Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Fartbox posted:

Maybe its okay to like gays and the pride parade while still thinking parts of it is dumb as poo poo. Nothing should be immune from criticism

Sure but criticism is like "police shouldn't be marching in the pride parade when they carry out so much violence against trans people", not "pride parade should only showcase mainstream, sanitised gay stuff". The latter is kinda antithetical to the whole point of pride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
threadshitters stop threadshitting
idiots stop falling for bait

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Fartbox posted:

maybe just tone it down

maybe just leave the gross fetish poo poo at home? What does it have to do with being gay or lesbian

Maybe its okay to like gays and the pride parade while still thinking parts of it is dumb as poo poo. Nothing should be immune from criticism

more like alarming stock photo

mackensie
Apr 17, 2002

DrPossum posted:

more like alarming stock photo
It may be blessed some person got paid for that (and the company gets royalties).

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

Sure but criticism is like "police shouldn't be marching in the pride parade when they carry out so much violence against trans people", not "pride parade should only showcase mainstream, sanitised gay stuff". The latter is kinda antithetical to the whole point of pride

If it's normal to be gay/queer/porpoise, why not leave the weird clothes at home or in the leather dungeon???

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
I don't know guys. My wife and I are cishets and we wear our bdsm gear to all parades. We alternate who wears the leash though.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am not proud of how I have sex.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Paladinus posted:

I am not proud of how I have sex.

I'm proud of how you have sex :pervert:

canis minor
May 4, 2011

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2018/06/milena-naef-marble-sculptures/

onedayholiday
Dec 6, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Please give Sam Hyde his dog back :(

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

If it's normal to be gay/queer/porpoise, why not leave the weird clothes at home or in the leather dungeon???

are gay people really seen as more perverted by default, that it is expected for them to dress up in lustful clothing? can a homo really be proud if his great point of pride is to show his perversions in public?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/lexi4prez/statu...r%3D1490%23pti1

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

End of Shoelace posted:

are gay people really seen as more perverted by default, that it is expected for them to dress up in lustful clothing? can a homo really be proud if his great point of pride is to show his perversions in public?

Well, given that just being gay has been seen as a perversion by much of mainstream society (and still is) there doesn't seem much point to even trying to paint it as family friendly. The point isn't to please society; the point is to have fun and be as open as possible. "gently caress the haters."

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah well that's dumb

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Leroy Dennui posted:

Please give Sam Hyde his dog back :(

If they injected that dog with synthol I'mma have to cut a bitch
Edit I looked up the video and it's the dog version of a fat suit, no bitch cuttin needed (this time)

Dixville fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 15, 2018

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Silly pupper skipped leg day.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

anonumos posted:

Well, given that just being gay has been seen as a perversion by much of mainstream society (and still is) there doesn't seem much point to even trying to paint it as family friendly. The point isn't to please society; the point is to have fun and be as open as possible. "gently caress the haters."

this doesn't seem to further the goal of gaining more acceptance, though

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

LordArgh posted:

This has been debated for decades in the gay community and your position amounts to concern trolling. You don't get to decide what is appropriate. Don't like it? Don't go.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

LordArgh posted:

It's not a bid for acceptance, it's a demonstration of power. think of those military parades put on by communist dictatorships, where they show off their nukes and tanks and stuff.

the gay pride parade shows the bigots that gay people are well organized and powerful enough not to take any more poo poo.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

anonumos posted:

This has been debated for decades in the gay community and your position amounts to concern trolling. You don't get to decide what is appropriate. Don't like it? Don't go.

Ok, good, it's settled then. Everyone shut up about the correct way to express public buttsex enthusiasm and post other things

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Rutibex posted:

It's not a bid for acceptance, it's a demonstration of power. think of those military parades put on by communist dictatorships, where they show off their nukes and tanks and stuff.

the gay pride parade shows the bigots that gay people are well organized and powerful enough not to take any more poo poo.

that makes more sense than doing it purely out of spite like that other guy said. thanks for explaining

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Skeleton Ape posted:

Ok, good, it's settled then. Everyone shut up about the correct way to express public buttsex enthusiasm and post other things

the curse is that loving tongue, christ.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

End of Shoelace posted:

I can't speak for the public but to me there's more to being a homosexual than wearing fetish gear at a parade. Like, it's all about falling in love and having a romantic connection with someone of your own sex. And let's not call it a perversion either because that's like saying being gay is all about enjoying the wrong kind of sex.

anonumos posted:

Is this your default method of handling any criticism going your way? Because holy poo poo dude.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Rutibex posted:

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
lol pride parades are awesome specifically because of all the weird poo poo people do and wear. if you don't think a leather daddy walking 6 of his naked pet-people down the parade route is awesome then you are a prudish, very boring person.

it's supposed to be a wild and freaky event celebrating sexual diversity, that's the whole point.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Plus it's about the only way to stop corporations coopting your thing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tumble posted:

lol pride parades are awesome specifically because of all the weird poo poo people do and wear. if you don't think a leather daddy walking 6 of his naked pet-people down the parade route is awesome then you are a prudish, very boring person.

it's supposed to be a wild and freaky event celebrating sexual diversity, that's the whole point.

That's a slippery slope towards acceptance of anime and furry conventions. Better draw some lines now than regret it later, sorry.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Yeah, "lol".

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

frankenfreak posted:

Yeah, "lol".

what else can you do man

https://twitter.com/bhallier/status/1007100948630601728

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Paladinus posted:

That's a slippery slope towards acceptance of anime and furry conventions. Better draw some lines now than regret it later, sorry.

furry poo poo is fine now, nobody cares anymore

anime is wretched poo poo but nobody at pride does anime stuff

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tumble posted:

furry poo poo is fine now, nobody cares anymore

anime is wretched poo poo but nobody at pride does anime stuff

You've already lost half the battle, but think you can win the rest of it? I doubt it, man. First it's furries, then bronies, and then anime. You can't stop it now.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

jfc

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Isn't pride a sin in the first place??