Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

As others have mentioned in regards to The New Day, I believe Kofi has straight up said that if The New Day wasn't a thing, he'd just retire. Can't say I blame him too, he spent most of his career floundering and never really getting to deliver on his potential but still probably made a good amount of money. Then The New Day made them all into bigger stars and extremely heavy merchandise movers and he's (hopefully) made bank since then.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Actively squandering it no less. This is a reminder that creative are constantly trying to break New Day up and have them do the standard TagTeam101 thing. It truly bothers me that WWE and it's writers see people using their own creativity and charisma to get themselves over, and think to themselves "hey, I bet what would make this better if I interfered and tried to make it just like everything else"

That amazing first run of the Shield run was supposed to be broken up earlier multiple times too, from memory. The only reason it didn't is because all three made a concerted effort to be united and shoot down every attempt they could in favor of just delivering incredible match after incredible match in front of red-hot crowds.

It's weird, it's like they were stronger united than they were apart, almost like there was some strange strength and protection to be found in some form of.... union....?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Jerusalem posted:

It's weird, it's like they were stronger united than they were apart, almost like there was some strange strength and protection to be found in some form of.... union....?

*tugboat whistle*

UNION!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Barry Bluejeans posted:

*tugboat whistle*

UNION!
number of times Test died while in The Union: 0
number of times Test died while not in The Union: 1

Check mate capitalists :smugbert:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Holy poo poo I literally was trying to remember the fourth guy in the union just yesterday

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Man, that 90 minute New Day/Elite video was literally just them sitting and playing video games and it was loving enthralling. WWE is squandering some amazing talent in The New Day, and what makes it worse is that they're probably one of the groups that actually gets some freedom to express themselves on a show.

Edit: Speaking of tag teams, it looks like The Bludgeon Brothers vs The Good Brothers has been shifted to the pre-show, and that The Deleters of Worlds vs The B Team isn't even mentioned in WWE's PPV rundown? :psyduck:

Edit Edit: Yep!

Christ this card is dire as gently caress

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
is the revival still stuck in the negaverse

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Holy poo poo I literally was trying to remember the fourth guy in the union just yesterday

...It was Mankind, Big Show, Ken Shamrock and Test? Was that everyone?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

...It was Mankind, Big Show, Ken Shamrock and Test? Was that everyone?

yeah I had the first three but couldn't remember Test

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

yeah I had the first three but couldn't remember Test

For something that had that lineup, that was a very forgettable faction.

Early 99 was weird.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’m pretty sure the stable lasted no longer than 3-4 weeks, but apparently in the exact window to be included in the Wm2000 game

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

I’m pretty sure the stable lasted no longer than 3-4 weeks, but apparently in the exact window to be included in the Wm2000 game

Yeah, teenage Mel was an enormous Ken Shamrock mark so I was all about them for the two weeks they mattered

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Umm how are we forgetting the most popular member ever of the union. Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Early 99 was weird.
The good old days of "crash booking" and five-minute matches that always ended in a DQ

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wrestling stars, ICP

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
how come no one ever told me about jamie noble? he's a little redneck with a high pitched voice who's constantly pissed off and loves watchin dudes gently caress his girlfriend.

what a fantastic character, really, bravo jamie noble.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mel Mudkiper posted:

is the revival still stuck in the negaverse

They got booted down to NXT

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

someone tell me why i should give a gently caress about gallows and anderson if i have only ever seen them in the wwe

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

My advice is Do not care About them on official wwe shows

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Cavauro posted:

My advice is Do not care About them on official wwe shows

way ahead of you pal.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Lana says she's training with Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella for the MitB match. I know it's mostly Dbry but lol @ being in a position where you're going to Brie Bella for advice on how to fight in a ladder match.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/enzo-amore-told-big-cass-he-couldn-t-forgive-him-not-finishing-match-after-tearing-his-acl

quote:

"Triple H tore his quad and sat in a sharpshooter. Stone Cold took a piledriver and was paralyzed...the ugliest school boy in the history of the business. I've been picked up and thrown down the ramp...have a sciatica issue," said Enzo. “Then we get backstage and you know people talk. If I’m Vince McMahon, am I going to invest? You have WrestleMania, main event. We expect you to go out there and have a half hour to forty-five minute match and you tear your ACL in the first five minutes. They have to know you're going to stick it out," he continued.

you should cripple yourself for life to make me look good --enzo "consensual penis" amore

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

boar guy posted:

someone tell me why i should give a gently caress about gallows and anderson if i have only ever seen them in the wwe

#BeatUpJohnCena was cool I guess.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Jerusalem posted:

Edit: Speaking of tag teams, it looks like The Bludgeon Brothers vs The Good Brothers has been shifted to the pre-show, and that The Deleters of Worlds vs The B Team isn't even mentioned in WWE's PPV rundown? :psyduck:

Edit Edit: Yep!

