Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tonic
Jan 4, 2003

What is everyone mining on their Nvidia rigs these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Battlefield 1, primarily.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

tonic posted:

The Call of Duty remaster and some 3D stuff in Modo

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness
Mostly iron.

Stardew Valley's merchants price that poo poo way too high.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

tonic posted:

Battlefront 2

Lambert posted:

Battlefield 1, primarily.

How is your kdr / w? Mine is skyyyyyyy highhhhh

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Risky Bisquick posted:

How is your kdr / w? Mine is skyyyyyyy highhhhh

Not that great, 1.22. But it's only going up!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tonic posted:

overwatch because AMD still hasnt patched the stability issues on the biggest esport game.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Risky Bisquick posted:

Battlefront 2

Anyone playing that? I’m afraid the pay to win fiasco damaged it eternally.

Fauxtool posted:

overwatch because AMD still hasnt patched the stability issues on the biggest esport game.

AMD has issues with Fortnite?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Craptacular! posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840017

PC player base is not super large from what I can tell, but size wise PS4 > Xbox > PC.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Craptacular! posted:

I refused to buy it due to loot boxes

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Craptacular! posted:

harr har har fortnite isnt esports yet, just the most popular game.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Is there any exchange which makes it easy to withdraw real cash amounts? Coinbase wants me to link my bank account which will cost me £10.00 in international bank transfer fees. Anywhere that will pay out to Paypal or something similar (or I guess that would mean even larger fees most likely)?

e: I guess they all need to verify with SEPA anyway if they're EU huh. drat I am broke

e2: oh Bittylicious.com seems easy as hell, is it a tarp?

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jun 15, 2018

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Not stability issues, but AMD does have sub-par performance in nearly every UE4 game...

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

El Grillo posted:

really just sit down and think about this for a minute. like, examine how you got to the point where you're asking this question seriously.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Why the gently caress would anyone ever consider getting into this poo poo in 2018

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Well there is probably a 100% chance that the crypto fad will come back every couple of years and people are definitely going to stock up on shitcoins to dump when it becomes mainstream before it dies out again. its a cycle.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

El Grillo posted:

Is there any exchange which makes it easy to withdraw real cash amounts? Coinbase wants me to link my bank account which will cost me £10.00 in international bank transfer fees. Anywhere that will pay out to Paypal or something similar (or I guess that would mean even larger fees most likely)?

e: I guess they all need to verify with SEPA anyway if they're EU huh. drat I am broke

I cant remember the EU recommendations but they are near the beginning of this thread. Sorry :|. Coinbase is not convenient outside of the USA

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

El Grillo posted:

I honestly can't stop laughing. Sorry dude :shobon:

You're pretty much SOL.

I wonder what the state of Bitcoin ATMs is like and if you still need to scan in your Passport just to withdraw $10.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Fyi for anyone wanting to sell stuff, bittylicious is indeed easy and stuck as hell and was not, in fact, a trap - although who knows, perhaps they are doing pernicious things with the photo of my ID that they have, even now...
Also good selling rates and no fees as far as I saw.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

El Grillo posted:

Fyi for anyone wanting to sell stuff, bittylicious is indeed easy and stuck as hell and was not, in fact, a trap - although who knows, perhaps they are doing pernicious things with the photo of my ID that they have, even now...

Eagerly awaiting the followup post about identity theft.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol at no fees. How do they make money if not to steal from you in some way

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

El Grillo posted:

Your ID is in a Russian database right now

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Your ID is in a Russian database right now

So it's safe as long as no American company can get to it.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
I found :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: on an exchange and converted it into FIAT money ohhh babyyyy

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Cool I'll let you all know when the Russians do something with my ID

Fauxtool posted:

lol at no fees. How do they make money if not to steal from you in some way
They have pretty bad buying rates, I guess that's where they make most of their money. The rate for my sale meant I lost about £5 compared to the market rate of btc vOv

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

quote:

NVIDIA seems to be having lots of trouble managing their GPU inventory or the excess of it as highlighted in new reports from Taiwanese based sources. Now the inventory issues may have exploded at NVIDIA HQ since a major Taiwanese OEM has allegedly returned 300,000 GPU units back to NVIDIA, that may end up causing a delay for the next-gen GeForce parts.
https://wccftech.com/nvidia-oem-partner-300k-gpu-inventory-issues-next-gen-geforce-delay/

