Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The final season of 12 Monkeys begins tonight on Syfy, and Preacher's third season begins next Sunday on AMC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
So, uh, are we done seeing Chris Hardwick hosting unnecessary after-shows?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Lycus posted:

So, uh, are we done seeing Chris Hardwick hosting unnecessary after-shows?
I haven't listened to his IDIOT podcast since it started, but now I feel bad for having listened to the Nerdist podcast for years :smith:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Quit dancin' around it.

Dude's a monster.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I haven't listened to his IDIOT podcast since it started, but now I feel bad for having listened to the Nerdist podcast for years :smith:

I was a huge @midnight fan (admittedly, more for the comedians than his hosting) and I'm definitely not looking forward to seeing which of his frequent collaborators or pals come to his defense.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I doubt anyone will leap to Chris’ defense. There’s nothing defendable about his actions.

[Edit: a couple of his “fans” on Twitter are saying “but it might not be hiiiiim” as if there’s ANOTHER podcast->media empire guy out there that the victim also dated. That’s all I’ve seen so far, but I guess it’s still early. Also, I’ve said it many times before, but never with the conviction and justification that I’m saying it now:

gently caress Chris Hardwick.]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 15, 2018

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

lelandjs posted:

I doubt anyone will leap to Chris’ defense. There’s nothing defendable about his actions.

While it's definitely not the same degree of fame, all I'm gonna say to this is "see Johnny Depp".

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The actions aren't defendable, but there will be people commercially tied to him that will say that she's lying.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Little weirded out by the people gleefully celebrating this news because they didn't like the guy as a tv personality.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yes, that's fair. Though I don't see anyone gleefully celebrating anything here.

It is worth noting that this is a guy who has more than in part built his success off of being very open with and vocal about his personal life. So the two aren't as disconnected as they might be for many other celebrities.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

They're on twitter. There's also a lot of "That guy always seemed like a fake nerd/rear end in a top hat so I'm not surprised" which is I wanna say a little flippant considering the enormity of the abuse.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
TLDR, can i get Cole's notes?

I don't want to read it. He abused his wife?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
[Edit: /\/\/\/\/\/\ Not his wife, an ex-girlfriend. Mental abuse, emotional neglect. Unreasonable expectation of sex. Nothing Spacey or Cosby level but still irredeemable.]

Yeah. I’ve never liked him but I’m not happy about this at all. I started like three or four replies and closed them because I couldn’t even think of what to say initially because I was so horrified.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jun 15, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Rocksicles posted:

Maybe, but the article is by his girlfriend before his wife.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't need to read it. But i'm glad he's been caught. I guess Nerdist buy out in the near future.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Rocksicles posted:

Here's one of the most damning bits in miniscule that isn't a giant "oh god that's upsetting just to read":

quote:

Let me add here: I’ll never forget the night this man slept in a cot at the foot of my hospital bed after my surgery. It made me believe that deep down inside of him maybe there was a man who loved me.

Then, after my recovery, he and my mother were greeted by the doctor.

“The surgery went well, she’ll be fine,” said my doctor.

“Thank god,” said my mother.

“That’s great. When do you think I can have sex with her again?” said my ex.

It was his first question. My mother never forgot.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Rocksicles posted:

I don't need to read it. But i'm glad he's been caught. I guess Nerdist buy out in the near future.

I remember him on the podcast saying he sold out to Legendary Entertainment years ago, but he felt recently there needed to be more separation between him and the website. Hence the name change to ID10T.

Fake edit: I think Aisha Tyler was doing the equivalent of "Talking Dietland," I wonder of they'll slot her in for Hardwick or just abandon the whole concept.

InsensitiveSeaBass fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jun 15, 2018

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

lelandjs posted:

[Edit: /\/\/\/\/\/\ Not his wife, an ex-girlfriend. Mental abuse, emotional neglect. Unreasonable expectation of sex. Nothing Spacey or Cosby level but still irredeemable.]

Yeah. I’ve never liked him but I’m not happy about this at all. I started like three or four replies and closed them because I couldn’t even think of what to say initially because I was so horrified.

It's been known he was poo poo for years, when he leaked private photos of her.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rocksicles posted:

I think he separated himself from Nerdist a while back anyway.

How long ago was the abuse? He himself has admitted he was a piece of poo poo for a while, though not to that extent.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Davros1 posted:

It's been known he was poo poo for years, when he leaked private photos of her.

He's the one who did that? Still every time her name comes up (including here) some rear end in a top hat links a bunch of those.

Medullah posted:

I think he separated himself from Nerdist a while back anyway.

How long ago was the abuse? He himself has admitted he was a piece of poo poo for a while, though not to that extent.

