Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Aphra Bane posted:

Reusing the cast of AS1 minus Chad and without the team gimmick? :pray:

!! potential as4 spoilers below !!

Latrice and Manila are supposed to be returning as the gag of the season.

Also Ongina is indeed supposed to be a lock. idk who to root for in an Ongina vs Manila season. first double crowning pls !!

esperterra fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

esperterra posted:

!! potential as4 spoilers below !!

Latrice and Manila are supposed to be returning as the gag of the season.

Also Ongina is indeed supposed to be a lock. idk who to root for in an Ongina vs Manila season. first double crowning pls !!

How can you root for Ongina or Manilla when there's Latrice?

This is about the extent that I'll look for AS4 spoilers...

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the only thing i want to know is, when is Miss Vanjie gonna be back

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

alf_pogs posted:

the only thing i want to know is, when is Miss Vanjie gonna be back

Shangela of S11

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Pinwiz11 posted:

Agreeeeeeeeeeeeee

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Pinwiz11 posted:

Fuckin' truth.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Pinwiz11 posted:

Exactly.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

jit bull transpile posted:

Man, they are just filming this poo poo nonstop now huh? How long before we get Barney style rumors that they actually keep the queens in cages beneath the set to speed up production?

Drag Race has hit some serious wide cultural adoption, they know it might not last forever and want to keep this poo poo rolling, which personally I am perfectly fine with.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I just can't come up with another full roster of All-Stars yet

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
All Stars should be either a 3 year thing, minimum, or a half-roster season. There's just...not enough queens to keep doing full seasons of returning contestants and keep the talent as high as it should be.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ALFbrot posted:

Exactly. It's gonna be boring as hell if all stars just becomes a second chance showdown kind of thing. Nobody wants more Laganja on their screen, for example. It needs to be people who genuinely did well and were liked by fans. Phi Phi was an exception because girl is a walking tornado of drama no matter how hard she tries.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Last night at a weird German ukulele club I go to I met an older woman who is a flight attendant. Somehow we got on the subject of drag and she said she'd actually met RuPaul when he was flying somewhere. She said he smelled really nice.

Welp, that's my story.

Czolgosz
Sep 13, 2007
I'll be the Lee Harvey Oswald to your Jack Kennedy.

Nobody wants more Laganja on their screen, for example.

You are very, very wrong. I can't for All Stars 6 when she gets to walk through that door and yell that same now-catchphrase.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

curiousTerminal posted:

All Stars should be either a 3 year thing, minimum, or a half-roster season. There's just...not enough queens to keep doing full seasons of returning contestants and keep the talent as high as it should be.

All Stars 76 is Serena Chacha's time to shine

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Imagine if All Stars 5 is all the first out queens. Or maybe a themed All Stars season of people who said iconic stuff in Untucked. Lashaun Beyond's time to shine!!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Exactly. It's gonna be boring as hell if all stars just becomes a second chance showdown kind of thing. Nobody wants more Laganja on their screen, for example. It needs to be people who genuinely did well and were liked by fans. Phi Phi was an exception because girl is a walking tornado of drama no matter how hard she tries.

Laganja is fierce af and I'd love to see her on my screen again, I think it's been long enough she won't self implode again.

I agree with the general sentiment AS should be a staggered thing. I can see one, maybe two more seasons with the front runners or w/e of each year but after that there would 100% need to be a break again.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I need more Joslyn Fox in my life. Also Kasha Dadvis.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I've floated the idea of themed seasons (maybe they replace All Stars). A season of just comedy queens with comedy focused challenges, fashion queens and fashion challenges, etc. that way you can see everyone in their element and gleefully knocking out of the park each week.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Lasagna Estranga gave us that shot in untucked where she’s standing in the hall with no shoes and a giant pink afro wig crying. Nothing else is worth bringing her back for

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Can y'all get my loving nail that fell off 'cause I'm such a disaster??

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Is it strange that I'd be completely down for Adore making a return to AS4? It's not like she got a run in AS3, and apparently she was going through it in her personal life at the time which made getting ripped apart by her surrogate mother and a do-nothin' shittalker about 8x worse than it normally would've been.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

the escape goat posted:

Is it strange that I'd be completely down for Adore making a return to AS4? It's not like she got a run in AS3, and apparently she was going through it in her personal life at the time which made getting ripped apart by her surrogate mother and a do-nothin' shittalker about 8x worse than it normally would've been.

I don't want to see her come back. She has nothing to gain from it and no matter what Michelle or the other judges say, their judging preferences just aren't that amenable to Adore's style of drag and they're gonna read her on stuff that Adore considers integral to her drag.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I don't want to see her come back. She has nothing to gain from it and no matter what Michelle or the other judges say, their judging preferences just aren't that amenable to Adore's style of drag and they're gonna read her on stuff that Adore considers integral to her drag.

Ok well maybe I just want another moment like Tati's "YAY" :neckbeard: response to her walking into the werkroom. I'm trying to think of another queen that would elicit that response and I can't really think of one off the top of my head right now.

Do we have a schedule for when the reunion and finale are? And which one is happening first? I hope it'll be another closed reunion like last year because it was glorious.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

the escape goat posted:

Ok well maybe I just want another moment like Tati's "YAY" :neckbeard: response to her walking into the werkroom. I'm trying to think of another queen that would elicit that response and I can't really think of one off the top of my head right now.

Do we have a schedule for when the reunion and finale are? And which one is happening first? I hope it'll be another closed reunion like last year because it was glorious.