Why aren't bitcoiners buying all these GPUs? To a true believer the price in fiat currency shouldn't matter.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
The ROI is too bad and despite the uncertainty of when exactly, we are on the verge of a new release. I do find all these reports very puzzling considering the pricing of GPUs. If there really is a massive surplus in inventory... why not put them on sale? Even a minor sale would cause a frenzy. The current pricing is still higher than it was a year a half ago. The cryptocurrency buying bonanza really ended months ago yet supply was very short up until recently... and now hundreds of thousands of cards being returned by distributors? Maybe its just bullshit stemming from some guy who wants everybody to short stocks

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Devian666 posted:

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-oem-partner-300k-gpu-inventory-issues-next-gen-geforce-delay/

Why aren't bitcoiners buying all these GPUs? To a true believer the price in fiat currency shouldn't matter.

I would imagine the number of people trying to make a quick buck vastly outnumber “true believers”.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

1gnoirents posted:

The ROI is too bad and despite the uncertainty of when exactly, we are on the verge of a new release. I do find all these reports very puzzling considering the pricing of GPUs. If there really is a massive surplus in inventory... why not put them on sale? Even a minor sale would cause a frenzy. The current pricing is still higher than it was a year a half ago. The cryptocurrency buying bonanza really ended months ago yet supply was very short up until recently... and now hundreds of thousands of cards being returned by distributors? Maybe its just bullshit stemming from some guy who wants everybody to short stocks

You're starting to see sales that are down in the historic lows, like just a few days ago there was a 1060 6gb for $230. Which is the lowest they've been since 2016, which was when the 480 came out and there was actual competition to lower the price.

The stock on shelves now was probably made with components purchased for elevated prices. Nobody wants to sell at a loss if they can help it. If the story about truckloads of GPUs being returned to nvidia is true, that's probably a deal that nvidia offered them. Nvidia doesn't want prices to fall like a rock, they want the current prices to be the new "normal" for the next generation.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
What I've found interesting is the drop off in searches for bitcoin and other cryptos and the fall in price. It's easy to believe overloading in parts inventory at the manufacturers as people have bought 3-8 gpus for a mining rig, or from some pictures apparently dozens of gpus being ordered. The problem will be compounded by the crackdown in China.

No matter what's happening lets hope the prices fall faster so people don't need to pay too much for even lovely cards for gaming.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what lovely GPUs are you talking about? There shouldnt be any that are good for bitcoin and bad for gaming due to the nature of mining

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Fauxtool posted:

what lovely GPUs are you talking about? There shouldnt be any that are good for bitcoin and bad for gaming due to the nature of mining

I'm meaning gamers that are stuck buying lower performance gpus to suit their budget. Recent months have seen a lot of people gpu mining altcoins. As you say mining bitcoin on a gpu hasn't been worthwhile for quite some time.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Devian666 posted:

I'm meaning gamers that are stuck buying lower performance gpus to suit their budget. Recent months have seen a lot of people gpu mining altcoins. As you say mining bitcoin on a gpu hasn't been worthwhile for quite some time.

Im seeing some broad generalities here and saying "as you say" to something I havent said confirms it. Are you here just to be agreed with or did you have something to discuss?

GPU prices are back to MSRP and widely available

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
Rejoice, as the $6k barrier has been broken downwards.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Bitcoin delenda est.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Fauxtool posted:

Im seeing some broad generalities here and saying "as you say" to something I havent said confirms it. Are you here just to be agreed with or did you have something to discuss?

GPU prices are back to MSRP and widely available

jfc he's just saying better cards will be cheaper, how is this difficult

Tapedump
Aug 31, 2007
College Slice
Some people just like to play the pedant.

Even to the detriment of the rational.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Detriment? I’m going to need to see some peer reviewed studies on that, as well as a paper on the etymology of the word detriment.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Just got a bunch of email offers from my local mom & pop PC store re: graphics cards. I don't know if it's a crash but at least GPUs are back to normal prices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Just got a bunch of email offers from my local mom & pop PC store re: graphics cards. I don't know if it's a crash but at least GPUs are back to normal prices

I think the endgame for current gen GPUs is MSRP with a bundled game or two. Nobody is really gonna buy them at higher prices with next gen imminent, and the OEMs would rather return the cards to NV if they can't sell at MSRP.

• Locked thread