2011-2014, significant overlap with his whole "I used to be a bad person" Hollywood redemption act gimmick.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

He's the one who did that? Still every time her name comes up (including here) some rear end in a top hat links a bunch of those.

2011-2014, significant overlap with his whole "I used to be a bad person" Hollywood redemption act gimmick.

Wow just read the article. Assuming it's all true, gently caress him hard.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

New ST:D showrunner will be Alex Kurtzman

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Impulse episode 4: I did NOT expect that :eyepop:. Pretty good show overall, did not expect it to be this dark.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

New ST:D showrunner will be Alex Kurtzman

How did that season end up anyway? I think I watched about 80% of it or something then I forgot about it.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IRQ posted:

How did that season end up anyway? I think I watched about 80% of it or something then I forgot about it.

Fine, it's perfectly fine.

https://twitter.com/kingthor/status/1007368827762380800

Please don't have ever been a sex pest Jeff

zoux fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 15, 2018

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Fine, it's perfectly fine.

https://twitter.com/kingthor/status/1007368827762380800

Please don't have ever been a sex pest Jeff

I can't find the link right now (it might have been in this thread?) but the "dirt" that popped up is that apparently his wife regularly picks up women at yoga to take back to their place for threesomes. Assuming his wife (and let's not make assumptions here, Jeff himself) is OK with that (and they very well both may be into it) I don't think there's anything to be concerned about, but who knows.

Oh and I guess the people they pick up need to be ok with it too, but I mean, "Hey wanna have a one-time threesome with me, a former gymnast, and my husband, Jeff Goldblum" is a... pretty attractive proposition.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 15, 2018

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

lelandjs posted:

Oh and I guess the people they pick up need to be ok with it too, but I mean, "Hey wanna have a one-time threesome with me, a former gymnast, and my husband, Jeff Goldblum" is a... pretty attractive proposition.

Straight dude here. Would still be in.

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax
The regression from "firing and arresting serial rapists" to "shunning a guy who had bad consentual sex with a fan" to "crowing about a Fake Nerd's impending downfall because an ex from half a decade ago trash talked them" is kind of lame but nothing is going to touch Colin Trevorrow trying to claim that The Book of Henry failed because a movie with an evil pedophile as the villain was just too brilliant for a pre-MeToo world to accept.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
^^^ No, dude. What he did was real loving lovely. Emotional abuse is just as serious as other kinds.

Wow, gently caress Chris Hardwick

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Not saying they are similar but it just reminds me: a while ago there was an anonymous medium post accusing someone famous of sexual abuse, it was right at the height of the Weinstein stuff, but it got yanked by medium and nothing ever came of it. Does anyone remember who it was accusing?

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Erotic Wakes posted:

The regression from "firing and arresting serial rapists" to "shunning a guy who had bad consentual sex with a fan" to "crowing about a Fake Nerd's impending downfall because an ex from half a decade ago trash talked them"

Uh

Maybe read the Medium post? And then if you still don't get why he did was wrong, reread it a few more times.

And then if you still don't get why he did was wrong uh

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Half a decade" is now my favorite internet piece of poo poo way to try to make something recent sound old.

zoux posted:

Not saying they are similar but it just reminds me: a while ago there was an anonymous medium post accusing someone famous of sexual abuse, it was right at the height of the Weinstein stuff, but it got yanked by medium and nothing ever came of it. Does anyone remember who it was accusing?

Sounds like you're thinking of the Gal Gadot story?

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 15, 2018

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

At first I was like "oh poo poo, does this mean no more GLOW?" but then I remembered that's Marc Maron and I don't know who Chris Hardwick is.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Aphrodite posted:

"Half a decade" is now my favorite internet piece of poo poo way to try to make something recent sound old.

That post has was made 25000/100000 of an hour ago god drat get over it already fuckin snowflakes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

At first I was like "oh poo poo, does this mean no more GLOW?" but then I remembered that's Marc Maron and I don't know who Chris Hardwick is.

He's nerd Ryan Seacrest.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Remember that dating show on MTV back in the 90s with Jenny McCarthy?

He was the other host.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Sounds like you're thinking of the Gal Gadot story?

Yeah that's who it was thanks. Did that ever get substantiated?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She probably should have walked when his first rule before they even started dating was that she couldn't speak to other men and that she can't drink alcohol. Awesome, an alcoholic podcaster that's super paranoid.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

She should probably go ahead and release the video proof she said she has, it'll quiet the doubters and it's not going to increase the damage any more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Yeah that's who it was thanks. Did that ever get substantiated?

A few freelancers on Twitter saying they know the person who posted the story personally, and that it wasn't just some made up hit piece.

But also a lot of stuff linking to a possible obsessive anti-Israel internet stalker.

So who knows.