bit after an overnight reread. I was rushed at EOD, replacing in hours before deadline!

Monathin
- Backed up ASoda immediately re: alignment

- Pressured Hal over his push on the ASoda execution

- Pivoted to Keane for similar reasons re: AS
- Backed up ASoda mechanically via claim, claimed a PR under mild pressure :sigh:

- Posted specific flavor that makes sense for why he didn't die with the town very quickly when asked, further clearing him. (Note: I would caution people against doing this unless they have to, since it likely outs you as non-vanilla.)
- Expressed concerns with IllegallySober's vote on Keane as he started to cool on Keane

Summary: Quite obviously died due to PR claim/flavor clearing, but worth noting his interactions with IllegallySober and Hal. I don't think a scum Keane would have gone after Monathin given where he landed at end of day, unless it truly came down to PR hunting.

Since nobody else reacted, Pod killed Dick and used the connection between Dick's kill and Hal's posting to attempt to get an execution here and here:

quote="Podima" post="484930380"]
Hal:
- As previously pointed out, potential connections to both N1 kills
- Something about this post pings me as insincere:

- Did a lot of stating "AS must die" in absolutes on D1 but hasn't revisited that on D2+

Hal, what changed your mind on ASoda after these two posts? And what is your issue with IS being "hedgey" that could not be applied to other posters?

Pinterest Mom:
- Not a lot of posts but the posts they have show engagement/thinking
- Disagree with their read on Moat as hedgey but I see where it's coming from
- Some good stuff from D1 even as a replacement
- This post made me go hmm:

But Slam's cased people today and did catch the "naive cop" thing from the OP vs. flip.

PMom, thoughts on Hal and moat today? You've mentioned them previously, would like to hear where that's gone.

Meinberg:
- ugh awful lack of posting, has really only mentioned me, Keane, and AA this entire game
- kind of went back and forth on AA up to his vote in a way that I'm not sure feels genuine:

Meinberg, what are your thoughts on anyone besides Keane/me at this point? You're a giant questionmark.
[/quote]

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I AIN'T FIXING IT.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

Yeah I thought he said it was more like what I said but you are right that was b-minus.

Council people and Pod all seemed to be out of town when it went down

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

Since nobody else reacted, Pod killed Dick and used the connection between Dick's kill and Hal's posting to attempt to get an execution here and here:

I think your formatting botched but I want to check this out.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I AIN'T FIXING IT.

I don’t even get what you were saying though!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don’t even get what you were saying though!

I SAID WHAT I SAID HAL

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IllegallySober posted:

he was summarizing his role pm. and he flipped vt anyway. i dont understand the point youre trying to make

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ahhh got it.

Hmmm ##unvote for a bit, I’m at work again and will be around until deadline

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Hmmmm, very interesting.

IllegallySober posted:

I can buy this theory but that would also mean that if you're telling the truth, that the cult/scum kill has been blocked two of the three nights with no protective roles claimed or flipped. The odds of that seem pretty low.

At this point, I don't think the cult has a night kill ability. However, I do think that they were blocked two of the three nights. and oh man, if that actually is true it would be hilarious.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

b-minus1 posted:

At this point, I don't think the cult has a night kill ability. However, I do think that they were blocked two of the three nights.

From what? Recruiting? I thought your theory was the cult recruiter could only recruit once?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

From what? Recruiting? I thought your theory was the cult recruiter could only recruit once?

Mafia edit: I think I conflated that from something else you said or I remembering a post someone else made. I'll retract the above for the moment while I look.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Yeah, if it's there I can't find it via phone, so apologies.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
No. My guess is cult unsuccessfully recruited the first two nights.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I don’t have anything helpful from the road to add.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

Might I suggest AS as a kill target?

rude imo

Hal Incandenza posted:

how would you act if you were cult though, cause this post is all about if you were scum. why is this post?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Atomic Soda posted:

rude imo

how would you act if you were cult though, cause this post is all about if you were scum. why is this post?

Why is it rude?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Atomic Soda posted:

rude imo

As far as as killing people? Same as I would as scum or SK or whatever

If I was recruiting people? People who I like chatting with if it was a masonry-type cult, people unlikely to get flipped if it was a silent cult

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CCKeane posted:

Why is it rude?

I'm also curious why AS would find this rude.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Why is it rude?

Because I see this, calling it rude, and this:

Atomic Soda posted:

it makes it ambiguous. i am a death miller in that i am town, will win with town but will not flip town but instead wild-sided. my flavour is crazy lady of the woods. i'm not sure how much i can get into but if i am successfully copped i will cop as town

And it kinda seems like you keep forgetting you're PGO.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

CCKeane posted:

Why is it rude?

i was partly being facetious, but i also think this would be a great move for cult - take out the pgo they can't touch and the 3p thats out for them in one fell swoop. don't you think?

Hal Incandenza posted:

As far as as killing people? Same as I would as scum or SK or whatever

If I was recruiting people? People who I like chatting with if it was a masonry-type cult, people unlikely to get flipped if it was a silent cult

why did you feel the need to make that post?

part of the reason i'm suss of you and keane is that you are both prime targets for recruitment, though i realise this is weak conjecture.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IllegallySober posted:

I'm also curious why AS would find this rude.

are you, why?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
that hal post was fine., why is this even a topic of discussion with like one hour left

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Atomic Soda posted:

i was partly being facetious, but i also think this would be a great move for cult - take out the pgo they can't touch and the 3p thats out for them in one fell swoop. don't you think?

How would Pod's vig bypass your PGO?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Atomic Soda posted:

why did you feel the need to make that post?

part of the reason i'm suss of you and keane is that you are both prime targets for recruitment, though i realise this is weak conjecture.

Because there was a post speculating that I was suspicious based on the NKs that was being discussed?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

IllegallySober posted:

How would Pod's vig bypass your PGO?

i figured we'd probably kill each other tbh.

b-minus1 posted:

that hal post was fine., why is this even a topic of discussion with like one hour left

hm

i just woke up don't really want to rush. is it a problem to ask? i don't know why he was posting about what he'd do as scum given what we know, ie there is a cult.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Hal Incandenza posted:

Because there was a post speculating that I was suspicious based on the NKs that was being discussed?

oh i'm sorry i must have missed it, can you quote the post?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Pod what's your name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Same question to hal

• Locked thread