Reunion should be next week, then the finale after that. I think they filmed the reunion after the finale again so I'm hoping for some top tier salt.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I’ll be shocked if Ru doesn’t just lose it every time VAAAANJIE speaks.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm thinking... Maybe they do the Finale next week to have it be during Super Pride?

They usually film the Finale two weeks in advance so that would fit.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Chaotic Flame posted:

I've floated the idea of themed seasons (maybe they replace All Stars). A season of just comedy queens with comedy focused challenges, fashion queens and fashion challenges, etc. that way you can see everyone in their element and gleefully knocking out of the park each week.

This except the comedy queens all have to do fashion challenges, the fashion queens do comedy challenges and we all lose.

skullamity
Nov 9, 2004

esperterra posted:

Laganja is fierce af and I'd love to see her on my screen again, I think it's been long enough she won't self implode again.

You can always watch her here, I guess?

I was watching this peripherally while working and when she popped up unexpectedly in episode one, I wasn't sure if I should fast forward through her interview/audition or not because in the past this show has been kind of iffy about how they handle non-conforming and/or auditions that intentionally go against the grain of classic male + female dance partners framing.

They never overtly poo poo on auditioning visibly queer people, and I'm sure that plenty of past contestants and even last winners have been queer, but visibly queer people who have done well tend to conform to standard partnering practices for performances. People who don't conform tend to introduce themselves, dance while the cameras spend a weird amount of time zooming in on the judges uncomfortable grimace-smiles and furrowed brows as they watch, get a 'we admire you for what you do, and for being visible, and for doing it on a stage in front of an audience on television, but we don't think you're the right fit/ready for/skilled enough for this competition so that's a no for me' speech from each judge before it cuts to them exiting without a ticket to the next round. I don't think it's intentionally malicious, but the way they have cut the show in the past has cast a lot of those failed queer auditions in a kind of sad circus sideshow sort of tone that I just can't really deal with seeing yet again.

I know RPDR is a lot more mainstream now, but didn't really expect there to be a whole lot of crossover, and I think that was a pretty correct assumption since exactly one of the judges seemed to recognize her. But, surprisingly, they sent her through to the next round in Vegas?! I don't know how far she'll make it beyond that. She auditioned in drag, and a big part of SYTYCD is doing exactly what choreographers and makeup need you to do if you want to advance at all, and I'm kind of hoping that if this next round is the round where she goes home, the circumstances won't be a huge, on camera meltdown. I like my drama on RPDR, but boy howdy I do not want it on SYTYCD. :ohdear:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

ALFbrot posted:

I googled some of the rumored lists, no clue how viable any of them are. Of the more commonly rumored ones, there were a few made me go "gently caress YEAH," a few that made me go, "Oh, I can see that, she's improved a lot since her season," a couple that made me think, "really?" and a couple that made me go, "Ugh." But really the biggest shockers were those who are rumored to have turned down invites.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Flyinglemur posted:

This except the comedy queens all have to do fashion challenges, the fashion queens do comedy challenges and we all lose.

ah, this is like how i want the baseball all-star game to require position players to pitch and pitchers to play all the field positions. and they use the dh so a pitcher hits for the position-player-pitcher.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
On the list of absolutely impossible, pie-in-the-sky, never going to happen shocking twists for an All Stars series... I'd actually like to see RuPaul be the 10th queen and compete in her own competition. Maybe replace her as judge with winners from past seasons. Again, it'll never happen but it's fun to imagine.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

graynull posted:

On the list of absolutely impossible, pie-in-the-sky, never going to happen shocking twists for an All Stars series... I'd actually like to see RuPaul be the 10th queen and compete in her own competition. Maybe replace her as judge with winners from past seasons. Again, it'll never happen but it's fun to imagine.

Ru has been very clear that only Judy can judge her :colbert:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

ah, this is like how i want the baseball all-star game to require position players to pitch and pitchers to play all the field positions. and they use the dh so a pitcher hits for the position-player-pitcher.

Naw, have the baseball, football and basketball players play in a game of hockey. Against NHL players.

All week.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Kameron's performance was the best, oh my god it looked so good

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
What is this untucked, all the other girls are basically crowning Aquaria themselves.

:psyduck:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Flyinglemur posted:

Naw, have the baseball, football and basketball players play in a game of hockey. Against NHL players.

All week.

Baseball players have enough trouble staying healthy on a 162 game schedule. I don't need strong European sons breaking their bones too.

GO WILD.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Sinistral posted:

What is this untucked, all the other girls are basically crowning Aquaria themselves.

:psyduck:

everyone is afraid of the villain edit

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I would love an go kart episode, could probably get some bobo formula e drivers to come in as coaches or something.

Makeover the pros and then all race in drag. Seems like there would have been more than just Ru in the race outfit as a drag race/Motorsport crossover

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

ALFbrot posted:

I'm at this point too. It's kind of telling to me that some of the queens that the fans held up as potential breakouts for ages ended up making for such awkward boring TV (Milk, Morgan, and Chichi specifically). I feel like WoW is scraping the bottom of the barrel after how much talent from pre-S6 they packed in AS1/AS2.

warez fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jun 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

warez posted:

I'm at this point too. It's kind of telling to me that some of the queens that the fans held up as potential breakouts for ages ended up making for such awkward boring TV (Milk, Morgan, and Chichi specifically). I feel like WoW is scraping the bottom of the barrel after how much talent from pre-S6 they packed in AS1/AS2.

I think they have another AS season in them, if you take the tops of Season 8 and 9 into account. Maybe two, but it will burn out soon if they're not careful. I don't want AS to turn into the Challenge of Drag Race.

e: #TeamAsia

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 15, 2018

• Locked thread