Sucks for the Tag Divisions, but I was half expecting them to throw Bayley vs Riot Squad on the preshow and try to cram all that into 4+ Hours with an early start time.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

VJeff posted:

gallows looks like he'd blow over in a stiff breeze from skipping leg day for the last 35 years

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/scottnicmoore/status/1007651559080067072

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/1007652366781505537

:chloe:

I guess this is one way to ensure you aren't being brought back for commentary for the MYC 2.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:stonk:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

They got booted down to NXT

Nxt is weird because the best talent is rewarded by being promoted to being terribly used

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
FTR was retired in part because The Revival is so cold and buried they barely exist at this point. Just really, incredibly bad timing with injuries that were not their fault. They've been Wade Barrett'ed.

Since AOP is off TV and in the abyss anyway, they should start fresh and just re-debut both teams after MITB. Wipe the slate.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

VJeff posted:

as was AJ with them vs Roman and the Usos

underrated feud imo

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

oh no that's a bad look, Jim

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The cover star for WWE 2k19 is gonna be AJ, wonder if this has implications for Sunday

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/wwe2k19-cover-commercial/

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

jesus WEP posted:

number of times Test died while in The Union: 0
number of times Test died while not in The Union: 1

Check mate capitalists :smugbert:

Test dying first proves that he was the Union's John Lennon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

Regarding B-Team vs Deleters of Worlds, are they going to take this match seriously and squash Bo and Axel, (there is an argument that this would be good as the DoW are former tag champs I think, and really shouldn't be pushed or beaten by the comedy jobbers), or are they going to tap into the wellspring of goofy awesome that all 4 men have?

DoW are current tag champs.

Plus Cass did try to finish the match. He literally collapsed trying to do his elbow drop and couldn't get back up.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Made me squirm , too. (In My rear end)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ahahahahah, Cass was visibly extremely frustrated that he couldn't finish the match to the point where he was screaming and swearing where the mics could hear him. I can't believe there's somebody out there that's lame enough to make me actually sympathize with Cass. Also, this poser-rear end motherfucker acting like he knows so much about Stone Cold and HHH working through their injuries. He probably watched clips of them on Youtube in 2016. What a basic bitch piece of trash.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
remember when enzo was in a wheelchair for 37 months in nxt

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

MotU posted:

remember when enzo was in a wheelchair for 37 months in nxt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czDsfALyTmI&t=6s

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Comparing a Raw filler match to the main event of Wrestlemania :laffo:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I don't get why they don't use New Day to get Big E over as a main eventer. He's decent for a big guy in the ring, has a good look and is solid on the mic. Spend 6 months to a year having Xavier try to motivate him to aim for more, Kofi giving him veteran advice. You don't even need to have them turn on each other, just make it a cool story about how this group worked together to get Big E to the top.

TNA (yes I know) did a story like that with James Storm that I thought was well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Niwrad posted:

I don't get why they don't use New Day to get Big E over as a main eventer. He's decent for a big guy in the ring, has a good look and is solid on the mic. Spend 6 months to a year having Xavier try to motivate him to aim for more, Kofi giving him veteran advice. You don't even need to have them turn on each other, just make it a cool story about how this group worked together to get Big E to the top.

TNA (yes I know) did a story like that with James Storm that I thought was well done.

I heard a bit of fantasy booking I really liked for this at WM33, when New Day were the hosts. Have the New Day doing some shenanigans in the ring, Brock's music hits to interrupt them, he comes down for his match with Goldberg and is basically like "scram, idiots." Kofi and Xavier are like :yikes:, but Big E stays behind to stare down Brock for a bit. There y'go, you've got a challenger for Brock and while Big E obviously gets his rear end handed to him, he can hang in there and show his stuff for a bit.

• Locked thread